PDA

View Full Version : What a GREAT feeling

coolfunkyd
12-07-2014, 06:42 AM
A very long day yesterday but well worth it as now have an NSX in my garage. I have bought from an NSXCB member and I am sure he will let you know his identity shortly.I could have spent the day chatting about the car and his owning experience however had to tackle the M1 and M25. I have never been more happy to be crawling along in traffic, lots of thumbs up and nice comments from other drivers (did not see the other super car owners queuing getting this attention) All I can say to anyone looking to buy is do it (I am smiling while writing this mail) and put the feelers out on this website. Great advice about waiting for the right car from you guys as I almost jumped for the first car I see and so glad I waited. Only downside is now have to work for the next three days.

Philip
12-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Hello and welcome to the fold. I know that feeling as I picked up my first NSX in February this year and got the thumbs up from other drivers. I'm sure you'll have a great time enjoying your new car.

goldtop
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Congrats! I know that feeling very well. On my first trip, I was taking it easy in convoy with a friend in her Fiesta. So many cars came steaming along to overtake and then slowed down to take a good look at the NSX. :)

Which one did you get? If it's one of the black ones, I'll be secretly jealous... ;)

coolfunkyd
13-07-2014, 07:04 AM
I bought Martyn Stables car, a 1991 manual In red with 35,000 miles on the clock. A great service history and in lovely condition. I felt really sorry for Martyn as it was a difficult decision for him to sell his NSX.

goldtop
13-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Excellent. Low miles ones are getting pretty rare.

Problem Child
13-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Congrats! I know that feeling very well. On my first trip, I was taking it easy in convoy with a friend in her Fiesta. So many cars came steaming along to overtake and then slowed down to take a good look at the NSX. :)

Which one did you get? If it's one of the black ones, I'll be secretly jealous... ;)
welcome to our merry little band...get used to the people slowing down for a look!

Mistercorn
13-07-2014, 09:21 PM
I get a lot of looks and comments in mine, invariably positive. On Friday I was at a car meet at a brewery in Oundle, a number of people came to ask about the car, many knew a bit about the NSX but had never seen one in the flesh.

MC

L696ULO
14-07-2014, 11:08 AM
welcome to our merry little band...get used to the people slowing down for a look!

Welcome

But what Geoff really means is .............. get used to people speeding up to catch up for a look!

Don't worry it's a standing with Geoff.

coolfunkyd
14-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I think Geoff may have some competition though, as when I went in to work on Saturday I was asked the famous question, how fast did you get up to on the way back, 100mph??? 120mph more??? I got a lot of stick when I said around the 80mph mark. Well you don't want to loose your licence on your fist day of ownership do you.

Senninha
14-07-2014, 11:00 PM

they do that to let you catch up Geoff .... :)

you have a nice one coolfunkyd, look after and enjoy ... and btw, that feeling from the first, I remember from 8 yrs ago and had it all over again this evening when I picked mine up from the garage ... they definitely get more attention than your average supercar ...

L696ULO
15-07-2014, 07:14 AM
OMG Paul....... Does this mean you will be at the SSC !

Looking forward to seeing your car's new look

Rich

Senninha
15-07-2014, 07:42 AM
OMG Paul....... Does this mean you will be at the SSC !

Looking forward to seeing your car's new look

Rich

Yep, shock horror, and subject to tickets arriving I'll be there ... all pretty much stock refresh Rich ...

Nick Graves
31-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I think Geoff may have some competition though, as when I went in to work on Saturday I was asked the famous question, how fast did you get up to on the way back, 100mph??? 120mph more??? I got a lot of stick when I said around the 80mph mark. Well you don't want to loose your licence on your fist day of ownership do you.

I came very close to that - test driving a Leg End I bought.

Good luck with the new car - I don't think the sheer specialness of driving it ever wears off.

coolfunkyd
01-08-2014, 07:24 PM
My first day off in nine today so a quick wash (even though the car didn't need it) and out for a spin. Still check the garage ever night as still cannot believe I own one. Love my car.

coolfunkyd
23-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Have now owned my car for 9 months and i'm so glad I took the plunge and bought my NSX last year. I have managed to get out for a drive most weeks (not easy working in sales for the motor trade) I smile every time I turn the key and feel down when the garage door shuts and the drive is over. Had the oil and filter changed at G&M Honda on Tuesday while it was in for the dreaded MOT. You always worry that a 24yr old car could have a few issues however the car passed with no advisories. Other than a few trims that have perished and a recent Bose amp issue (new owners should expect a few issues with this age of car) ownership has been great. It was my dream to own an NSX and I don't think that special feeling when driving will ever ware off. I hope all you perspective owners find your perfect car like I have.

Nick Graves
24-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Well done, that man!

Best thing is, that feeling never seems to wear off...you have to experience it to appreciate it.

Even in a traffic jam.

coolfunkyd
24-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh yes, I don't mind the occasional traffic jam (time permitting) surprising how many people like a quick chat. I have never had any negertive comments however most people say they have never seen one in the metal or they don't know what make/ model the car is.

coolfunkyd
02-05-2016, 09:40 AM
After snapping my Achilles' tendon the end of January, took my baby out for a short drive last week. Strangely my injury happened the day after I dropped the car off with Kaz so first time I have drove after having the brakes overhauled. A big thanks to Kaz for the work he carried out and for his advise during my ownership. First drive was to my old works as car was overdue its MOT. Went through with no advisories even with the quad exhaust on it. A quick blast out yesterday, it was a lovely sunny here in Kent. I just love 3rd gear, letting the rev's rise and listening to the engine note. As its early days after my operation didn't go too far and there is still a chance of re-rupture. So guys and girls what have you been up to over the bank holiday weekend. Any NSX driving stories?????

Senninha
02-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Hi coolfunkyd,

Like you I grabbed some quiet and open tarmac this morning ... was blessed with good traffic flow and green lights so much so that the only time I came to a real stop was back at home with another 100ish miles under my belt.

Which franchise do you sell? Feel free to IM if you prefer.

regards, Paul

marknsx
02-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Madness on the road. I had some idiot on my bumper in a juke. Trying to get past me on a dual carriage way heavy with bank holiday traffic. He undertook on a number of occasions trying to get ahead of a long line of cars. Needless to say he made no progress until the road widened to mway. Whereupon I demonstrated what a decent car can do safely.

Sudesh
03-05-2016, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the club. Make sure and keep in good contact with "Mr Kaz" for good Health Check that's ever needed on your car. Although I'm no longer an NSX owner, I remember that feeling. Enjoy and stay safe....

coolfunkyd
03-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Hi coolfunkyd,

Which franchise do you sell? Feel free to IM if you prefer.

regards, Paul

Hi Paul, I work for Kia/Suzuki after aprox 9yrs with Honda. I have always loved the Honda brand since my dad bought an Accord in 1982. Had the lever inside you pull to pop the boot, at 12yrs old I thought that was real James Bond equipment. Roll forward 30+ years and 18 Honda's later finally got my NSX (anyone thinking of buying one, it was definitely worth the wait)
An interesting drive down to Ashford today as got mixed up with the Gymball 3,000 drivers. The car got snapped a number of times from people on the bridges.