PDA

View Full Version : Parts from the US

NSA
19-04-2006, 12:12 PM
I paid £255 for an oxygen sensor last year. Pattern parts on this website for $175.

http://www.autopartsauthority.com/oxygen/acura~nsx~1997~~parts.html

I am looking for a speed sensor from the US. They aren't on DaliRacing.com and the website above doesn't have them. All of the suppliers I have found online seem to have exactly the same database behind the website.

This one looks good but patchy on parts coverage:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=3&catcgry1=NSX&catcgry2=1997&catcgry3=2DR+NSX&catcgry4=&catcgry5=

Anybody bought an ABS speed sensor online before?

Kevin
19-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Email Mark at Dali, just because the part isn't listed, doesn't mean he won't get it for you.

ctrlaltdelboy
19-04-2006, 06:47 PM
I was going to post here and say that Kev, but I decided against it, in case it prompted further attacks on me from the anti-Dali camp :oops:

it's a shame that I was made to feel unwilling to make such a post, but it's good that it got made by someone (you) anyway.

I'll try not to hold back in future, and just continue to give advice despite the flames that it may cause.

jonathanolney
19-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I do not want to do Mark out of any business because I have always had superb service from him but I have just bought a used OSR ALB sensor from Dirk for £35 inc postage. It took a week to come & was obviously from a late or low mileage car as it looked almost new. My local Honda agent said lots of money & none in Europe at present.

John

NSA
20-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the replies. Dali has them at $103 plus shipping. I will give Dirk a try before ordering one.

How easy is it to remove the ABS sensor? Once I've unscrewed the two bolts, does the sensor lift out or unscrew, because I took the wheel off to have a look and couldn't see how it's supposed to come out.

My experience is that I've bought a car cover and a coolant tank from Dali without any problems. I trust the moderator will not allow any negative comments on this thread because views on Dali are available elsewhere in the forum.

jonathanolney
20-04-2006, 03:26 PM
That is a very good deal from Dali. I have only taken out the offside rear sensor. It pulls out easily. The leads on the other 3 look a bit harder to get at but OSR was only a 15 minute job. My sensor had checked out OK with a meter & I traced the loom back to the control unit (as per workshop manual) with still no fault. However changing the sensor fixed the problem.

John