PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead lining - Creaking driver's door.

kevinpsw
18-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Bulkhead Lining

Stretching across the back of the inside of the car at neck height is a bulkhead lining. Mine has been removed in the past and is no longer fitted properly.

The lining, according to the diagram in the parts manual, should be held by clips that fit behind the lower parts of the interior lining behind the seats, an [aligning prong] on the passenger side and 3 bolts whose heads fit into brackets on the back of the bulkhead lining. On mine, although there are mounting holes for the 3 bolts on the bulkhead, their diameter is wider than the 3 Honda supplied (Chiswick Honda) bolts so they do not hold the bolts in place for the lining to afix to. It's as if there ought to be captive nuts to screw the bolts into but there is no obvious sign of such things having ever been in place.

:?: Has anyone had their bulkhead lining off and seen how these 3 bolts should be held? Should there be captive nuts fixed to the car bulkhead for the bolts to screw into or should there be some form of rubber grip to slide the bolt into?

Creaking door panel

My door panel creaks as you drive. You barely hear it when the radio is loud but it becomes slightly intrusive when the radio is off. The fault does not seem to fit the description of popping and creaking when lent on as described on NSX Prime.

:?: I've heard of using silicone grease to address door panel creaks, has anyone tried this or any other repair technique?

Kevin
18-04-2006, 12:37 PM
The three bolts you refer to should be white plastic clips (or pins). They slide into the holes in the lining, and are then a push fit into the holes in the bulkhead. These clips are not used anywhere else in the car. it sounds like you have been given the wrong ones.

They are prone to bending, if the lining is pushed onto the bulkhead without all the clips being in line with the holes.

kevinpsw
18-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I got back in touch with Chiswick Honda parts department and they have acknowledged their mistake. Apparently some plastic clips will be on their way. Thanks for the information. I'll try not to bend the clips when I mount the bulkhead panel.