PDA

View Full Version : Easter fun with the car

Kevin
17-04-2006, 05:19 PM
The sun is out so its time to get in the garage. Read about my upgrade to the stereo here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1370&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Mr_Spanners
17-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Looks like you've been keeping busy!!

Am I right in thinking you've only replaced one speaker and you've got the original speaker\amp in the drivers door? Since the mini sub enclosure has gone then you'll have no centre speaker either!?

Given the Mission speaker is 8ohm you'll be driving a 'car amp' quite hard to get the volume to match the other door speaker... so, how does the setup now sound?

~Phil.

PS I'm guessing you have a band saw for that nice cut out of ply??? :D 8)

Kevin
17-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Err no. I only showed the passenger side in the photos, but I did do the drivers side as well.

Have a listen to the rear centre up close, and you'll find out it doesn't do much, also with the sub disconnected there's not much difference either with the standard speakers.

The standard system is too much of a 'one-note' bass. Now it sounds much more even. Though the aim of the exercise wasn't to fit a great system, rather fix what didn't work.

I have a bandsaw, but for this mainly used the router to profile round the old speaker box.

Mr_Spanners
17-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Ahhh right ..... I thought it a little odd to replace just one speaker!!! :D

I've got a little audio project lined up having nearly got all the required 'bits' together. I'll post plenty of pics when I'm at the install stage - Being a bit of an audiophile I'm keen to experiment with speaker placement and materials whilst keeping the car looking stock!

BTW, the speaker panel looks superb - I really must buy a new router... along with some sharp bits!!! :roll:

~Phil.