PDA

View Full Version : Cover, console box *nh150l*

Marks_NSX
10-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for the cover that sits at the bottom of the arm rest storage box. Anyone got one but must be in good condition?

I'm trying to get my NSX back on the road after over 2 years sitting unused and outside but also on a budget!! Long story but includes a divorce and a happy ending that I got to keep the NSX :)

Will probably need more parts but at the moment I'm concentrating on the climate control and a window fix!

Cheers

Mark

L696ULO
11-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi Mark

If nobody has one and you are on a budget why not make one?

It's only an aluminium plate with 2 holes and something to cover over it.

Do you have the instructions to remove the door card for your window fix, I can send you the link?

Rich

Marks_NSX
11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit fussy about not using original parts and only do so as a last resort. I've restored bikes where every last nut, washer and split pin was either originally on the vehicle or came nice and shiny in a bag with Honda on it. I know its strange but then I guess that's me :)

I do have the instructions for the door thanks but at the mo I'm wrestling with the centre console. Got to get the electrical connectors off. None of the instructions mention the 4 switches and the other issue is the Honda alarm fitted has a light in the console.

Cheers

Mark

nobby
11-06-2014, 10:59 PM
pm sudesh, he has a lot (still ... i think) of nsx bits kicking about

L696ULO
12-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Hi Mark

the switches are easy, do the back right first (blue) you will see a tab facing the back of the car push in and pull the connector down, then do the left back blue connector the tab is on the left then the front green left and finally the front right the tab is also facing left towards the passenger seat.
There should be enough wire on you alarm light to give you plenty of access.

hope this helps
Rich

Problem Child
12-06-2014, 07:05 PM
pm sudesh, he has a lot (still ... i think) of nsx bits kicking about
Sudesh has enough parts to build one. If he doesn't Britlude can make anything Sudesh doesn't have!

Marks_NSX
13-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi Rich,

Console removed :) Its a lot easier during the day to see everything !! Have the CCU out and have inspected the PCB which appears to have very minor damage.

Next stop the door.

Cheers

Mark

Marks_NSX
13-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks Geoff and Nobby.

Have sent a PM to Sudesh so fingers crossed.

britlude
13-06-2014, 11:13 AM
If not Dirk in Germany should have something...

L696ULO
13-06-2014, 12:45 PM
You will need to be persistent with the door card especially getting the first panel off. I did mine a few years back and remember scraping my knuckles but once you know how they slot in the second door will be a breeze!

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Hi, Mark.

If you can't find a used one, just let me know through email.

New one is 83403-SL0-A90ZA.

Long-long time ago, it used to be below £10 but not sure about the latest price in Japan and to be honest, I don't know what the reasonable price is for that thin aluminium plate with felt like black cloth coating....

Unless you need it urgently, I'm waiting for some parts deliveries from Japan that were on back order for many months so I can include yours in one of the delivery after checking the latest price for you.

When removing the door card, after removing all of the screws, please make sure to rest the plastic tabs (where the screw goes in) at the edge of the door card on top of the weatherstrip by lifting the door card slightly.
By now, the plastic tab is very fragile due to heat and ageing over the years.

Same goes for the re-installation.
When you put the screw back in place, please stop tightening it once you start feeling changes in torque. Otherwise, you will 100% guranteed to crack the plastic tab.

I'm in the process of removing the entire dashboard to replace the defrost panel and possibly servicing the left side door glass window so if you needfurther info and some photos, just let me know.

Kaz

Marks_NSX
13-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks. Successfully got door apart but cannot find the end of the up cable!!