PDA

View Full Version : the supercar event

britlude
02-06-2014, 04:21 PM
has anyone mentioned this yet? i know it's a bit late, as it's 21st/22nd June..... at Top Gears track, Dunsfold, GU6 8HY

http://www.thesupercarevent.com/

from their facebook page, they are still accepting clubs....

If you are member of a car club, we can offer you free stand space to showcase your club. We also recognise that as a club display, you will be assisting the event by providing an eclectic mix of automotive eye candy for the public. So each car (max 2 people) will be admitted to the event on both days for just £15.

Send us a private message if you'd like your car club to be at The Supercar Event.

http://www.thesupercarevent.com/index.php/get-involved/car-clubs

https://www.facebook.com/thesupercarevent

just wondered if anyone was interested, we are supercar owners after all!... :)

Pride
02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Hi Johnathan, that's a great event and if you're trying to organise a club gathering then please put me on the list.
cheers AKA Clive.

Silver Surfer
02-06-2014, 08:31 PM
How does the 2 days work? Go twice in the weekend or if you can only attend for 1 day but still pay the £15?
Probably do one of the day? Sunday.

SS

214nsx
02-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I be interested too.

britlude
02-06-2014, 09:56 PM
the £15 bit can be read both ways, so asked for clarification.......

L696ULO
03-06-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm interested too but only for one of the days

Rich

sorepaws
03-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Add me - one maybe 2 days

britlude
03-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Mr. Del Monte he say yes! We have a club pitch, discount code and can take a gazebo!!! Only downer is that it's £15 per day, but we'll only go one day anyway! i'l post full details tonight when i get to a proper keyboard not a phone!

britlude
03-06-2014, 03:56 PM
right, listen carefully, i shall say this only once... unless the hard of hearing need it repeating!!!
i've had communications with the Supercar event team, distilled to this......

For a car club, it’s £15 per car, based on two people in the car (driver + 1 passenger).You will have a dedicated area for the Honda NSX club, you just need to keep me updated on numbers. You also need to arrive before 9am. 8:30am would be ideal.The code to get the discount is CARSSS. When you’re on the See Tickets website, you have a space where you can enter this code. Then you have to click on either Saturday or Sunday and it will show up. I hope this help? I also attached our flyer, should you need it.Closer to the event, please let me know roughly how many cars we are expecting

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xfa1/t1.0-1/p32x32/1623420_616567261751521_1372112509_t.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/thesupercarevent) Should you have a small branded gazebo for your club (max 3x3m), or branded flags, feel free to bring them with you. See you in 3 weeks Emeline

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xfa1/t1.0-1/p32x32/1623420_616567261751521_1372112509_t.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/thesupercarevent) after discussion with colleagues, due to the ambiguity of the wording on our website, it's £15 per car (2 people) for the full weekend (saturday and sunday)

. They need to click on either sat or sunday, but the ticket will be valid for both days anyway. It should say "car club weekend"

so the highlights are...

£17.50 (with all booking fees) gets you, a passenger and your car into the event for both days....

so you need to go here.... http://www.seetickets.com/tour/the-supercar-event-2014 to buy tickets, put the code CARSSS , pick saturday or sunday, doesn't really matter as the tickets on the next page says...

CAR CLUB WEEKEND - VALID SATURDAY & SUNDAY
£16.50 (£15.00)Transaction fee applicable *

this is the important one!!! there are LOTS of other options regarding booking supercar/hypercar/classic car passenger rides!

pay the dosh (ends up £17.50 all in) download and print out your ticket, and post up here when you are going! simples!
(If you have booked Silverstone classic tickets, it'll all look very familiar)

we are advised to be there before 9, recommended 8.30... i'd say 8ish to be safe!

directions are here... http://www.thesupercarevent.com/index.php/visit-us/venue-information

(at the end of the ticket buying experience, i was asked what club i'm representing, web addy and club contact phone no.. i made up the number as i don't think we have one!!! 01222222222!!! :) )

anyway....

Supercar Event Dunsfold....

1. Britlude Sunday, (maybe saturday too!)

mjames75
03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I'll be there on sunday giving passenger rides!

Silver Surfer
03-06-2014, 07:58 PM
1. Britlude ......................Sunday, (maybe saturday too!)
2. Silver Surfer ...............Sunday,

SS

Problem Child
03-06-2014, 08:37 PM

SS

Include me for the Sunday

L696ULO
04-06-2014, 09:18 AM
3. Oneillg1201.................Sunday
4. L696ULO.....................Sunday

sorepaws
04-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Done

5. Sorepaws ...................Saturday, maybe Sunday

214nsx
04-06-2014, 08:52 PM
6. 214nsx........................Sunday.

Pride
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=214nsx;108885]1. Britlude ......................Sunday, (maybe saturday too!)
7. Pride...........................Sunday

Senninha
07-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Jonathan, should be able to confirm on 16th, can you check if this is ok please to advise on numbers. Interest is for the Sunday.

rgds, Paul

britlude
07-06-2014, 02:13 PM
i should think so, the tickets are print-at-home anyway, so no waiting for postage! i just need to tell them how much space to save for us!

has anyone got a gazebo that will fit in their car?

Senninha
07-06-2014, 02:33 PM
has anyone got a gazebo that will fit in their car?

i do, need to check it will fit in boot / passenger side ok .... From memory, 10'x10' pop up

rgds Paul

NSXGB
07-06-2014, 10:48 PM
8. NSXGB........................Sunday

britlude
14-06-2014, 08:29 AM
a quick reminder and bump as it's NEXT weekend :)..... from their faceache page....

Please note, we will stop selling advanced tickets at 12noon on Thursday 19th June. You will still be able to buy tickets on the day but we strongly advise you to get them in advance

To book your tickets now: www.thesupercarevent.com (http://www.thesupercarevent.com)

sorepaws
15-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Guess I am the only one for Saturday

Senninha
15-06-2014, 08:06 PM

the other reds are aiming for Saturday ... so we'll see them Sunday with the rest of cast ....

britlude
15-06-2014, 08:30 PM

alas i will have to withdraw from my possible saturday attendance, after the last hectic month of shows, including a daytrip to Beaulieu today, I really need a lie in some time this year!.. i'll be there sunday tho!

sorry Sorepaws :(

the other reds are aiming for Saturday ... so we'll see them Sunday with the rest of cast ....

you found yours yet????

sorepaws
16-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Alfa's ? or Maserati's ?

Senninha
16-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Alfa's ? or Maserati's ?

Excellent response Mike ... and quick too ;o)

Senninha
16-06-2014, 08:28 PM
you found yours yet????

:(:( nothing to add ...

britlude
16-06-2014, 10:08 PM
:(:( nothing to add ...

you have til noon thursday to find it!!!

lotusolly
16-06-2014, 11:24 PM
8. NSXGB........................Sunday
9. Lotusolly.....................Sunday

NSXGB
17-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Can't make this now, have fun all.

1. Britlude ......................Sunday,
8. Lotusolly.....................Sunday

sorepaws
17-06-2014, 05:18 PM
If anyone changes their mind I might bring coffee and cookies along on the Saturday. Cant make Sunday.

Problem Child
17-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Cant now make it as I am meeting HRH on the Monday and rehearsals are on the Sunday

Silver Surfer
17-06-2014, 11:05 PM
3. Lotusolly.....................Sunday

Seems it's the usual hardcore members attending.....;)

SS

NZNick
17-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Which HRH?

Silver Surfer
17-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Leaving from Colchester at 6.45am and heading down the A12 to go over Dartford Bridge and southbound on the M25....so should pick most members up on a convoy in...

SS

britlude
18-06-2014, 12:15 PM
at the risk of more people bailing out, a reminder that entries close noon on thursday......

5. Sorepaws ...................Saturday, promoting the rarity of the car!

NSX 2000
18-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Seems it's the usual hardcore members attending.....;)

SS

NO!!!!!!! The hardcore members went to Europe!!! You lot only go to events in England!!!! ;)

Rdevelopments
18-06-2014, 02:59 PM
NO!!!!!!! The hardcore members went to Europe!!! You lot only go to events in England!!!! ;)

So True ;-)

britlude
18-06-2014, 03:38 PM
didn't have time to go to Europe, i was too busy going to other events! the way things are going i think i have one free weekend in july,
.... i've been to 7 car meets/shows since Japfest, with another 8 lined up before Silverstone classic.....!

anyway,we have the Magnificent Seven representing the NSX

unless there's any other takers to swell the numbers!

sorepaws
18-06-2014, 03:46 PM

I resemble that remark - however maybe standing in the middle of a freezing cold airfield in Essex is more hard core than swanning around Europe in the Sun.
So this weekend it is a freezing cold airfield called Dunsfold in Surrey

Oh and UK is in Europe :-P

Problem Child
18-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Which HRH?Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

Dragonlady
19-06-2014, 06:22 AM
What do you have to practice for????????

"eh up love, ow's it hanging" Simples!

L696ULO
19-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Cant now make it as I am meeting HRH on the Monday and rehearsals are on the Sunday

Geoff don't you curtsey and bow to you NSX every day, isn't that enough practice?

Problem Child
19-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Geoff don't you curtsey and bow to you NSX every day, isn't that enough practice?Nah...You all misunderstand...Its practice for HRH so she understands the protocol when in the company of an NSX!!!

Hagasan
19-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Geoff "Good morning mam, your Majesty, Lizzy. I do hope you like my glitzy new terminal? It's been a bit long in completion but I do like to take my time. I set off early yesterday to make sure I got here in time for you. So lovely to meet.... "

HRH " Yes, yes Geoff that's enough chit-chat. .. You'd best set off now to get home for the weekend"

Problem Child
19-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Geoff "Good morning mam, your Majesty, Lizzy. I do hope you like my glitzy new terminal? It's been a bit long in completion but I do like to take my time. I set off early yesterday to make sure I got here in time for you. So lovely to meet.... "HRH " Yes, yes Geoff that's enough chit-chat. .. You'd best set off now to get home for the weekend"I was going to ask her what she makes of the new NSX

Senninha
19-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Geoff "Good morning mam, your Majesty, Lizzy. I do hope you like my glitzy new terminal? It's been a bit long in completion but I do like to take my time. I set off early yesterday to make sure I got here in time for you. So lovely to meet.... "

HRH " Yes, yes Geoff that's enough chit-chat. .. You'd best set off now to get home for the weekend"

top Marks! Lol

Problem Child
19-06-2014, 07:09 PM
top Marks! Lol
In the words of someone more famous..."One is not amused!!"

NSXGB
20-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Crank pulley discussion move to it's own thread, back on track...

Marky
21-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Hi guys. I'll be going on Sunday. Meeting a mate on St John's Wood High street at 7am if anyone is local. I've just advertised my NSX so won't be taking that down. Will probably take then CLK Black series as it has 500bhp so should keep up with most things on the track

NSXGB
21-06-2014, 06:36 AM
I'm in a quandary now, was going to take the NSX but now wondering whether to take the Aventador instead?

britlude
21-06-2014, 07:34 AM
We have the shiny, well polished red NSX of Sorepaws representing us today, ta Mike!

argh.. 2 points...

1... if you've just advertised your NSX i thought taking it to a supercar event with a for sale sign, where some people are dripping in cash, would be a good thing...

2... anyway, just as well you're not taking your NSX as i had to let the lovely Emeline know numbers, so she could set up the club spaces... hence why i asked for names on the list!

the way it's going, i might as well take the Hotrod, or the Jensen, or the surprisingly engined Cube now!

see you all (who-ever turns up in what!) there tomorrow! :)

sorepaws
21-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Well a fun day on my own, I followed all the bright shiny supercars ( I follow anything bright and shiny really) - and ended up in the Paddock/Pits - no one at that point seemed to know where the "club" cars were. I headed (after advice) to the organisers tent and was entered into the "fast chauffer" event i.e. driving joe public around part of the Top Gear track ( the whole Top Gear track is not available as it is a figure of 8 and the numpty Bentley and Audi drivers can't figure out what to do! )

As the one and only NSXCB representative I had fun driving spotty mumbling adolescents around the track in an attempt to make them at least do more than mumble. Some kids have all the luck - parents willing to shell out £30 to let their offspring meet their maker in a SuperCar.

I can state quite categorically that a Lamborghini Aventador (sp) is faster in a straight line than an NSX - probably round the corners as well but I never got close enough to try. Bentley drivers are knobs! ok so they are fast in a straight line then wallow around the bends - one tried to take me off the track at a chicane - more ploughing than cornering from the Bentley. Audi RS6's are fast as well both in a straight line and corners - brakes are good as well but they should be they are about the size of my tyres.

Ferraris are fast, but their drivers might not be - yes even Captain Slow (me) in the Auto NSX got held up by a few !

Sorry not many photo's taken I was having too much fun and now need a new set of rear tyres - continuous left hand bends and a hot track have taken months of normal wear off them.

My thanx to Jonathan for organising I hope you have a fun day tomorrow.

See you all at Silverstone over the 3 days

NSX 2000
22-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Well a fun day on my own, I followed all the bright shiny supercars ( I follow anything bright and shiny really) - and ended up in the Paddock/Pits - no one at that point seemed to know where the "club" cars were. I headed (after advice) to the organisers tent and was entered into the "fast chauffer" event i.e. driving joe public around part of the Top Gear track ( the whole Top Gear track is not available as it is a figure of 8 and the numpty Bentley and Audi drivers can't figure out what to do! )

As the one and only NSXCB representative I had fun driving spotty mumbling adolescents around the track in an attempt to make them at least do more than mumble. Some kids have all the luck - parents willing to shell out £30 to let their offspring meet their maker in a SuperCar.

I can state quite categorically that a Lamborghini Aventador (sp) is faster in a straight line than an NSX - probably round the corners as well but I never got close enough to try. Bentley drivers are knobs! ok so they are fast in a straight line then wallow around the bends - one tried to take me off the track at a chicane - more ploughing than cornering from the Bentley. Audi RS6's are fast as well both in a straight line and corners - brakes are good as well but they should be they are about the size of my tyres.

Ferraris are fast, but their drivers might not be - yes even Captain Slow (me) in the Auto NSX got held up by a few !

Sorry not many photo's taken I was having too much fun and now need a new set of rear tyres - continuous left hand bends and a hot track have taken months of normal wear off them.

My thanx to Jonathan for organising I hope you have a fun day tomorrow.

See you all at Silverstone over the 3 days

Sounds like you had a bloody good laugh! ;)