PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring webcam, NSX spotted :)

simonprelude
15-04-2006, 11:46 AM
http://nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg

Spotted this on there earlier

ctrlaltdelboy
15-04-2006, 02:15 PM
must be Ritchie (sportyking)

simonprelude
15-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Plate doesn't look right ??

must be Ritchie (sportyking)

NSXGB
16-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Whats the black motor in the front of the queue in the last pic?

ChrisR
16-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Corvette?

Chris.

Senninha
16-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Definately a Vette ... might be one of the C or Z models?

NSXGB
16-04-2006, 07:56 PM
....yes, I can make it out now.

sportyking
17-04-2006, 09:22 PM
It was me, spotted two others: Silver (John) who came over and we chatted, and a red (Steve?) who I never got to speak to. Both Uk cars.
Someone I was with claimed a spot of a black one but I cannot confirm it.

Back safe, no dramas except when I pushed hard the rear tyres turned to jelly late in some of the twisty stuff. Track day tyres are a must have for a dry ring.

In the wet the car understeered wildly but it was great fun and taught me masses about the car in various conditions.

Friday was busy.
Saturday was full of idiots with no skill or on track etiquette. Track was closed lots of times and I never completed a lap without coming across an accident or two. Some big ones as well.

Sunday, the wet weather put lots off and because of this the relatively empty track was great fun and ultra slippy due to the rubber from Saturday. Unfortunately our group suffered a couple of relatively minor offs. When the track dried it was grippier than any time during the weekend or even last Easter, so the rain did it good.

Today, the weather looked perfect but I decided to quit while ahead and left early avoiding the "just one more lap" temptation.

Found a good Autobahn on the way back and hit 174 on the clock before I decided enough was enough!

Great weekend, see you at Silverstone.