PDA

View Full Version : Suspension bushes question

Nick Graves
13-04-2006, 08:58 AM
There's a bit of a furore (not the NSX wannabe!) over on S2Ki at the moment, over seized suspension bush adjusters, necessitating new wishbones. Honda have been refusing to help. It is particularly galling, since if they were greased at the factory, the problem could have been avoided.

I know that several NSX owners have found out (to their cost!) that the NA is similarly afflicted.

How many people have had this problem? Please add!

Oh, & next time you get your alignment done, get them to whip out the bolts & Copper-ease them!

sportyking
13-04-2006, 09:28 AM
I greased the fittings on my S2k when it was around a year old. One was pretty seized up then but came out.

I didn't know the NSX had the same issue, but I'm sure most of these things can be got free with time, application and technique but garages wont contemplate it.

I am lucky, my dad's a miracle worker in that department I have never found anything he cannot resolve. After a zillion years in the trade he has methods that have long since been lost to the modern grease monkeys.

The most recent was a bike with spindly exhaust studs/nuts all corroded together. One local shop kindly rounded off the nuts, another had a go and gave up. I rode it to my Dad, when I had got new parts.
15 minutes later the exhaust was off, and the studs, cleaned and useable, but then he changed one he considered weakened as a precaution.

Nick Graves
13-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for that, most helpful!

IIRC, it's the front castor adjusters on the NSX.

It's front castor & rear camber (mostly) on the S2000.