PDA

View Full Version : rear bulkhead cover types

Metabro
21-05-2014, 06:39 PM
has anyone converted the one piece arm rest to the dual piece version ?

I purchased a used console on ebay.com and a new center bulkhead 83741-SL0-A01ZA

got the shipment today but it doesnt fit, for me the new 83741-SL0-A01ZA looks like RHD, but my car is LHD

the consoles look the same, any ideas?

LHD (from my car) on the left RHD on the right is that correct??

britlude
21-05-2014, 08:29 PM
the LHD and RHD are handed, just to be awkward! just checked on my RHD, the straight vertical side is to the driver, biasing the arm rest to the passenger side.

as far as i've noticed, you have to change bulkhead and armrest at the same time as the double armrest is slightly longer.... (hence the different shape at the base of the centre bulkhead)

hope that helps

NSXGB
21-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Can you switch the side panels from your LHD armrest to the RHD one?

Easy to tell whether the centre panels is LHD or RHD as it's written in the back. The arm rest main box has no part numbers but the side panels do. Hopefully they will interchange?

britlude
21-05-2014, 08:50 PM
that would still have the problem of the early and late centre bulkhead panel has a different profile at the bottom, the early one having a double step, the later with a single step. i think its for extra clearance for the double opening top.

Metabro
21-05-2014, 09:28 PM
thank you for your help !!

there is the problem first single piece console, even on each side with the left bulkhead from the top picture

dual arm rest with the right bulkhead cover which should be LHD looks like this

and I couldnt switch the side panels from the dual arm rest, they dont fit the other way round

the clearance is ok but straight side should be on drivers side

I just dont get it

Can someone please post a pic from an RHD with dual piece arm rest? I have to proove thats its the wrong part so i can send it back

britlude
21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
RHD.... you might be able to see it on this thread... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10043-Yet-another-NSX-interior-mod-(ok-I-was-bored-) if not i'll take another pic of mine to show it better....

i take it there's not enough clearance at the back to just swap armrest lids...