PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: pair of rear tyres 245/40/17 NSX any

sportyking
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Christ these things wear quick!!

I have just seen my tyres are nearly at the wear bars after 4k!!
I desparately need tyres of an NSX specific type (any of the three) for my Ring trip.
I would prefer partworns as I intend to convert to Toyo R888s or the Yoko A022H when the front Bridgestone RE010s wear out.

Anyone have any knocking about.

Alternately does anyone know anywhere close(ish) to South London that may stock the NSX tyres

Simon, I have seen your dit on Eventmobile in the other thread, and will give them a shout in the morning.

ctrlaltdelboy
11-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Greybloke has some Dunlops for sale here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1345) which might do you

they are not NSX specific, and they are 10mm narrower than stock, but they might well be a solution for your ring trip (and may allow for a bit more oversteer too :D )

also, I think Greybloke is in your neck of the woods too.

have a good time over there matey ;)

sportyking
11-04-2006, 08:58 AM
No more panic, now sorted.

Flinty
11-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I have a pair of part worn Toyo Proxes T1R's.

They're 255/40/17's but fit the NSX fine. Good sticky rubber and ideal for a track blast. I changed em because they dont run as well everyday on the NSX as Bridgestones/Dunlops. See previous threads.
£10 each if you collect.

Also have the matching Toyo fronts 225/45/16 with about 5mm tread on each. £25 each if collecting.

Cheeaars

Flinty

sportyking
11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Flinty, I am sorted for the immediate but I will take all your Toyos anyway, as they sound like an excellent starting point for for track day set I am trying to build.

I agree about the everyday comment, this is the very reason I was looking for NSX specific tyres as I don't want any little surprises on my first ring trip in the car :D

I have now sorted a set of Yoko A022H0s for the back.
Bridgestones on the front but they were never a problem with the Dunlop 8080s so I'm hoping it will still be ok.

Darren, Mark at Dali was a star at sorting my understeer and ultimately stopping me throwing money in the wrong direction. I was sceptical that the Zanardi rear antiroll bar would have such a pronounced effect but now I have that little bit of oversteer I wanted, making roundabouts a hoot :D

When I have some ultra grippy tyres sorted for the summer I will be in heaven