PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealer servicing

Squirejo
27-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Hello everyone,

its time to get my car out of storage and stretching its legs for the better part of the summer. But it needs a good service including Campbell. I will email Kaz separately but suspect he will be booked up for months.

therefore- can anyone point me to a list of Honda NsX-approved dealers? (Or ones that know their onions with a known technician)

car is currently in Derbyshire.

failing all of the above, is there any reason that I should NOT take it to Plans Motorsport?

AR
27-04-2014, 07:36 AM
How old is the car, and does it have full service history with the dealerships up to now?

NSXGB
27-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Norton Way are surely a lot closer to you than Plans, that would be my choice.

havoc
27-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Drop Dragonlady a PM - they're up your way. See who they use for servicing.

Otherwise, I think VTECDirect are in Cheshire (depending on which side of D'shire you live)...they do NSX work.

Other thought in the N-West are TDi North (Warrington, I think) - they've got a good rep with most other fast-Honda owners, not sure if they do much NSX work or not...

If you want to stick to main-dealers, then there's no official list anymore, and the trained techs could have moved anywhere, so best going somewhere either (a) you've already got a good relationship with; or (b) that work on other NSXs already.

Squirejo
27-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys. Yes the car has largely dealer history. '96 car, 3.0 targa manual with 35k miles.

Squirejo
01-05-2014, 09:43 PM
And Plans? Yes/ no / maybe ....PM's are fine, don't be shy. I had a Lotus Exige there once and was a bit pissed off. But that's a long time ago.

NSX 2000
02-05-2014, 11:20 AM
I would recommend Plans, they've had both my current and old NSX in for bits and bobs plus sorted out some very hard to get hold of Brembo brakes for a Jag my Dad has. Plus Graham (the owner) is a petrol head. I do know of a current owner who is having work done on his clutch, so will ask him how it's going.

Dragonlady
04-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Grantham Honda look after our car plus a few others including Charlie's, one of the last 12.
The guy you need is called Dave he is a NSX trained technician and treats your car as if it was his own with great care.
good luck

Cheers Ian

howellr
05-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Hello, For the last 3 years I have been to VTEC Direct to have mine serviced. I believe they have a few NSX customers and I have been very happy with the service I have received. They even have Wi-Fi so I can work while waiting. Rod

Squirejo
12-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys, will get myself organised shortly.