PDA

View Full Version : '93 silver coupe

goldtop
25-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Short story: have had this one for about 9 months but it's been in storage while I've been driving the green targa NSX. I've now swapped them around.

http://www.firstmail.com/misc/k2pic01.jpg

My Other Half is away for the Summer, so I get more time and need fewer excuses to do car stuff, and K2NSX will benefit. First things to change:

* remove the rear window tint (while desperately hoping it doesn't pull the heating elements off with it! Need to do some research on that...)

* change the wheels - these have been very nicely done in dark grey, but it's not really my thing. So back to the original alloys, it goes. I might even try to find some 15/16in wheels to go on, although they do date the NSX a bit.

* one of those see-through-mesh engine covers, if I can find one!

* the black interior with 117000m on it is not too shabby but needs a little TLC here and there. I bought red carpets in the group buy with an idea of also changing the seats to red alcantara, but I'll only do that if the replacement seats are lighter than the NSX originals

andystevo
25-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Let me know if you find a mesh engine cover, I fancy one as well.
I contacted Sudesh some time ago about the cover he supplied - from what I remember, he said he would need several potential orders before considering having another batch made.

AR
25-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Sudesh would be the man as as far as I know the NSX-R is discontinued, and TBH it was not that sturdy anyways!

NSXGB
25-04-2014, 09:13 PM
SOS sell a mesh cover that is cosmetically the same as the Type R cover but not particularly cheap once landed in the UK.

Alf Tupper
26-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned - Performance Car magazine ran a silver coupe, registration K2 NSX as part of their long term fleet back in 1993/4.

nobby
26-04-2014, 03:47 PM
If there is 2 or more of you genuinely interested Sudesh may be able to get these made. Definitely email him and he will tell you how it is.

goldtop
26-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks, chaps. Will PM Sudesh to see what the situation is on some new engine covers.

Alf - thanks for that info. I don't think I remember that magazine at all! I'll see what I can find. Would be nice to add to the history file.

Alf Tupper
27-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Car first appears in August 1993 issue with registration K458 SLP, on loan from Honda UK with 200 miles on the clock. Article is about driving to Zolder to see the NSX racecars in the ADAC European GT Cup series.

Later on, in the same issue under the long term fleet section, the registration has been changed to K2 NSX, by which time the mileage is 3500 miles.

The April 1994 issue has a long feature called "Around the world in 18 hours" in which locations in the UK with international namesakes are visited.

The end of term report is the August 1994 issue by which time the mileage is 17997. This makes interesting reading regarding a mysterious rear end squirm, appetite for rear tyres and correct tracking......

There may be appearances in other issues inbetween August 93 and August 94 though.

goldtop
27-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi Alf - that's very interesting, especially the rear end thing. This car had a LOT (eye-watering) amounts spent on the rear end by two of the previous owners who were unhappy with the handling. It went to Honda twice (I think) for analysis and wasn't properly fixed until the second guy spent >£9000 on it!

I'll see if I can get some of these magazines from Ebay.

I had a good run to blow the cobwebs out of the car today (to the rather wonderful DBR1/2 replica makers at http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/). All was well (except for trying to work out the immobiliser operation). One thing: I keep hitting the left-footrest when using for the clutch, and oddly, this never happened with my green targa.

thelimpingwhippet
27-04-2014, 04:51 PM
My uncle used to race DBR2 and supposedly competed at Oulton Park and Silverstone on the same day without the use of a transporter. I never got the chance to drive in it (as I was only seven!) but I suspect the NSX would just have the edge.
Bob
1995 Targa

goldtop
27-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Those were the days, when men were men. Not sure I have enough "Driving God" DNA for that. :D

DBR1/2 are sooo basic inside and the one they took out certainly got a move on with the Jag straight six and Jenveys. A couple of customer cars were for sale at £80000 and £90000.