PDA

View Full Version : UK Specs and Pricing - EVO Magazine

Senninha
14-04-2014, 09:53 AM
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/289516/honda_nsx_2015_specs_prices_video_and_uk_launch_da te.html (http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/289516/honda_nsx_2015_specs_prices_video_and_uk_launch_da te.html)

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_1165/car_photo_582943_7.jpg

nobby
14-04-2014, 11:58 AM
nothing new and slightly pointless article imho. There is no foundation on price yet ... if its £100k it aint gonna be a bigger seller in Europe thats for sure. It should pitch itself price wise around the Nissan GTR to have some hope

Senninha
14-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I hope they will pitch it around the R8 (£93k starting price) and 911 4S (£89k) of which plenty get sold and I'm sure enought to satisfy the marketting boys'n'girls.

The real success will be based on it doing what it says on the tin ... if it delivers amazing torque delivery from the Hybrid system they really could have a game changer; Again!

AR
14-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Paul, I dont think they will price it that low. Honda seems to be still wanting to recoup money lost on the NSX. Adding insult to injury would be them discounting it like they did with the original!!!

havoc
14-04-2014, 08:11 PM
GTR's are up at close to £80k now before options, which is effectively the same ball-park as the C4S and R8 V8.

The big question is whether the hybrid tech on the NSX is enough to justify the premium over the above 3 cars...if combined power is still "around 400bhp" then I think you're right...the market won't wash a big premium over 3 very established players, regardless of how good the new-NSX actually IS.
(I'd bet on more like 450-500 from combined powerplant - 3.5 (3.7?) V6 has got to be good for c.400 alone, esp. when you consider the electric motors will improve any emissions issues AND it's blown not n/a)

That said, if Honda can bring it to market LIGHTER than the others, i.e. with better bhp/tonne than the Germans, AND with the kudos/benefits of proper hybrid tech (a-la P1), then they probably can charge £100k+, even with the Honda badge. Especially as they've already said it will be limited production so investors (sorry, I mean buyers) won't be afraid of rampant depreciation...

AR
14-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Only one quote fits:

"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different.'"

Sir John Templeton, legendary investor and philanthropist.

hazman
16-04-2014, 08:49 PM
My source is still adamant they're going for 600 BHP from the V6, in conjunction with Cosworth.
Who ever thought the new NSX would be built in the States?
Why are Cosworth building a new factory to 'build power plants with global partners' ?
Honda are famous for using a very high specific output engines; S800,S2000,NSX. OK these powerplants were designed in-house, but the engineers would be retired by now. The current lot have been designing Jizz's for the last 15 years.
Why build a new NSX which is just 'meh' ,relatively speaking, to the competition? It has to stand out.
Here's hoping anyway.

havoc
16-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Stop teasing! ;)

NSX 2000
17-04-2014, 02:04 PM
I wonder if any of the new stuff on this Acura will appear on the new NSX?

http://world.honda.com/news/2014/c140416Acura-TLX-New-York/index.html?from=r

AR
17-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of things that ruffle the shorts of an engineer.

goldtop
21-04-2014, 06:50 PM
A friend tried my car this weekend and it revealed one significant thing about the new NSX: as it's being built in the USA, taller/bigger guys will almost certainly be able to fit in it without trouble. Unlike the old NSX.

NSX 2000
09-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Taken from What Car web site, October 7 2014

The new Honda NSX will go on sale early in 2016 and will be aimed at the Ferrari 458 Italia in terms of performance, according to Ted Klaus, the NSX's head of development. 'We have to achieve the type of acceleration that the customer is achieving with the Ferrari,' said Klaus. 'More importantly we have to achieve this every day and also at the Nurburgring.' However, he said that the intention is to keep Honda's new petrol-electric hybrid supercar more affordable than the 458. 'I think we are aiming within the range of the Audi R8,' he said. 'I realise that is a wide range but the NSX will still be extremely accessible.' Klaus also said that Honda aims to match the sales figure of the Audi R8, rather than those of the much more popular Porsche 911. 'We will not seek to meet demand – there is value in making the product rare,' he said. However, while there might not be loads of NSXs sold, customers are eventually likely to have a choice of different bodystyles and power outputs. 'I think we would be foolish to develop NSX without open-top intentions down the road,' said Klaus. 'Should you do a convertible first, should you do a higher performance version first – these are challenges for us to consider.' He also said that Honda is planning to make the new NSX the cleanest and most efficient supercar in its class. 'The 911 is the most efficient performance car today and we will be well clear of that.' Honda has shown a racing version of the new NSX, which features a 2.0-litre petrol engine and a 'racing hybrid system'. The production version is due on sale in 2015, initially in North America, with Europe getting cars shortly afterwards. The production version is set to be revealed at the November 2015 Tokyo motor show, with sales following in the Uk from early 2016. To date, 80 customers have pre-ordered cars in the UK. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-honda-nsx-sale-2016/1211986#sthash.uyB4wKW3.dpuf

Dragonlady
09-10-2014, 08:10 PM
2016!!!! Not more delays. At this rate it will be a classic before it hits the road.

Pride
09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Don't despair as Honda has assured me it will be ready for the FOS moving motor show 2017 but don't want to risk ruining the only car they'll have on the hill climb.:)

Problem Child
10-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Taken from What Car web site, October 7 2014

The new Honda NSX will go on sale early in 2016 and will be aimed at the Ferrari 458 Italia in terms of performance, according to Ted Klaus, the NSX's head of development. 'We have to achieve the type of acceleration that the customer is achieving with the Ferrari,' said Klaus. 'More importantly we have to achieve this every day and also at the Nurburgring.' However, he said that the intention is to keep Honda's new petrol-electric hybrid supercar more affordable than the 458. 'I think we are aiming within the range of the Audi R8,' he said. 'I realise that is a wide range but the NSX will still be extremely accessible.' Klaus also said that Honda aims to match the sales figure of the Audi R8, rather than those of the much more popular Porsche 911. 'We will not seek to meet demand – there is value in making the product rare,' he said. However, while there might not be loads of NSXs sold, customers are eventually likely to have a choice of different bodystyles and power outputs. 'I think we would be foolish to develop NSX without open-top intentions down the road,' said Klaus. 'Should you do a convertible first, should you do a higher performance version first – these are challenges for us to consider.' He also said that Honda is planning to make the new NSX the cleanest and most efficient supercar in its class. 'The 911 is the most efficient performance car today and we will be well clear of that.' Honda has shown a racing version of the new NSX, which features a 2.0-litre petrol engine and a 'racing hybrid system'. The production version is due on sale in 2015, initially in North America, with Europe getting cars shortly afterwards. The production version is set to be revealed at the November 2015 Tokyo motor show, with sales following in the Uk from early 2016. To date, 80 customers have pre-ordered cars in the UK. - See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-honda-nsx-sale-2016/1211986#sthash.uyB4wKW3.dpuf

2016!!!!......Honda are making me look speedy!!!! They seem to be doing the same with the Civic Type R I cannot get a definitive date out of them

Pride
10-10-2014, 07:44 PM
To be honest I'm not at all surprised at the news that Honda will be launching the NSX in 2016.
Ever since announcing the arrival of a unique revolutionary hybrid supercar to the media some years ago they then draged their feet to finalise to market. Then in no time a plethora of marques manage to produce their models, which I wouldn't be at all surprised will leap frog the already ageing technology Acura intend to use.
The way the market is so fast moving in this technology why is it that Honda appears so slow to respond and produce the goods.
Very frustrating.

soddy
10-10-2014, 09:12 PM
i agree it's disappointing it's not until january 2016 in the UK, but in the USA it'll be out in mid 2015, so hopefully as the cars go out any bugs will get addressed in time for the UK cars and they'll be more reliable etc. not much can be done anyway and alot of projects go over timescales.

havoc
11-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Given they're benchmarking a car that's already 4 years old (even if said car is still arguably the market benchmark), and it's still a year from launch, they'd BETTER make sure it's right! Because you can bet that Ferrari will have a 458 replacement out c.2017, Audi's next-gen R8 will be out by then, an R36 GTR will probably be on the horizon and Toyota may well have got their new Supra to market also...

soddy
11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Given they're benchmarking a car that's already 4 years old (even if said car is still arguably the market benchmark), and it's still a year from launch, they'd BETTER make sure it's right! Because you can bet that Ferrari will have a 458 replacement out c.2017, Audi's next-gen R8 will be out by then, an R36 GTR will probably be on the horizon and Toyota may well have got their new Supra to market also...

people will always go for the name. it'll really be the nsx enthusiasts who will be buying this car. as its a honda they should build a good car.
heck even the new mazda rx7 might be out by then too lol.

Pride
11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I still believe this new model could well become a supercar white elephant, think about it, "old" hybrid technology, several delayed promised launch dates, major questionable safety and reliability issues and to cap it all its made in the states.
Sorry Uncle Sam but in my humble opinion you ain't no Japanese precision controlled work force. I'm sure I will get some stick from prime over that but that's how I feel.
Now don't get me wrong I am a great honda fan having owned three models in the past including a Civic type R and my beloved NA1 for the last 16 faultless years, but let's be honest we should start to doubt the credibility of this one I think.

TheSebringOne
11-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I think people should let Honda have the benefit of doubt & judge it when the final car arrives?

NZNick
11-10-2014, 08:17 PM
^ Well said that man.

If the NSX 2 is 75% of a P1 for 10% of the cost, then where is the problem?

Senninha
11-10-2014, 09:32 PM
^ Well said that man.

wouldnt that be nice ...

goldtop
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
I think people should let Honda have the benefit of doubt & judge it when the final car arrives?

Indeed.

And to be honest, I'm actually only interested in how the new NSX compares to our old and beloved (but decidedly 1980s tech) NSXs. If it's 10s slower than a 458 around the ring, I really won't care.

Adamantium
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM
^ Well said that man.

I'm hoping it's more 918 than P1.