PDA

View Full Version : This weekends GRRC 72nd members meeting . You must read this.

Pride
26-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm very proud to say that I have just been invited today by the secretary of the GRRC to exhibit my beloved NA1 on Sunday amongst 19 other supercars at this weekends prestigious meeting where the people in attendance will be able to vote for their favourite supercar model on display so if you do come along please don't forget to place your vote for you know who.

Tickets for this event were originally only going to be available to GRRC members only and their guests but it was recently decided that the tickets would be made available to the general public so come along but don't forget to wear a tie or cravat as it's part of the dress code for the weekend.

Its thought that this first event will be as big and as famous in years to come as the FOS so I'm sure it will be a fantastic event.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/downloads/members-meeting/72-family-pdf---26m14.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Goodwood+Estate+Company+Ltd&utm_campaign=3881382_(2)+72nd+Members%27+Meeting+E ssential+Tips+-+GRRC+TB+-+25%2f03%2f14&utm_content=GUIDE&dm_i=1QLU,2B6W6,ANSFMB,8DN00,1

http://fortyonesix.com/news/1865/gallery-legends-on-track-as-mem?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Goodwood+Estate+Company+Ltd&utm_campaign=3820898_FortyOneSix+14%2f03%2f2014&utm_content=MMTEST&dm_i=1QLU,29W82,EA8N6C,88SQ4,1

Hope to see you there.

kingsley
27-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi Pride.........We are also attending72nd Members Meeting so hopfully will see you and your car on Sunday

Kingsley

britlude
27-03-2014, 12:53 PM
that'll be 3 of us then! I'll tell you my saga when i get to a proper keyboard!

kingsley
27-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi Jonathan.............Looking forward to seeing you and hearing about your Saga..... I see you are down for the Pancake run as well.

Kingsley

britlude
27-03-2014, 05:17 PM
being on the GRRC waiting list, i was given the opportunity to buy tickets (probably just after the members had had their chance!) so bought 2, and applied for my car to be considered for the chicane paddock (tesco's carpark if you've been to the revival!) well, it'll save a walk and be on hard standing! sent and email along the lines of

blah blah....would like to put my Hotrod forward for the Chicane Paddock parking area at the 72nd members meeting. Hopefully i could earn some house points!

I would suggest my Honda NSX but it might just be a little too subtle, rather than bright and smile inducing!

the criteria of the chicane paddock was described as

Everyone coming to the Members’ Meeting can apply now to have their car included, as long as it’s either more than 30 years old, or fabulously rare or interesting.
The Chicane Paddock will remain open throughout the event so visitors are free to wander and vote for the cars they believe are the most evocative and characterful. Being beautiful and fast may be a head start…but then so will an ability to evoke the happiest of motoring memories.

so i thought, as much as the NSX is nice, this is far more interesting.....
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/hot%20rod%20stuff/my%20ford%20Y/2014-03-09-4502b.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/hot%20rod%20stuff/my%20ford%20Y/2014-03-09-4502b.jpg.html)

fast forward a couple of weeks and i get a GRRC email congratulating me on my car being selected! hurrah!

another 2 weeks and my car pass pack arrives, hurrah, your Honda NSX has been selected.... hmmm not quite what i expected! it's late thursday afternoon by now, just over a week to go, so a quick phonecall to GRRC chicane paddock supremos.... just to confirm they want the NSX as it's outside the 30yrs, and that the hotrod was actually put forward.... the lovely lady says she wants to confirm something with the head honcho, but he's out of the office, they'll ring me back friday....

friday passes without a call, so think hey-ho i'll take the NSX, then i find an email later that evening sent at 16.07

Apologies for the confusion regarding your cars – we would love to include your Hot Rod in the display. Will you be bringing both cars or just the one?

take 2 cars??? Sarah offers to drive the NSX with the proviso that she doesn't really want to! so I bounce an email back to Annabel, saying i'd prefer to take the hotrod, the NSX has been to the circuit before, and the Hotrod needs its moment of glory!

so that's sorted, i'm taking the Hotrod, they are expecting it, alls good, just got to clean it now!

then saturday morning a letter from GRRC, another car pass...!

weathers looking good, i'm taking the Hotrod!

Senninha
27-03-2014, 06:39 PM
another colourful chapter in the life of Jonathan .... based on the number of times your posts make me smile, laugh and sometimes shake my head in disbelief, you should write a book!