PDA

View Full Version : Pride Exhaust

Pride
22-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Once you've heard the Pride V2 quad exhaust note everything else will just sound ok.

http://youtu.be/3uArRUHEz8M

Tokyo-Joe
22-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I have got to agree with the above ^^, my pride v2 through test pipes sounds like a JGTC racer. I *love* it..

That said I don't love being thrown off race tracks because of the volume!

Pride
22-03-2014, 09:02 PM
All I can say is why own one of the best looking, best handling supercars ever made and then go and compromise on the way it should sound after all you only buy an upgrade exhaust once.

Nytram
23-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I received my Pride V2 quad recently just haven't had time to fit it yet, really looking forward to hearing it.

goldtop
23-03-2014, 01:36 PM
It certainly seems to demand attention, although there seems to be a lot of 'rasp' for me. :)

I'm still waiting to hear the Taitec GT350 (from the Japanese video) in person. Some talk of it being like the GT009, but I don't know.

Pride
23-03-2014, 05:10 PM
I received my Pride V2 quad recently just haven't had time to fit it yet, really looking forward to hearing it.

Hi Nytram.
You're probably like me, as soon as it arrived I couldn't believe the quality of finish and I ended up hanging it up on the wall in my house for over a month as it looked like a musical instrument more than an exhaust although much to my wife's dismay. :angry:;)

And then eventually when I did get round to fitting it, WOW! what a sound, you won't be disappointed mate.

AR
24-03-2014, 12:32 PM
It certainly seems to demand attention, although there seems to be a lot of 'rasp' for me. :)

I'm still waiting to hear the Taitec GT350 (from the Japanese video) in person. Some talk of it being like the GT009, but I don't know.

Mate with all due respect, a normal stock NSX engine is never going to sound like a 3.5 liter racing engine ( gt 350 ) no matter what exhaust you put on it.

I had a very similar exhaust as the Super Taitec GT 009 and they are LOUD, make that inpossibly loud. I just kept it to annoy Ferrari owners during tunnel runs, but you it would be impossible to live with.

goldtop
24-03-2014, 12:43 PM
So that particular NSX has a 3.5l racing engine? News to me! It's not spelt out in the video (unless it's in the Japanese text somewhere).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PrXFF9TGOg

The volume is clear from the dB figures. :)

AR
24-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I think 3.5L prototype tittle and the sound, kind of gives it away.:)

Papalazarou
24-03-2014, 02:51 PM
The problem with exhaust systems for the NSX is they normally fall into two camps; great sound, but too loud and/or drony at cruising speeds (2-3000 rpm).
Or, non droning but little improvement in sound over standard. Some may even sound worse.
From the many that I have heard the tubi is probably the best compromise; not too loud but great noise. However, it can drone at cruising speed. Although, I've had three of these and they all sounded slightly different. Degrees of carbon I imagine.
Personally, I'm currently enjoying the standard system. It allows me to think, doesn't drone, isn't riced-up and affords me the benefit of the excellent induction noise.

Cheers.

AR
24-03-2014, 03:24 PM
James sounds in general are so subjective, hence the reason there are upteen NSX exhausts.

goldtop
24-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I think 3.5L prototype tittle and the sound, kind of gives it away.:)

Well, you say that as if it's ... er ... well ... um ... obvious. (In my defence, I've got to get new specs anyway!)

Explains why the other NSXs in the clip sounded so uninteresting in comparison. Would this be a 3.5l stroker engine or a J35 transplant, I wonder...

AR
24-03-2014, 04:53 PM
AFAIK 3.5L stroker similar to Toda and SOS.

Senninha
24-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Personally, I'm currently enjoying the standard system. It allows me to think, doesn't drone, isn't riced-up and affords me the benefit of the excellent induction noise. Cheers.

You're getting old James ;0)

havoc
24-03-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm with James - induction noise is better than exhaust noise, so why drown it out?!?

AR
24-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm with James - induction noise is better than exhaust noise, so why drown it out?!?

A well designed exhaust can still allow the induction noise in and keep the drone out.

Nytram
25-03-2014, 07:08 AM
A well designed exhaust can still allow the induction noise in and keep the drone out.

Fingers crossed the I've got a well designed one then, I do like the induction noise.

AR
25-03-2014, 07:23 AM
The spaghetti exhausts genealogical three is very complicated. They were first popularized by GT-rom. Taitec was afterwards selling a similar product. Then Bel Canto and now Pride AFAIK is the latest one of the same design, not sure of the same factory as they claim US facilities.the gt extreme was sort of a similar principle, but at least they had their own design.