PDA

View Full Version : Admiration from the Dark Side!

Minch
03-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Check out the link. An old friend of mine is really into his Supra and found out that I'd finally bought an NSX. I was expecting a lot of power hungry fans to start having a pop but was quite surprised with there comments . . .

I didn't think they would appreciate the concept of the NSX as much as I do.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=63810

Cheers
Nathan

Paul G
03-04-2006, 11:14 PM
comments not too bad at all!

Video's well worth watching :lol: just had to turn the sound down as the good lady wasn't too impressed this time of night :wink:

simonprelude
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Not bad comments, like the way they compare the better supra times with the worst NSX auto times :)

So you going to Bolney and Ace Cafe, which incidentally is tonight ??

I'll be taking my non Red NSX there, should arrive about 7pm I think.

Minch
04-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Simon,

Might go to Ace Cafe but depends on work (lots of evening work in my trade!). I haven't been there in a while. I've been a couple of times before with my old Kawasaki Ninja. My friends Supra is currently away for about another 3 weeks being tuned so I think he is angling for a ride!

trackdemon
04-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes, good to see Gazboy 'fessing up to his car being dusted by my NSX at VMAX more than once 8) People who ride with me always seem to be surprised @ just how quick it is for 276bhp.....

Minch
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm really looking forward to putting faces to names now. I didn't realize that some the NSX members also mixed with the other forums i.e. Supras. Could get very interesting!

Papalazarou
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Do you ever go on UJCC or Tatsu?

James.

ctrlaltdelboy
05-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I've cast some bait over there and it looks like I have a biter already!!

woo-hoo!! - I'm off to start reeling him in ;)

Minch
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Ooooo . . . handbags at dawn from the Supra camp! Think there is on;y one way to prove it don't you?

Mr_Spanners
05-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I think I'll avoid going on the Supra forum and upsetting them (Darren seems to be doing such a good job on his own!)

I've actually driven the Mk IV (UK) 326bhp Twin Turbo model and it was a big clumsy whale (not too dissimilar to the one that got stuck in the Thames recently!). The acceleration was potent and felt similar to the NSX but the way it delivered the horses was awful as the car lunged once the turbos kicked in giving a feeling which was as brutal as it was unstable. As for the cornering and handling - forget it - it couldn't even hold a neat line on a roundabout at moderate speed without feeling unsettled and nervous... I remember thinking "I never can remember which side is starboard!"

Both cars are VERY competant at what they do but IMHO the Supra lacks a 'sense of occasion' when driven and the handling (whilst entertaining) really isn't up to much. A powerful cruising GT car it most certainly is - A precisely crafted driving machine it isn't!

Perhaps we have an analyst on here that can explain what the fascination with BHP figures is for certain males??? (or is it THAT obvious??) :shock:

~Phil.

Minch
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I know where you're coming from. One of my other friends also had a very moded Supra and let me take it out for a blast and used the words "make sure you give it some stick", I didn't have to be told twice! The steering felt very vague which didn't give confidence. Don't get me wrong, the only reason I didn't get a Supra is because my friend had one otherwise I would have bought one at some stage. Horses for courses!

Speaking of my friend Mark who's Supra I gave some stick to, I also returned the favour and took him out in my measily 135bhp Elise (the lightweight 135R). Now neither of us are small guys, Mark weighed in at the time at about 18 stone while I'm 14 stone. He obviously wasn't impressed with the speed of the thing but was absolutely gob smacked when we went round corners we should have died on! Took him out in the NSX the other day and he was equally impressed with the whole concept of the car. Another happy customer!

ctrlaltdelboy
05-04-2006, 07:37 PM
the baiting continues... :D

(bad troll, get back under your bridge!)

:lol:

Minch
05-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Excellent video! Hmmm . . . might have to go for the harsh NSX-R suspension set-up afterall.

Martin
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Darren

I think you are going to have to teach those deluded fools over on the Supra camp a lesson, and I want to see the video of it posted on this site!

Martin

imvarma
07-04-2006, 06:27 AM
lol, these threads always make the best read :lol:
Go NSX

Rob_Fenn
08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Suprised that they were that mature about it. I do like Supras :)