PDA

View Full Version : Engine removal

markevo6
29-01-2014, 12:03 AM
I am in need of some advice .

My engine needs to be removed and re - installed , what is the recommended time / cost for doing this .

Many thanks in advance for any information you may have

Mark

Senninha
29-01-2014, 09:06 AM
depends how long you need access to the engine bay ... a main dealer such as Norton Way Letchford (nearest NSX Dealer to you) or PLans Motorsport at Dunsford can quote you, but if its not an out and back in job you are likely to pay extra for time on the lift ...

havoc
29-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I got quoted (and paid) 10hrs by my dealer for the partial engine-refresh they did for me - TB, water pump (+ new cover), aux belts, oil seals x lots, LMAs, plugs, valve clearances plus normal service items. Apparently it took thick end of 3 days / >15hrs chargeable time.

I believe from memory that the engine-out / engine-in time is something like 4 hours on its own, before any work is done.

Kaz-kzukNA1
07-02-2014, 12:24 PM
If one follows the Honda labour charge system, it will be 9.9Hr.
I’m not 100% sure of the following but I think it is timed from the point removing the wheel.

It is based on the procedure in the workshop manual and carried out by the person with about 3 years experience of servicing Honda cars.

However, this figure is very likely to be calculated at the desk based on the parts diagram, experience of test assembly at the very beginning of the production, writing the procedure for the workshop manual, etc and not actually timed by carrying out the exact procedure in the manual.

I have never timed the entire procedures from the point removing the wheel, take eng/gbox/sub-frame as a complete set, separate the eng from gbox and then immediately put it back on the gbox again and reverse the whole procedures, fill coolant, bleed brake, etc so I can only speculate but in real world, I would say it will be at least around 15 – 20Hrs for the process and this is assuming that there was no corrosion at any of the bolts and nuts.

Kaz