PDA

View Full Version : Donington Historic 3/4/5th May 2014

Nytram
26-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I have taken the liberty of registering the club for this event again, hope we can get a good turn out as last year.

WHAT’S THE FESTIVAL CAR CLUB PACKAGE?

A two-for-one advance ticket deal
Exclusive, free car club parking in the infield
No charge for display space
Invitation to take part in the track parades
Link to your website from ours

A two-for-one advance ticket deal This two-for-one deal for members of clubs that are registered with us applies to all ticket types. The tickets must be booked in advance, and the deadline for car club discount tickets is 5pm on Wednesday, April 23rd.
Advance tickets for the 2014 Donington Historic Festival cost £20 each for Saturday, Sunday or Monday single day tickets, £32 for Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day advance tickets and £45 for a Saturday, Sunday + Monday 3-day weekend ticket. But members of car clubs registered with us get two advance tickets for the price of one!
This is a very significant saving on the on-the-gate price of £25 per ticket for Saturday, Sunday or Monday, £40 for Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day tickets or £60 for the 3-day weekend ticket. Children aged 13 and under are admitted for free when accompanied by an adult.
And your members only pay one (modest) postage fee per booking, irrespective of how many tickets they buy.
Exclusive, free car club parking in the infield For each pair of tickets bought through the car club offer, your members can request (at time of booking) up to two car passes giving access to the exclusive car club infield display parking area. Please note, only cars which are club-appropriate are allowed into the infield.
No charge for display space We do not charge a fee for clubs to register for the Festival club offer or for space in the infield. The infield car club display area is a great attraction for Festival visitors, and we encourage clubs to set up marquees, display stands etc., to really make it a spectacle – in 2013, for example, the TR Register and Porsche Club GB both put on a great show. But don’t worry if you’re from a small club, and don’t come complete with marquees etc., as you’ll still be made very welcome! Each club is given its own dedicated, sign-posted parking area, and we work with you to give you the space you need.
Invitation to take part in the track parades On each day of the Festival, a limited number of cars from car clubs that have registered with us will be invited to go out on the track and take a turn round the circuit. At the 2013 Festival this was the highlight of the weekend for those that took part, and we look forward to seeing huge smiles on the faces of club members again in 2014. Each registered club must allocate a representative who will be at the Festival and who will be responsible for deciding which of their members goes out on track.
Link to your website from ours The Festival website receives a lot of traffic from car enthusiasts, and when we list your club as one that has registered with us, we’ll link that listing to your club website. It could help you pick up some new members!

sorepaws
26-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Away on holiday for this event this year :-( . Is it on Saturday to Monday this time?

Nytram
27-01-2014, 07:14 AM
Away on holiday for this event this year :-( . Is it on Saturday to Monday this time?

Yes Saturday to Monday which is the bank holiday

Nytram
15-02-2014, 11:40 AM
So to book your tickets our Club code is NSXCBDHF14, with a deadline of Wednesday,April 23rd

Same as before 2 for 1 with a car pass, tickets also allow a two for one entry to the Grand Prix Collection at Donington.

Book on the website www.doningtonhistoric.com (Advanced ticket sales) or ticket hotline number is 0844 873 7355.

Nytram
15-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Who's going?

Nytram (Martyn & Julie) 3 days

havoc
15-02-2014, 08:58 PM
It's less than an hour away so I really should, but I've signed up to the Euro tour two weeks later...suspect I may not be popular at home if I do this too...

Nytram
17-03-2014, 08:27 AM
John Surtees OBE, the only man ever to have won World Championships on two and four wheels, is to be the Guest of Honour at this year’s Donington Historic Festival (http://www.doningtonhistoric.com) (May 3rd, 4th, 5th 2014). The motorsport legend will be at Donington Park on the Sunday and Monday of the event to celebrate the 50th anniversary of his famous F1 World Championship win in 1964 driving for Ferrari. John will be holding autograph sessions for spectators, giving them the chance to meet the holder of a motorsport record that has never been equalled.

John Surtees steered his way into the record books by winning seven World Championships on 350cc and 500cc motorcycles with MV Agusta between 1956 and 1960 and then moving on to four wheels, taking the Formula One World Championship with Ferrari in 1964. He also drove for the BRM, Cooper, Honda and Lotus works teams and won the Nürburgring and Monza 1000km races with Ferrari and the 1966 CanAm Championship in the Lola T70 he helped develop. During a spectacular racing career which saw Surtees take victory in 290 of his 621 races, and a further 103 podium finishes, he also designed, built and raced his own Team Surtees single-seaters in F1, F2 and F5000.

The 2014 Donington Historic Festival will be raising funds for the Henry Surtees Foundation (www.henrysurteesfoundation.com (http://www.henrysurteesfoundation.com/)) which was inspired by John Surtees following the tragic death of his son Henry while competing in a Formula 2 race in 2009 when just 18 years old.

Nytram
12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Just a reminder the last time to get car club tickets is 5pm Wednesday 23rd April, some more important from DHF

Entry to and exit from the infield car club display area will be via a tunnel. Gates open at 7.30 each day, and cars must arrive by 11am and will be allowed to exit via the tunnel again after 3pm each day. In emergencies, movements in and out will be permitted, and we may also create a clubs’ car holding area in the outfield by the tunnel, with marshaled movements into the infield at fixed times after 11am and before 3pm – details of this will be confirmed before the event. We ask you to encourage your members to arrive before 11am – new Health & Safety rulings from the local council mean that movement into the infield between 11am and 3pm must be restricted.

Nytram
02-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Just been informed of the possible cars attending,
Sat 1
Sun 8
Mon 2 cars
Our pitch is in the same sort of area as last year ie close to the grandstand on the start/finish straight.
Remember Gates open at 7.30am and cars must arrive before 11.00am and will be allowed to exit via the tunnel from 3.00pm onwards.
We have been allocated just 1 car/day for the track parade ( same as last year driver and passenger must sign on and be given a car badge)
Sunday is going to be the busiest day so please try to park as compactly as possible as we will be tight for space.
Knowing my lot it will be 9 or 10 ish before we arrive.
Anyway thanks for your interest and enjoy the weekend.

Cheers Martyn.

kingsley
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Is there anyone with a spare infield pass for Sunday let me know please .

I ordered my tickets 6 weeks ago and receiced confirmation that they had been posted on Wednesday . They have not arrived. To really make my weekend... I have been informed that I need tickets in my hand to gain entry and because the tickets I have purchased are sold on a non-refundable and non transferable basis no refund is available . It appears it is my fault because I accepted the terms and conditions at the time of booking.

Kingsley

Nytram
04-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Ouch! Try calling Karen Coe the car club gaffer

07540 725821 ans maybe the tickets could be at the collection point near gate 21

Hope to see you there

Martyn.

Nytram
08-05-2014, 07:22 AM
12150Billy no mates

Nytram
08-05-2014, 07:52 AM
1215112152Billy found a couple of mates eventually,

kingsley
08-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Hi Martyn

Many thanks for organising .......we had a really good day and if the issue with the tickets had been resolved, you would have had two more NSX mates on the stand rather than in the camping site. I have recieved the tickets now..... posted on the Wednesday arrived yesterday taking one week to arrive ....My lesson learnt .....recorded delivery from now on.

Thanks again will be there next year....

Kingsley

Nytram
09-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks Kingsley, i understand that the infield redevelopment work should be completed in 2015 so fingers crossed we can get a better pitch.
Nice 'T' Shirt by the way!