PDA

View Full Version : NSX light ding at the Ring

QuietJim
17-01-2014, 08:26 PM
At about 2m20 in this video, a red NSX spins out on the Nordschleife. Looks like the exit of Kallenhard.

NSX Ring ding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFzYEih72g)

TheSebringOne
17-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Its quite frightening seeing all those people misjudging that corner.

The green hell & a wet track is not idea for any car, let alone an NSX.

I've never seen so many E46 M3s coming to an abrupt end.

goldtop
17-01-2014, 11:43 PM
I saw that linked on another site a few days ago. Guessing he had TCS switched off?

Same video, I think, shows a black 16V 190E at the same corner get the exact same problem, but he manages to catch it properly.

Senninha
18-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Its quite frightening seeing all those people misjudging that corner.

I've never seen so many E46 M3s coming to an abrupt end.

At thosd speeds Its not a failure of thr car, NSX and M3's included, but the missing skills of the drivers .... and in my opinion having driven the Ring a few times, if you treat it with the respect youoffer to any challenging a or b road, then the 'danger' is controlled.

The main takeaway from that video clip was how much money the Ring owners would be making from armco damage!

NoelWatson
18-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Agreed. I took my old R26.R for a final lap one evening after it had been raining - all the locals went home. Was entertaining with the 888s!

Problem Child
18-01-2014, 12:56 PM
At about 2m20 in this video, a red NSX spins out on the Nordschleife. Looks like the exit of Kallenhard.

NSX Ring ding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFzYEih72g)

Vid has been taken down...driver probably ashamed!

NoelWatson
18-01-2014, 01:57 PM

I assumed it was this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyE-1Y1EA0

TheSebringOne
18-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Paul, I could not agree more about some drivers not showing the track enough respect
& their driving skills are not quite up there.

nobby
18-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Sounds (engine) like the driver just put the power down a bit too much on exit and she has broken traction ... to be fair I think the driver has been unlucky

but the NSX does let go ... been there done that when on track

fortunately the time i spent at the ring in my NSX the sun was splitting the trees and it was hot; but go there with some illusion that you are a track demon you will pay.
had one hairy moment but everything was OK in the end. not so sure if i would go on if wet ...

toying with the idea of heading back this year either via the NSX Euro meet or heading over with friends

What sort of damage would be done to the NSX with an impact like this ... she seems to have stood up quite well ... would assume damage on plastics but would there be any concerns behind the scenes?

its looks as if no damage to the alcove either ... could be very lucky ...

Senninha
18-01-2014, 04:02 PM

I think the owner is one of this Summers Euro tour ...

QuietJim
18-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I assumed it was this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyE-1Y1EA0
Yep, that's the one. The original vid was a compilation in which that clip featured.

UnhuZ
19-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi,

after he pressed the throttle, the car loses traction and the rear slides, then he let off the gaz pedal, so the car continued with the slide by inertia.

He should have mantained the gas pressed as it was and corrected the steering.

Having the TCS on, the spin would happen also, because the TCS cuts the engine, which have the same effect as getting your foot off the throttle.

I ALWAYS have my TCS off... i prefer to control it myself than having the engine cut off in the middle of an hassle.

Nuno

NoelWatson
19-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Having the TCS on, the spin would happen also, because the TCS cuts the engine, which have the same effect as getting your foot off the throttle.

I ALWAYS have my TCS off... i prefer to control it myself than having the engine cut off in the middle of an hassle.

Nuno

The TCS on my 04 seems a lot more sophisticated than merely cutting the throttle completely.

UnhuZ
19-01-2014, 04:24 PM
^ then Honda changed it, probably with the drive-by-wire. On mine (a 3.0 coupe), it just kills the engine...

in the first times it happened, it was a handfull to keep the car straight, then i opted to always haveit off... no more nasty surprises since...

Nuno