PDA

View Full Version : 2004 May Social Meeting at Castle Coombe

Kevin
08-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Legend has it, that in the UK, the most NSXs ever assembled in one place was at Maclarens in Woking in 1991 when the very first batch of UK owners were invited to come and collect their new cars. This record stood for 14 years until yesterday when it was OBLITERATED by an impressive line up of 22 NSXs at Castle Come Circuit (plus a few S2000s and a Morgan). I think we had every colour except Imola orange. The new white one really stood out - I thought at first we had got an NSX-R, but this was not to be. As we heard from Simon of Honda UK, the Type R will probably not be officially sold in the UK owing to the various costs involved.

I shall never forget having to constantly shift the "NSX club" parking cones further and further down the paddock as more and more of you arrived.

Congratulations to all who who braved the weather and came so far. I must mention Lee and Joby who travelled 350 miles from Hartlepool, but at least they took the very sensible option of making a weekend of it, whereas Norwich based Mark and Vicky Forest drove the 250 miles from Lotusland to Castle Combe and back on the day, and were still up for the 80 mile "blast"
through the spray and scattered farmyard manure of the Barwick challenge route. Thirteen NSXs found their way to the Cross Hands Hotel at Old Sodbury. I do apologise, I should have explained that the "Avebury Circles"
are stone obelisks not route instructions! Simon the catering manager got his NSX ride, although he didn't say too much as we splashed round the curves of the deserted B4040 at "demo" speed.

The one negative note of the day was Lee and John's engine failure on leaving the Cross Hands - one NSX travelling home to Brighton on a trailer - please let us know the final diagnosis.

Many thanks to the management and staff at Castle Combe who were unfailingly cheerful, friendly and helpful in every possible way. We have been invited back to take a club stand at their "Classic & Sports Car" action day on September 11th, track laps included, anyone up for this?

Next will be a mini meet at Le Mans champagne tent, trips to Magny Cours and Spa Francorchamps for the European NSX Racing, and last but not least the the 2004 NSXCB track day.

Andrew Barwick

(Anyone is now free to add photos and their own comments/stories - Ed)