PDA

View Full Version : Honda Warranty

NSX 2000
30-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I have purchased a Honda 24 Months Extended Warranty for £1095.01 including Hondacare Assistance.
My car is exactly 6 years old so will cover me untill she is 8.
I've just had her serviced and there was nothing wrong, so I could cancel the warranty under the 30 day rule.
What do you lot think :?: Should I keep it, I will do no more than 9,000 miles in any one year.
Any help much appreciated, thanks :wink:

Senninha
30-03-2006, 07:55 PM
What price for peace of mind? What mileage has your NSX?

If you were talking of an older example I would be inclined to hold onto the warranty.

I would guess that you've purchased your NSX with full Honda history and add to that the all clear from the recent service I would be looking at what else I could spend £1000 on for the NSX :wink:

Hope this helps and enjoy yoru NSX

regards

ctrlaltdelboy
30-03-2006, 08:27 PM
of course, you never can tell what is around the corner - hence the market and demonstrable need for insurance products such as this and the peace of mind they provide.

only you can decide whether the price of that peace of mind is worth every penny or not worth the premium.

you may well decide that £1k is better spent elsewhere given the (valid) perception of minimal risk, but how would you feel if a high ticket repair came up that would have been covered by the warranty?

likewise you could pay the premuim and have no claim by the end of the period and then wonder why you wasted the money on it.

just go the way that is right for you.

(I know this doesn't give you any steer in either direction, but I hope it's useful anyway D) )

NSX 2000
30-03-2006, 08:49 PM
I have an old 205 cti which I know if anything goes wrong will never cost more than a few hundred pounds :? . But on an NSX who knows? However there are know horror storys about NSX's. So as long I look after it why should anything go wrong :? ? After all it is a Honda :)

She has only done 18,500 miles to date.

simonprelude
30-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I have the warranty, it does give peace of mind.

Car is 9 years old, 53000 miles.

Condensation in rear light cluster, £600 for a new one, or replaced FOC on Honda warranty.

Just need to check now if the aerial is bodywork or electrical as that is suffering from the standard problem of not extending all the way.

I would imagine that would be £300 - £400 to replace.

NSXGB
30-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Keep the warranty, if you do decide to sell at some point before it expires it's a good selling point.