PDA

View Full Version : Membership recognition

Senninha
29-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Help please.

I'm in the process of arranging insurance and have been offered a very competitive quote on a cherished policy with agreed value/limited mileage.

My broker is also able to offer a further 15% discount if I can demonstrate my NSXCB membership. Anyone any ideas on how I can do this please as it could save me £100 which is a lot of Optimax?

Regards and Thanx in advance

simonprelude
29-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Simple, point him to your profile on here !!

DTA-Motorsport
29-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I think that if you contact Kevin (admin) he will be able to give you a "membership number". As this site is run through a phpBB application, everyone who registers as a member is automatically assigned a number.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for admin to post up a list of members and their corresponding "membership" numbers. This is what is done over on the 300ZX forum and seems to work well. This forum has far fewer members so it shouldn't be a major issue to sort

Failing that do what Simon suggested - point the broker to your online profile.

Dan

simonprelude
29-03-2006, 12:42 PM
It's here :)

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_members.gifMemberlist (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/memberlist.php)

AnArtist
29-03-2006, 12:44 PM
" My broker is also able to offer a further 15% discount if I can demonstrate my NSXCB membership "
Is this a discount for all car clubs or just a one off thingy?

Senninha
29-03-2006, 01:48 PM
They offered me the standard NCB discounts initially and then enquired about car club membership, at which point I was offered the extra 15% discount :D

I mentioned the website so the suggestion to direct at my profile here may be acceptable, will have to check.

I'll ask Kevin about the membership number. I'm guessing that this may benefit others as well if the offered this type of discount.

regards

forumadmin
29-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm not what to suggest at the moment, apart from what has been already stated.

If it helps the insurance co and contact me if they want verification of membership.

I guess its down to the company as to what qualifies for a club and what there rules are about discounts.

I always find it worth it to say you are a member of the NSXCB when buying stuff. It's worthwhile sometimes and doesn't hurt.