PDA

View Full Version : power run after sensible mods

rtbm
28-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi all....just finished some mods to my "91" nsx....so I deciced to put it on the rollers at CPL...in sheerness, Kent....mods as follows...headers and zorst form "haywards and scott"....pro carbon air box etc from dali....and dail chip...i have done the suspension, anti roles, wheels and brakes etc but not relevent on power side of things...shell optimax used and the figures were.....drum roll plz......290hp and 217 lbs/ft...!!! peak hp at 7250 and peak torq at 4400 ish.

Be intersted on what you all think...CPL are doing lots with ep3's at the moment and I think the rollers are about as good as anywhere....is this figure the norm for thses mods?

One thing I did do was try oem chip first....to be fair there was only a mild change when Dali chip was fitted and "guy" said there would be little to gain using AEM ecu as the fuel correction was near as dam it right...he was'nt sure as to being able to add timing advance as he had not been involed with nsx before, one thing dail chip has got is a little more revs which is nice when you need to hold that all important gear!!! i have power graph but no scanner, if I can I will post it on here at a later date.

cheers all.....and when replying be nice I just thought I would share my findings.
p.s I live in chatham in kent...any local owners fancy a meet and chat?... about cars and things give me a shout.

russell :roll:

Pande
28-03-2006, 09:58 PM
They are very impressive figures, especially the torque value. I put my 3.2 on the dyno and got no more than 279bhp. But my car only had an exhaust and de-cat pipes. Keep it up. Does the car feel faster with the mods and have you raced a standard NSX.

rtbm
28-03-2006, 10:03 PM
HI pand

since the mods...the v-tec is less noticeable due to the extra torque i think it pulls harder and more for longer...I hav'nt tried racing any other nsx's.

Greybloke
28-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I agree good figures :D

I think Flinty has a haywards and scott rear box set up, sure sounds nice. I'm sure he will be along soon to confirm :wink:

rtbm
28-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi Pande

sorry mate orginal torque fig wrong...I miss-read graph...217lbs/ft...!!!

rtbm
28-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi All

would be nice to see standard graph....as i did'nt do mine first..i know i should have would be keen to see where most improvments are.

simonprelude
29-03-2006, 11:56 AM
I guess these are fly figures, would be more interested in the wheel horse power to be honest as I never trust the calculation used.

Let us know when you are next getting the car tested as I am interested in putting mine on a dyno at some stage.

Unless anyone wants to arrnage a dyno day somewhere, I am sure the magazines would be interested also ??

Rob_Fenn
31-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah a Dyno Day would be cool, where is the mass of us based?

What about Power Engineering ?

simonprelude
31-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Sounds good to me, :)

Yeah a Dyno Day would be cool, where is the mass of us based?

What about Power Engineering ?

Minch
02-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Power Engineering hey. Used to get the Cossie tuned there.

I'm looking at getting my newly purchased '92 NSX tuned at Plans Motorsport. I've not been there before but some threads on this site made me have a look at what they do. Might be an idea to get a few of us to go down there some time and possibly do a 'dyno day' there?

Just an idea, take a look. http://www.plansmotorsport.com/

Cheers
Nathan

Kevin
03-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Doesn't say there's dyno at Plans.