PDA

View Full Version : Seibon v Downforce......

Problem Child
28-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Thinking about an NSX R rear spoiler in CF

The options are:

Seibon CF with light................£372
Downforce CF with light...........$1400 plus shipping plus tax

I know you get what you pay for, but what do you guys think?

Also does the wiring/ connections for the light come out of the spolier on the same side for US/ Acura's as UK hondas? The seibon version, the wiring comes out on the LHS

Dragonlady
28-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Seibon tend to be fibreglass with a layer of carbon on top. Bit of a con!
Don't know about Downforce.

Cheers Ian

britlude
28-11-2013, 07:40 PM
it depends if you want the NSX-R wing with the super lightweight, or the NSX-R wing for the look and aesthetics.

if you want the weight reduction you'd go for the full carbon.

if it was just for the looks, then the cheaper option is the way to go unless you really want to spend the dosh! a carbon layer backed up with fibregass is normal for cosmetics, and why the seibon one is nearly a grand cheaper!

Senninha
28-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Downforce (latest versions) and Procar are moulded from OEM parts so you should get OEM fitment. Both are available RHD.

29-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi Geoff,

The cost of £372 i guess also has not taken into account VAT and delivery.....I have just bought one from Seibon UK and there is an 8 week lead time as they manufacturer once ordered in the US i think, and then ship over once completed....I am hoping santa is gonna bring me a nice spoiler for xmas :)

Also the seibon spoiler after research as well has the 'feet' sligtly raised at the front of the base...dont know if that is the same for the other spoiler....but to me i am not bothered about this.

Also the new generation seibon spoilers are suppose to be a better fitment than the older generation (being two year old)

The LED brake light as well is i think slightly larger than the previous generation...but wont know until mine arrives.....will keep you posted....

Cheers,

Andy

Tokyo-Joe
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM
I can recommend the Seibon nsxr wing, I have had mine for a while now and I am very happy with it. Fitment is not perfect on one side by the wing but that was expected for the cost. Wiring is easy and was on the correct side. Carbon look has not faded at all and mine is parked outside. One thing to understand about Seibon, all of the parts are copies of Taitec aftermarket parts - not OEM Honda, so the wings, valance etc all look slightly different to OEM.

Here is a pic of my Seibon:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1053091_10151517821453173_207011620_o.jpg

Problem Child
01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I can recommend the Seibon nsxr wing, I have had mine for a while now and I am very happy with it. Fitment is not perfect on one side by the wing but that was expected for the cost. Wiring is easy and was on the correct side. Carbon look has not faded at all and mine is parked outside. One thing to understand about Seibon, all of the parts are copies of Taitec aftermarket parts - not OEM Honda, so the wings, valance etc all look slightly different to OEM.

Here is a pic of my Seibon:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1053091_10151517821453173_207011620_o.jpg

Funny....I was just looking at the thread you have written abourt your build and noticed your spoiler, but noted you hadn't mentioned it in the thread. I was just about to write to you....thanks

AR
02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Without compensating the aero at the front, it might do more harm than good at speed.

Tokyo-Joe
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree with AR on the aerodynamics, don't expect any noticeable differences with either wing. That said for 9/10 drivers you won't be pushing the car hard enough to feel any differences. I drive mine hard on track and it feels amazing but I couldn't hope to isolate the differences from OEM in tyres, aero, suspension, alignment, weight reduction etc.

Buy it because it looks cool or stick with stock :)

Senninha
02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
In the UK on road or track this is cosmetic and (legally) non functional .... on a derestricted Autobahn its a different story :D

Mine is balanced with the rest of the NA2R aero parts to retain the high speed balance, again only relevant over the water ....

02-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I bought mine purely for cosmetics :) lol

(still waiting for santa)

NSXGB
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
....took mine off, think I prefer the original, cleaner look.