View Full Version : Sod's law

Trident
13-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Sod's law says that once you have spent all your cash getting your car into great shape, then on your 3rd trip out you will run into a badger and break the nose cone :(

Papalazarou
13-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear that. When I had my first NSX I went over to a friends house. On the way I had to pull in tight on a lane. Unfortunately I caught one of my new wheels on the edge of an old wall and shredded it. I then proceeded to my friends place. A farm. I parked up outside his cattle sheds. He heard me arrive. Walked out and opened the cattle shed door into the middle of my car. I was seriously the wrong side of pi$$ed off at the time. The cost of my 2 mile journey. Around £400.

Trident
13-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Two incidents on one trip! That was rotten luck. This could be the start of an interesting thread..... I bet there are many stories out there.
While I'm here, can anyone recommend a body shop to repair the nose cone?

Diesse 19
13-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi Pete , Sorry to hear about your mishap with the badger, rotten luck. Ive used Little Knocks in Fishponds road with reasonable results but it sounds as though you may need a repair outfit with better facilities depending on the extent of the damage. Is the nosecone properly fractured? Pete.

Trident
13-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Pete, Thanks for the info. The damage is about 3 inches up to the outside edge of the right side light but other parts have moved fractionally so it looks like the nose cone will have to come off for a proper look behind. This will open up a can of worms as there will be many rusted and seized fixings. I was planning on doing the brakes overhaul soon instead of taking off the front the car. Ah well! The car will be fully rebuilt by the time that I've finished :)Pete

mutley
13-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I know what you mean, last year I replaced my nosecone, and it still isn't sitting quite right which I find really annoying, and looks like i'll have to fins a decent bodyshop to jiggle eveythihng about to get it looking right.

Jim

TheSebringOne
13-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear of the bad luck. I hope its not as bad as first thought too.

Diesse 19
13-11-2013, 10:44 PM
What about the badger, was it culled?

Trident
13-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes! Culled, killed and cursed. Poor badger:0

NZNick
13-11-2013, 11:38 PM
A 17kg badger can do a lot of damage to an NSX. Hope not too much is broken behind the bumper.

Trident
14-11-2013, 09:21 AM
The bumper will be coming off so I'll find out soon. It looks quite minor from the outside but it needs closer inspection.

Nick Graves
14-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Rotten luck.

Probably the bumper mountings need a scientific adjustment.

If the car starts coughing, you'll know you're in trouble.

Problem Child
15-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Rotten luck.

Probably the bumper mountings need a scientific adjustment.

If the car starts coughing, you'll know you're in trouble.

...and how is the badger?

Trident
15-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Sadly the badger has gone to the great Sett in the sky :(