PDA

View Full Version : Festival of Remembrance

mutley
08-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

If anyone's watching this on Saturday , I'm part of the RAF contingent for the muster parade . I doubt I'll get away with a NSX badge on the uniform though .

Jim

Senninha
08-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Well done Jim,

We were out in town last night and strolled past Westminster Abbey at saw the Field of Remembrance ...

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/event/32569343-westminster-field-of-remembrance-at-westminster-abbey

A very moving sight, especially as we saw it at night, and a cold reminder of those we've lost ... bomber comand was a particularly large area covered in crosses ...

Thank you each and everyone of you.

mutley
09-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Cheers Paul, and if anyone was watching tonight, you would have seen me, already getting grief from my colleagues about being on telly, that's a lot of beer I have to buy!

Jim

scottg
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
If you have been watching the News this morning, the Andrew Mar show or pick up the Sunday Times, there is an article about a young 12 year old boy who was the youngest ever soldier at the battle of the Somme until his mum discovered where he was and wrote to the war office to get him home. It's an incredible story and will also be featured at the Imperial War museum some time in the near future. That young man was Sydney Lewis, my wife's Grandfather. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but what a brave young man who I understand never spoke about it with his family. It is one of the things that makes me proud of our country when you see the respect shown for our fallen soldiers past and present on remembrance day.

Cheers Paul, and if anyone was watching tonight, you would have seen me, already getting grief from my colleagues about being on telly, that's a lot of beer I have to buy!

Jim

mutley
10-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Heading back north today, but we watched the footage from Albert Hall last night, bloody hell you can't miss me!

Jim