PDA

View Full Version : NSX Type S wheels for sale on E-bay

ChrisR
25-03-2006, 11:44 PM
If anyone is interested there are what looks to be a set of BBS NSX Type S wheels for sale on E-bay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSX-Wheels-and-Tyres_W0QQitemZ4625063799QQcategoryZ10386QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Nothing to do with me, I just thought someone on here might want them.

Chris.

sportyking
26-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm watching these, have put a little bid on for now but not winning.
As usual it will depend what/where i am when the auction ends but we'll see.

Rob_Fenn
29-03-2006, 08:31 AM
They look cool but is there any comeback if you find out they are buckled or something?

sportyking
29-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I'll let you know if I get them and they are buckled.

I'm sure a buckled one would do a fair bit of damage on its way through a living room window :D

simonprelude
29-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I saw these, but the place they should really go is also bidding on them so I will not push the price up needlessly, they should really go to 1 person only on here.

I think you all know who I mean.

Let's give him a break, he really wants them and is willing to pay, let's not make him pay more than he needs to.

If he backs out though I WILL be bidding. Game on.

markc
29-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, Simon's talking about me as the owner of a Type S that is missing it's original BBS wheels. :(

The thought is very much apprieciated but I couldn't possibly ask others not to bid on them just for my sake.

I will indeed be trying my luck this evening but I guess market forces will decide.

Good luck all :D

Mark

Papalazarou
29-03-2006, 02:25 PM
This is the nightmare of making everyone aware of stuff for sale on
E-bay, we all end up bidding against each other. :(

James.

ctrlaltdelboy
29-03-2006, 03:33 PM
it certainly does seem 'right' for such a rare car that we are lucky enough to have within our club to be restored to original spec, so dig deep Mark and don't get outbid ;)

sportyking
29-03-2006, 04:15 PM
If people sold me their old scraped and scratched wheels, I wouldn't need to bid on any :(

Markc, unfortunately I have seen Simons post after the 24 hour bid retraction limit had expired. I wont up my bid now.

Now, as my car cover from America has dissappeared in the post I will turn my attention to the one Ebay (which for all I know could have been mine anyway). That I need really desparately!

I don't think it makes a jot of difference posting items from ebay on here, most of us must do regular searches (I have 25). What does make the difference is that we can discuss it and avoid fighting over items on this excellent forum. :)

Papalazarou
29-03-2006, 05:06 PM
What I meant was that I hate bidding against people on the site and often avoid doing so because I know someone is after a certain item.
So in some ways I'd rather not know who I'm bidding against.
I suppose the problem is that there just aren't enough good NSX parts available on the UK market.

Good luck with the bidding :D

James.

simonprelude
29-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I would guess that these are the wheels from Mark's car, would be a fair assumption.

But if the seller is on here or lurking then obviously knows what the bids are.

But if not I would suggest that you 2 decide between yourselves, hopefully they will go for less than your initial bid and Mark may offer you a slight renumeration for your trouble.

But regardless other great places are yahoo.jp but I can't work out how to register or bid or anything. Type s/r wheels come up over there as well as standard wheels.

Quite a few kyosho models on there I want :(

How about trying Dirk for wheels ??

sportyking
29-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Though I like the wheels, their heritage means little to me. They would go well with my type S/Szero rear antiroll bar :D

I don't know what to say, Now I know what is going on I don't really want them any more. But, If I win them it will cost me the best part of a day and £100 to collect from Plymouth/London, which will pretty much seal their fate as my spare rims.

EDIT:
Just triple checked ebay and managed to retract my bids, and probably upset the seller.

Markc, I cannot watch these rims go for peanuts but I will stand back for the time being and suggest you put a decent bid in there, as I said earlier (edited out later) I was prepared to pay well over £400, and others probably will be as well.

markc
29-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Simon I hadn't thought of that, I suppose they could have come off what is now my car!

Sportyking, sorry about you being put under pressure. It's all a bit embarrasing, however well intended. :oops:
I have a sensible max bid in at the moment and will be able to view the auction as it closes tomorrow so rest assured that I will make my maximum bid.... errr, competitive. :D

I can't imagine this sort of community thinking goes on on too many forums of this sort. 8)

If I do win the auction for these wheels I will owe you, Simon and Darren a good few beers at minimum and I'll make it my business to help track down a suitable spare set wheels for your car.

Cheers

Mark

TheQuietOne
30-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Me too, only question is why on earth would anyone take those off the Type-S???

What wheels does it have currently Mark?

Good luck with the bidding!

ctrlaltdelboy
30-03-2006, 01:10 PM
12 mins to go - looks like the main interest is between Mark and Jam100673

Mark showed his hand a little half an hour early with £449 bid but Jam has topped it with high bid currently at £459...

come on Mark - you have to get these wheels - they are worth £1200 all day long to any NSX owner, even moreso for you!!

ctrlaltdelboy
30-03-2006, 01:15 PM
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

6 mins to go and Jam is still high bidder!!

I really hope Mark is timing his winning bid here.......

ctrlaltdelboy
30-03-2006, 01:22 PM
fantastic play!!!

that was a rush to see Mark come in with the winning £511 bid 5 seconds before the end!!

well done mate ;)

TheQuietOne
30-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Well played - cracking price too!

Baz
30-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Nice one Mark - pipped your rival bidder at the post! Hope the wheels turn out to be as good as they appear.

Baz

simonprelude
30-03-2006, 01:30 PM
1 second to go and I was putting a £600 bid in if Mark wasn't the highest bidder.

That was so stressful, don't all do that to me again.

Senninha
30-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Congrats and well timed, look forward to seeing them restored in condition and to their rightful home :wink:

Mr_Spanners
30-03-2006, 06:09 PM
What a great price!!! :D Hope we're going to see some pics of the Type-S complete with matching wheels soon???

~Phil.

markc
30-03-2006, 07:03 PM
YOU guys thought it was stressfull :shock:

I only got back in front of a computer after a morning meeting with 18 mins to go!

Very pleased with the price (provided they're not knackered) but suffice to say my last second bid had p-l-e-n-t-y of headroom.

Hoping to trek up to Stockport (from Surrey) at the weekend to collect, if it's convienient with the seller, else I'll have to find an appointment somewhere in the vacinity next week. :wink:

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
30-03-2006, 09:11 PM
If not then I have a friend who is driving down from Macclesfield on Saturday :)

osiris_x11
08-04-2006, 06:54 AM
I followed this thread w/ keen interest! My good friend in towne has the Zanardi BBS wheels on his Sebring silver NSX.

What's funny is that my cousin & her family from Greater London are visiting us here in Texas right now... too bad they weren't closer to Stockport! hehe...

Enjoy! 8)