PDA

View Full Version : Might be selling my NSX

Alpinestars
18-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Thinking of selling the NSX and wanted views on how much to put it up for please.

It's a Red, Black roof, Manual, UK car, 3.0 couple, with about 30k miles on it. Not a Cat C or D like many for sale.

Full Honda history and in excellent condition.

Obviously with not many around and for sale, it's difficult to know where to pitch it.

britlude
18-10-2013, 11:47 AM
what year?

goldtop
18-10-2013, 12:35 PM
It would be the most attractive manual NA1 NSX on the market at the moment (although in the run-up to Christmas...) Once you filter out the crashed cars and autos from the listings, there's really not a lot around.

My gut feel is that it's £33k and maybe a bit more (bearing in mind what Sudesh's old car was sold and then resold at).

Alpinestars
20-10-2013, 09:56 AM
what year?

It's 1991.

soddy
21-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Just as a matter of interest, what kind of money were nsx's going for 5-10 years ago?

Senninha
21-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Just as a matter of interest, what kind of money were nsx's going for 5-10 years ago?

Less.

examples ... 7yrs ago na1coupes £10-18k, face lifts @ £40k ... Today you pay late 20's to early 30's for na1's and up to £80k for the very latest examples (excludes S and R models).

Silver Surfer
21-10-2013, 09:15 PM
£18k-£20k for a 1991 manual with 56k miles 6 years ago.

SS

soddy
21-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Less.

examples ... 7yrs ago na1coupes £10-18k, face lifts @ £40k ... Today you pay late 20's to early 30's for na1's and up to £80k for the very latest examples (excludes S and R models).

Interesting, I was talking with a fella I work with who used to import cars and he was saying they were about £6000 around 2004 for the na1's.
How many nsx's were built for the UK market and how much are imports now, understanding how rare they are now etc?

Senninha
21-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Interesting, I was talking with a fella I work with who used to import cars and he was saying they were about £6000 around 2004 for the na1's.
How many nsx's were built for the UK market and how much are imports now, understanding how rare they are now etc?

Most likely a leggy auto, and that probably excludes import duties \ shipping \ UK reg.
UK market registrations range around the 400 -450 from memory; today its is thought around 325 remain on the road.
Today the issue with trying to import is that they will cost you more than UKDM cars. Partly because of the points above, but largely because the home market doesnt want to let them go!

soddy
22-10-2013, 12:24 AM
I'll ask him more about the nsx and price etc when I am chatting to him again, but it was way back about that year.
Thanks for the info, don't want to derail this man's (Alpines) forum post lol, but makes me regret not buying one 7 years ago :(

Alpinestars
22-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I'll ask him more about the nsx and price etc when I am chatting to him again, but it was way back about that year.
Thanks for the info, don't want to derail this man's (Alpines) forum post lol, but makes me regret not buying one 7 years ago :(

Any publicity is good publicity!!

Alpinestars
15-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Now sold. New owner picking it up on Sunday.

goldtop
15-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Hanging around or defecting to another marque?

Congrats on the sale anyway. With so few uncrashed manuals around I hope you got a good price! :)

soddy
15-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Now sold. New owner picking it up on Sunday.

well done, hope you got what you wanted for the car.
i'll wait for the great nsx stock crash lol. wonder how many manuals left for sale now, very few i imagine, only seem to be auto's.

ah well back to my 1980's era porsche 911 carerra dream. if you can get one rust free as possible, and good ones are going for nsx money now too.

UltraViolet
07-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I must confess I sometimes waver and think about selling mine. A fair few on here have seen mine, '91 red with black roof, manual coupe with low miles. I have owned it since Feb 2002 but just don't get chance to drive it much these days. Having said that, it costs me little to own and it looks like values are solid. I live 50% of my time overseas now hence not time to drive it - but it still gets its servicing done and when I do get the chance, I do enjoy it still. Sadly this year I only got chance for 2 reasonable length drives.

Philip
04-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I must confess I sometimes waver and think about selling mine. A fair few on here have seen mine, '91 red with black roof, manual coupe with low miles. I have owned it since Feb 2002 but just don't get chance to drive it much these days. Having said that, it costs me little to own and it looks like values are solid. I live 50% of my time overseas now hence not time to drive it - but it still gets its servicing done and when I do get the chance, I do enjoy it still. Sadly this year I only got chance for 2 reasonable length drives.

Hi, as a newbie to this forum but a long time admirer of the fabulous NSX, I am finally in a position to buy one. I would be very interested in yours if you do decide to sell as it is the correct colour and spec that I am looking for.

Many thanks,

Phil

craigdonnelly
04-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Did a silver NA1 manual sell at a Honda Dealership last year for £22k?

goldtop
04-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Did a silver NA1 manual sell at a Honda Dealership last year for £22k?

I've got vague memories of that - the one at Honda Grantham/Lincoln? If so, the dealer's fast-n-loose approach to selling it was widely discussed on here.

It had been crashed and not recorded, IIRC.

craigdonnelly
04-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I've got vague memories of that - the one at Honda Grantham/Lincoln? If so, the dealer's fast-n-loose approach to selling it was widely discussed on here.

It had been crashed and not recorded, IIRC.

That at is a shock! I would have gave the car back and demanded a refund from the dealer.

goldtop
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I can't quite remember what the final outcome was. At least one forumite got lied to, and I think he got his deposit back when it all came out.

If it is the same car, it had previously been crashed while being 'serviced' by a Honda mechanic within the same franchise group. What would definitely have been interesting is seeing the actual detail of how Honda repaired it when it was Honda digging into its own pockets (compared to us or an insurance company).

Edit to add, full story here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10728-Silver-91-manual-just-appeared-and-disappeared