PDA

View Full Version : trackday costs calculator

ctrlaltdelboy
24-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi all

being the over-analytical bore that I am, I made an excel spreadsheet to calculate the total cost of any given trackday in terms of all the little things like wear to tyres & brakes, fluid changes driving to & from the circuit, fuel used on track, photos etc etc.

just in case there's anyone else out there as dull as me, I thought I'd share it with you guys.

you can download it from my site here http://darrenferneyhough.com/tdcosts.xls

for simplicity, I've locked down access to editable fields only, which are shaded yellow - there should be no need to access the other fields.

there's 3 pages, each with instructions:
page 1 contains the main details of consumable items, trackday fees, circuit distance & milage etc
page 2 is reference data for page 1
page 3 is for any notes you may like to record, which can help you to establish the MPG you are getting on track (maybe you don't really want to know that!)

maybe someone will find it useful anyway!

Kevin
24-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Can't edit the frequency of events column. I go through pads much faster than every 10 events. :D

Also twice as much petrol, as I'd have a full tank at start of the day, then refill halfway through the day, and have to refill on the way home.

I did get the feeling that each day costs around £500 though, Xbox 360 and PGR3 much cheaper!

Kevin
24-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Also are you sure you should be using crossply tyres? Aren't they the old fashioned type, with current road tyres all being radial?

ctrlaltdelboy
24-03-2006, 11:34 AM
thanks for that Kev - if you want to unlock those fields yourself, the password is 'password' otherwise I'll upload a revised version tonight

re crossply tyres - much stiffer in the sidewall than radials - good for withstanding the lateral pounding the poor blighters take at my hand!

also, in slicks there seems to be much more choice in crossply than in radial, maybe for this very reason?

regarding the fuel - just enter the miles driven on track - the cost per mile comes from the ref data in sheet 2, just enter your MPG and cost per litre - if you need help calculating your MPG, use the notes section in sheet 3 to work it out.