PDA

View Full Version : Project mu brake pads

nobby
20-09-2013, 06:49 PM
See a few members on here run these pads for both street and the odd track day ... Where do those that own these purchase these from when ordering from UK?

Is the B force the best pad for the odd track day?

Thanks in advance

andrew

Senninha
20-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi Andrew,

I've moved away from these to EBC Redstuff ... quieter, less dust but just as effective and warm up quicker too ... just a thought

regards, Paul

nobby
21-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi Paul

cheers for that info ... Been running ebc red since Sudesh's 1st refresh so looking at new discs and pads when I do my last track day next month ... Just looking at other options ... Potentially. Read about mu and considering others like carbon Lorraine or carbotech but saw that likes of SOS and Dali stock these so thought decent for app with the NSX

where did u purchase mu's etc?

Re my brakes ... Whole hog will be done end of October new discs and pads ... so enuff time to make mind up. Likely goin for ebc turbo groove discs all round ... The pad is the big ? for me ...

Hi Andrew,

I've moved away from these to EBC Redstuff ... quieter, less dust but just as effective and warm up quicker too ... just a thought

regards, Paul

Senninha
21-09-2013, 04:47 PM
What calipers are you running? I the latter oem spec the Mu's I took off have lots of meat on them if you'd like to try them? You're welcome to them if they will fit, full set f&r.bought mine from Dali
Rgds Paul

UnhuZ
21-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I have Level MAX i900 on all 4 corners with RB 2-piece slotted rotors in 97+ sizes...

all i can say is:

- Doing the Stoptech bed-in procedure made me arrive home with marks of the seatbelt in my chest :D
- The front rotors are now Slot-less and the pads aren't even in the middle of their life.
- They dust like there is no tomorrow....not pad dust...rotor dust, so imagine how are my rims :)
- They costed me $305 for all 4 corners. I bought them at Dali back in 2008.

as they brake like nothing i've seen on any car, and there is no fade now matter how long i use them,
i'll keep using them until i can't get more.

Nuno

nobby
22-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Cheers for replies!
i am running original calipers Paul as per NA1 (94) spec. Thank you for the kind offer ... May take you up on it if they fit but will leave it till after next TD.

@ Nuno what are the level max 900's u refer to?

UnhuZ
22-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi,

back when i bought them, they were the most agressive ones Project Mu had...above this only pure racing compounds.

Here is a image when all were compared:

right now i would have to search to it's equivalent.

Here (http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=707) are them in Dali website (where i bought them and if in stock, i'll buy again)

Nuno