PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

starchaser
22-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

The cruise control on my 94' manual has suddenly stopped working. Does anyone know of anything obvious I can check before taking it to a dealer?

Thanks in advance

starchaser
22-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello Chaps and chapesses, after much painstaking research and a thorough page by page search of my CD manual I armed suitable armed myself with the correct digit, sat in the drivers seat and turned on the main Cruise Control switch.....hey presto.....it works!

What a muppet, must have switched it off by mistake, my last car didn't have a seperate main switch......

Still could have been worse, my girlfriend could have sussed it before me!

ctrlaltdelboy
22-03-2006, 02:18 PM
thanks for giving me a good laugh there :lol:

well done for admitting your blonde-ness ;)

simonprelude
22-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Was going to suggest that, seemed a bit too blonde to be honest.

starchaser
22-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Hmmmmm even I couldn't believe that I'd be such a muppet, you can imagine just how silly I felt when I pushed the switch and the LED came on.......
OK so my list of possible solutions to for potential future problems.

1. Engine won't start.....make sure I have some petrol in the tank

2. Central locking doesn't work....check key is actually for the car and
not front door. Check registration No as although unlikely could be someone elses car.

3. Whole car dead, no dash lights working....check ignition key is in lock and is switched on

4. Car will only go 60mph at full throttle, slows down really fast and somethings burning........check hand brake is off.

5. Car does 160 in reverse but only 25 in forward, windscreen seems to have shrunk and now have rear wheel steering, much reduced leg room and gear lever in wrong place, can't seem to find dash, have recently removed seats for refurbishment........... Seats have been fitted back to front, remove and replace in correct positions

Cheers one and all!

Senninha
22-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanx for the entertainment :lol: :lol:

If all else fails, you could try public transport :wink:

Martin
22-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Well done on your motoring bargain, and thanks for the laugh!!

Welcome to the club and look forward to seeing you at future meets.

Cheers,
Martin[/quote]

mutley
22-03-2006, 11:27 PM
This may sound a bit obvious, but when I bought my '92 NSX the cruise control didn't work. I looked under the bonnet and saw a cable not atached to anything and a funny looking black box. I opened up the box, and the component was the criuse control actuator. I connected the cable for a laugh as it looked like that's where it came from, gave it a go and way-hey, I now have working cruise control.... So have a look and see if the cable has snapped/come out of the actuator....... the fun bit of this story is that I was fiddling about with relays trying to get my pop up lights working and that's when I noticed the cable out............lights still not working though!

NSA
23-03-2006, 11:58 AM
My mother tried to start the car in gear, panicked, then called out Honda to sort it out. They drove it (started first time) to the dealership, checked out the ignition system, alarm, changed the battery, and charged me £220 for the privilege. There was nothing wrong with the car.

Joy.

starchaser
23-03-2006, 01:12 PM
My mother tried to start the car in gear, panicked, then called out Honda to sort it out. They drove it (started first time) to the dealership, checked out the ignition system, alarm, changed the battery, and charged me £220 for the privilege. There was nothing wrong with the car.

Joy.

Cars and parents don't you just love em! Honda should have known better though.