PDA

View Full Version : ABS Help!

mjames75
10-09-2013, 10:21 PM
So I hadn't driven the car for a while and my Tracker and alarm seemed to drain the battery.

I charged it up and when I started it the ABS light was on, as i drove off the TCS light came on.

I read that the ABS fuse needed to be pulled if the battery died, did this and nothing changed, however I retried this again the following day and the abs light went off, I reset the ecu and it was still off...Went for a 30 minute drive and all was good until I nearly got back home when the ABS pump went crazy under normal braking conditions and the abs light returned, I turned the car off and back on, the ABS light went off for a couple of minutes and now its on permanently again!

I checked the code and its throwing ABS code 7.....

Anyone got any Ideas,

Car is a 2004 NA2

Cheers,

Mike

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi, Mike.

Next time when you saw the warning light, please try to read the error code first before doing anything such as removing the fuse, battery, etc.
I have seen so many posts recommending to ‘reset’ or ‘pull the fuse’ without reading the error code first on many car forums.
It seems to be the most popular advice for the case of EPS light as well.

There is always a reason for triggering the warning light and the error code is one of the most basic but important thing in diagnosing any issues.

For your reference on the ABS warning light, removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery have no effect at all on the post Sep/99 models that have the latest spec ABS (one body solution) like on your 2004 NSX. It will erase the error code on other controllers such as the TCS so be careful......

In order to reset or erase the error code on the latest ABS, you must follow the specific sequence involving the brake pedal, ABS light and the SCS terminal.

I think you didn’t read the error code properly. There is no such thing as code #7.
May be it was #61???

The latest ABS will trigger #61 if the battery voltage (fail safe relay voltage) was below 8V within 2sec immediately after starting the engine and releasing the IG key from ‘Start/cranking’ position or, the battery voltage was below 10V when the Car Speed was above 6mph.

From what you wrote, sounded like your battery was not healthy even after being charged or the battery connection was poor.

Please read the error code again, erase it by following the specific procedure in the manual and then carry out another test driving session.
If you managed to trigger the ABS and/or TCS light again, please read the error code first before doing anything.
Again, TCS code will be erased if you pull the specific fuse, discharge or disconnect the battery.

Once you read the error code, please read the voltage when IG key is in P2 (On position, just before cranking, lots of light on the dash), during cranking, while warming up and when at idle rpm.

Kaz