PDA

View Full Version : Trident Honda

swlabhot
21-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I am looking for an authorised NSX service centre in/close to London as I will soon be servicing my car. I am aware of Chiswick but have heard nothing but -ves about them and they have also never returned any of my calls so thats them crossed off my list.

Has anyone used Trident (Weybridge or Ottershaw in Surrey) Honda for servicing? If so, what is their customer service and generally the whole experience like?

TIA,
Steven

ctrlaltdelboy
21-03-2006, 01:44 PM
have you tried the search?

I found this thread using it http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=449

simonprelude
21-03-2006, 01:59 PM
I am still waiting for a special feeling from an NSX dealer, Chiswick are useful for parts knowledge etc but a pain to get to for me at normal times.

Norton way are good, again they treat the car as another Honda though.

Trident, well didn't return my phone calls even though the car was previously serviced there.

So short of looking further North (have spoken to the one in Birmingham a few times) I guess we are stuck with an average type of service.

I don't want an ar5e licking service, but acknowledgement of the fact you are driving the top of the range Honda would be nice.

Oh and a decent courtesy car would be nice.

Senninha
21-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Greybloke uses Norton Way and has been generally satisfied with their service...

Accelera Comigo
21-03-2006, 04:52 PM
If you can get to Nortonway Honda, do. Bryan Smith looked after mine for six years - fantastic service, very knowledgeable.

Accelera Comigo

sportyking
21-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I was looking at getting Trident Weybridge to service my NSX when due. Then, when talking to my favourite Honda dealership (Redhill Honda, formerly FW Mayes) I asked them if they could service an NSX and they said yes they have qualified staff. I don't subscribe to the authorised list thing, but with a seven year warranty to protect would like Honda stamps to prevent any comeback. If they still have qualified staff when the service is due, I will be going there.

banzaicars
21-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I met Brian Smith of Norton Way last weekend.

I took my car there as I was worried about an engine noise when it was cold.

Brian reassured me that it was nothing to worry about and it was through his vast knowledge of these motors that he said he had heard the same on many other NSXs and "it's just how some are".

After asking him loads of questions about NSXs (as I'm a new owner) he answered every single one giving me tips on how best to look after it. Things like how to close the boot and engine cover without causing long-term damage. He also remembered my car from the previous owner who bought it from Norton Way in 2002 and serviced it there ever since. I was so pleased that I made the 160 mile round trip to get his 'seal of approval' especially after he said it was well looked after and one of the quietest engines he had heard!.

As for the different treatment of NSX owners - when I arrived and booked in with the guy behind reception, he quickly said that his service manager (Brian) will be with me straight away as he is the only one who will check queries of this kind out - he went on to say only Brian will drive and over-see NSX work as he is the man when it comes to these cars. Apparently he was on the first NSX course back in 1991 and has been awarded Honda Technician of the year!!! - you can't argue with 15 years' NSX experience.

My car will go nowhere else - simple as that.

Thanks Brian and Norton Way Honda

Sorry about the rant but I felt it worthy.

Keith

ctrlaltdelboy
21-03-2006, 07:08 PM
nice rant - well worth posting IMO

Martin
21-03-2006, 08:01 PM
If you can get to Nortonway Honda, do. Bryan Smith looked after mine for six years - fantastic service, very knowledgeable.

Accelera Comigo

Absolutely agree.

I always make the journey to Norton Way, to keep my car serviced at the same dealership, as the previous owners also took it there all the time, and I found the staff there very helpful...

but special thanks to Bryan Smith, who answered all my queries very satisfactorily, and took time over it, and I didn't feel rushed like you can with some dealers. He is easily the most knowledgeable NSX person I have met in a Honda dealership so far (as I sometimes use more local ones for small bits and bobs).

Job well done Bryan.

Greybloke
21-03-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Greybloke uses Norton Way and has been generally satisfied with their service...

Correct :D

I'm quite a fan of this dealership, had both my S2000's serviced there, as well as current NSX and wife's civic. Thorough service by knowledgeable staff. Brian really knows the NSX well, although the whole team there are always helpful and keen to keep the customer happy :)

Gets my vote, give them a try.

swlabhot
22-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Are they based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire? Bit of a drive for me if thats the case but I would probably go as far as the Midlands to find a good one. I will only entrust my pride and joy to the best of the best :)

NSX 2000
22-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear you haven't had any luck with Chiswick Honda :? .
I've just bought my NSX from a non honda garage and they did offer to service it, but I wanted an NSX honda dealer to do it. Spoke to a man called Jazz at Chiswick before buying and he was very helpful. Car is now at Cheswick and Jazz has been very helpful including telling me that I didn't need my cambelt changed till 2008, I thought it was due evrey six years :oops: .

Don't know if your willing to give them a second chance but if you are ask for Jazz Mann on the service desk, and yes I PMSL when I heard his surname :lol: .

Papalazarou
22-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Car is now at Cheswick and Jazz has been very helpful including telling me that I didn't need my cambelt changed till 2008, I thought it was due evrey six years :oops: ..

I know we discussed this a bit on an earlier thread, but I thought cambelts were 60k or 5/6 years regardless depending on model?

James

NSX 2000
23-03-2006, 06:25 PM
After Papalazarou comments I thought I better check so called a n other garage and Honda Customer Help Line and got the same answer.

My NSX is a 2000 model year with a 3.2L engine, with servicing evrey year or 9000 miles (which ever occurs first). The cambelt should be done at the 72000 mile service. Therefore 72000 divided by 9000 = 8 ie 8 years.

As my car has less than 19000 miles on it I think it will be serviced evrey year rather than down to milage. :?

simonprelude
23-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes the service intervals changed, used to be 6000 miles.

After Papalazarou comments I thought I better check so called a n other garage and Honda Customer Help Line and got the same answer.

My NSX is a 2000 model year with a 3.2L engine, with servicing evrey year or 9000 miles (which ever occurs first). The cambelt should be done at the 72000 mile service. Therefore 72000 divided by 9000 = 8 ie 8 years.

As my car has less than 19000 miles on it I think it will be serviced evrey year rather than down to milage. :?

Kevin
23-03-2006, 09:57 PM
You can't go wrong with Norton Way. I have been going there for years. Bryan has worked on NSXs since they first came out, although he has been made service manager there and doesn't get his hands dirty anymore.
They are small enough to give you a personal service. As for treating the NSX like any other Honda, well it is, what do you expect? The NSX isn't magical or anything, it just requires the same servicing and work as any other car.
They also organised the F1 factory trip we had years ago, they were also selected to run Chiswick Honda.

Greybloke
23-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Took wifeys Civic for it's MOT on Tuesday (to Norton way) where they are nearing completion of a refit.
The good news is thay are now selling Honda Bikes from a bespoke area of the showroom, nice :D I do like the look, feel, sound of the latest Blade 8) very tempted........

Senninha
23-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Kevin,

Any chance of arranging a new F1 tour given that Honda own the whole team now?

regards

simonprelude
24-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Seconded !!

Kevin,

Any chance of arranging a new F1 tour given that Honda own the whole team now?

regards

Papalazarou
24-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Ok then,

So what would you guys do if your nearest NSX dealer was 200 miles away and you drove your car regularly, hence needing a couple of services a year?
Would you still make the 400 mile round trip every time there was a problem or would you use a good non-NSX franchise?

James.

Nick Graves
24-03-2006, 11:14 AM

Correct :D

I'm quite a fan of this dealership, had both my S2000's serviced there, as well as current NSX and wife's civic. Thorough service by knowledgeable staff. Brian really knows the NSX well, although the whole team there are always helpful and keen to keep the customer happy :)

Gets my vote, give them a try.

I agree.

I get all three done there too.

I blame Julia Morrison on the service desk. Fisrt time I went there, she said, "it's the NSX, isn't it?" It was actually the S2K, but the seed's been there ever since!

simonprelude
24-03-2006, 11:15 AM
If you are in Somerset then there is a Honda garage that way with the correct ramp and an NSX trained Honda tech. Will find details for you later, mine had some warranty work done there in it's life.

Ok then,

So what would you guys do if your nearest NSX dealer was 200 miles away and you drove your car regularly, hence needing a couple of services a year?
Would you still make the 400 mile round trip every time there was a problem or would you use a good non-NSX franchise?

James.

Kevin
26-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok then,

James.

Small services are not anything more than oil changes. Maybe do those locally, but cambelts and clutchs do at a NSX dealer?

Papalazarou
26-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I've been thinking about this and I can't really see any advantage of driving a 400 mile round trip to an NSX dealer to be charged a considerably higher hourly rate.
Especially when I hear such a mixed bag of experiences from some of them some of these first hand.
Anyway, I have a cambelt service due next month and I'm going to a really good non-NSX franchise which have looked after my car for the last 6 months.
The technician who works on my car knows what he's doing and the service will be considerably less than the quotes I'm getting or very often, not getting from NSX dealers.
I worry that we're being duped into thinking that this 'official NSX dealer service' is the be all and end all and if we choose to go somewhere else, our pride and joy will not be looked after adequately and suffer on resale.

James.
p.s, this is not a bitch, I'm just putting my point of view forward.