PDA

View Full Version : Senna's NSX

TheSebringOne
22-08-2013, 10:00 PM
This is Senna's other Portuguese car for sale.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C400296

NSXGB
23-08-2013, 05:26 AM
I was watching the black one on eBay, last time I looked it was up for £65k but it looks like it did not make the reserve. Have not seen it re-listed yet though...

Problem Child
23-08-2013, 04:46 PM
This is Senna's other Portuguese car for sale.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C400296

Is there anything factual that actually links the car to Senna....or is this some sort of myth? Is there a picture of him driving the car, does the seat have his bum imprint on it etc etc?

goldtop
23-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Is there anything factual that actually links the car to Senna....or is this some sort of myth? Is there a picture of him driving the car, does the seat have his bum imprint on it etc etc?

From other photos around, the red one is the one that Senna is famously photographed washing with a garden hose.

Not exactly the stuff of motorsport heritage, but I presume there's proper provenance in the paperwork, too.

23-08-2013, 06:27 PM

I think the black one that was on eBay, said it still had his footprint on the drivers mat!

Senna red nsx owner
05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I have purchased this car and will be bringing it back to the UK shortly.

scottg
05-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Wow
Well done you its great we may get the chance to see the car here at a future event perhaps?

nobby
05-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Well done indeed ... Nice bit of history, hopefully it sees the light of day when here!

goldtop
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome. First post and with this car, you've pretty much trumped every other NSX owner (except perhaps the Type R guy).

Now you need to buy another NSX to drive without worrying. ;)

TheSebringOne
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Congratulations and welcome.

Senna red nsx owner
06-11-2013, 06:48 AM
My blog contains all the information of my trip to purchase the red Senna NSX

http://sennamcf.wordpress.com

WhyOne?
06-11-2013, 07:39 AM
A fascinating purchase and a car I would very much like to see...again!

We were on holiday in Vale Verde (where Senna had a house) and the red car was on display in a local car dealership.

You mention that there is little physical evidence to tie the black car too Senna - how about yours?

It's nice to read about a car coming into the UK - most seem to be heading the other way!

I'm in West Sussex, along with a few other owners, so a trip out to visit you in December should hopefully be possible.

WhyOne?
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Are you sure you Senna had a house there? His European home was at 31 Sunset, Quinta Do Lago and the local Honda dealership who supplied Ayrton the car was MS Cars who i purchased the car from. My car is featured in Videos and Books and as you can see it has a fax from Honda Portugal confirming as well as other documents.

Vale Verde and Quinta Do Lago run into each other so I am sure that you are correct about Senna's address.

When I saw the car it was in a Honda dealership on the main road heading west away from Faro airport.

WhyOne?
06-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Just to confirm that you are correct in your assertion that Ayrton was indeed a resident of Quinta do Lago...I took this photo of a street there named in his honour:

scottg
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I live in Poole in Dorset and would love to come and see the car if you have an unveiling for a group of enthusiasts

We will be driving it back from Faro by the end of the month, I saw both the black one and the red one when I flew into faro for the day last week. I have seen a lot of rubbish written about both and the day I went there was the best day of my life. BOTH ARE THE REAL DEAL. The black one comes with little proof except while I was having lunch which the Father and Son of MS Cars, who owned the red one, they confirmed the black one went through them as they knew Antonio Brage, Senna's best friend. I was to afraid to drive the car when I was there but bought it anyway. I live in East Sussex and if anyone wants to come and see it, you can make an appointment from December onwards. Saves having to fly to Faro which I had to.

Problem Child
06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Well done and welcome to our little group. Did it come with any provenance that he did drive it?

kingsley
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Congratulations...............I live in Cheshire but love to come to any proposed unveiling oportunity .....I wonder if Geoff still has his hose pipe for photo shoot.

Kingsley

Senna red nsx owner
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM
yes read my blog at http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/ also it is shown in the ayrton film "racing is in my blood" bit painful really as he wheel span my lovely car. for him though i forgive.

britlude
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
this via the european NSX facebook group....

http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/

and it does explain the BSS 8888 numberplate in the Honda Hands advert.

hmmm why didn't i see the above post???? lol

Senninha
06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Rob,

Congratulations on tracking down this NSX and acheiving what must surely be a very special personal goal.

Welcome to NSXCB and for sharing this news with us all. Like many I look forward to meeting you and this cherished piece of NSX, Ayrton and Honda history.

You mention that it may not be driven much ... I do hope you get to enjoy driving it occasionally.

I found your blog very interesting, again thank you for sharing.

Well done and enjoy your new NSX.

regards, Paul

06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Congratulations on your purchase mate and welcome to the forum :)
pnice to see cars coming to the uk rather than Japan and Asia lol :)

UnhuZ
06-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi,

congratulations on this business... i live in Lisbon and i never saw it live (stupid i know)...

how do you plan to get it to UK ??

again, i'm very happy for you...really happy.... just because i'm a huge...huge Senna fan...since he signed with Lotus to drive the black JPS :D

All the best,
Nuno

flyingsniffer
07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. Do you plan any modifications:)

Sudesh
07-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on the purchase! Welcome to the club and thanks for sharing your blog, was a nice read. Great to see one of the NSXs coming to the UK, and that's very kind of you to open the car for viewings, to those interested. I'm sure it would be a very welcome sight at any NSX meet, if not ANY good car show throughout the country.

I may have to take a trip over to see it myself!

goldtop
07-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I plan to drive it to the UK. I live 30 miles from gatwick so come and see it if you want. £45 each way with easyjet and you can take your misses to London for the day. Being a senna fan I got outbid on a helmet last year at auction. Now I have a whole car for the price of a helmet.

:) If/when Mercedes ever sell the #11 190E, we'll be fighting over it!

UnhuZ
07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I plan to drive it to the UK. I live 30 miles from gatwick so come and see it if you want. £45 each way with easyjet and you can take your misses to London for the day. Being a senna fan I got outbid on a helmet last year at auction. Now I have a whole car for the price of a helmet.

thanks...and what do you think about we meet up when you pick the car, or if you pass through Lisbon, we meet here?? ;)

eahaeh...

Thanks,
Nuno

scottg
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
So how mush does a Senna crash helmet sell for? I know which I'd rather have on display and it doesn't fit on a shelf!

Senninha
07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Quick question, are you able to retain the origanal reg plates and register on these in the uk?

NSX100
08-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Quick question, are you able to retain the origanal reg plates and register on these in the uk?

No chance. I have brought a French registered car to the UK when I was transferred back to the UK and the rules are simple although perhaps changed now - it was a while ago. You can drive on the foreign plates for a maximum of 1 year but then have to register the car on UK plates. If you have owned the car outside the UK for more than 12 months and can demonstrate this ie as a foreign resident returning to the UK there is nothing to pay - duty, VAT etc. Unfortunately in this case VAT and duty will have to be paid and the 12 month rule may not apply - I think it is 1 month. The UK is one of the few EU countries where you can do this - France is another - but in Scandinavia for example full assessed duty and tax is payable on an imported car even if you have owned it for years when moving there to take up residency. So much for a "Common Market" -each country has their own rules.

Problem Child
08-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Congratulations...............I live in Cheshire but love to come to any proposed unveiling oportunity .....I wonder if Geoff still has his hose pipe for photo shoot.

Kingsley

LOL, Kingsley....Maybe this will put an end to the colour debate.....this proves that red is best!!! End of debate

WhyOne?
08-11-2013, 09:54 AM
....Maybe this will put an end to the colour debate.....this proves that red is best!!! End of debate

But when left to his own devises, Ayrton chose to buy a black car.

goldtop
08-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately in this case VAT and duty will have to be paid

Eh? There will be no duty or VAT to pay when Senna's car is imported from Portugal!

WhyOne?
08-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Eh? There will be no duty or VAT to pay when Senna's car is imported from Portugal!

Agreed.

HMRC:
Second-hand vehicles
If you're bringing into the UK a second-hand vehicle, you don't have to pay VAT - as long as you paid VAT in another EU country when you bought it, but you must still complete a NOVA notification to HMRC within 14 days of the vehicle arrival.

goldtop
08-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Lost out on the helmet - there's always this at the NEC Classic auctions: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/ayrton-senna-race-suit-2558

For those who can't afford that: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/senna-cap

(Same auction has one of Fangio's personal cars)

kingsley
08-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Geoff

I was wondering where you were...............You know I like red.............

Kingsley

LOL, Kingsley....Maybe this will put an end to the colour debate.....this proves that red is best!!! End of debate

Rdevelopments
15-12-2013, 06:53 PM
http://bit.ly/1bRjTjq

Thats rather quick....

Senninha
15-12-2013, 07:18 PM
My blog contains all the information of my trip to purchase the red Senna NSX

http://sennamcf.wordpress.com

not such a dedicated fan perhaps? IMO the actions have potentially reduced its value ....

britlude
15-12-2013, 08:47 PM
hmmm instead of the tiny URL, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331088014523&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en gives a better idea of what's happening...

i'm guessing an awful lot of the deleted posts in this thread were the ones offering viewing opportunities of the hallowed car.

NSXGB
15-12-2013, 09:36 PM
hmmm instead of the tiny URL, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331088014523&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en gives a better idea of what's happening...

i'm guessing an awful lot of the deleted posts in this thread were the ones offering viewing opportunities of the hallowed car.

I think more likely because he mentioned roughly how much he paid for the car...

mjames75
15-12-2013, 11:54 PM
seemed odd from day one! offering viewings to people he never met!

craigdonnelly
16-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Does anyone know how much he originally paid for the car?

flyingsniffer
16-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I would say that he has now worked out the registration problem: without its Portuguese reg, it's not clearly identifiable as Senna's car. But keeping it on the Portuguese reg after 6 months will mean it has to be shipped back there. Or taken off the road.

Fine if you want a museum piece.

Rdevelopments
16-12-2013, 10:29 AM
The car was originally listed for € 80.000,00, (Around £ 66666,00 in GBP). So he's definitely making some money on it if he sells at that price.

nobby
16-12-2013, 10:57 AM
personally I think he is way off on his valuation ... if you wanted an NSX with that sort of cash you'd be looking at a decent NSX-R for that regardless of it being Senna'a
It would if anything be realistically priced based on the price HE paid for it (if you are into that sort if thing)

WhyOne?
16-12-2013, 11:08 AM
As has been demonstrated time and time again (look at prices paid for guitars played by Bob Dylan, George Harrison and Jimi Hendrix recently, or anything at all from the Titanic), memorabilia prices bear no relation to the actual value of the item in question, therefore comparisons with what you could buy for a similar amount of money are futile.

britlude
16-12-2013, 11:09 AM
so to retain the provenance, mileage, history, registration and so on it'll never hit the roads again here.... As it'll need the portugese plates in the boot and huge signage to distinguish it from regular reds.... And i take it a quick sale is not that important, hardly priced to sell!.... Just saying....

goldtop
16-12-2013, 11:39 AM
The car was originally listed for € 80.000,00, (Around £ 66666,00 in GBP). So he's definitely making some money on it if he sells at that price.

Nope - the previous owner's asking price was £80000 (not euros).

And I'm not too fussed about him flipping it. If we really cared, we'd have bought it ourselves. So soon? Well, Internet Search 101 reveals that his company has recently got planning permission for expansion.

As for the cost of this versus an NSX Type R, both are rare and both have their appeal. I'd rather have this car than a Type R.

Rdevelopments
16-12-2013, 01:11 PM

And I'm not too fussed about him flipping it. If we really cared, we'd have bought it ourselves. So soon? Well, Internet Search 101 reveals that his company has recently got planning permission for expansion.

As for the cost of this versus an NSX Type R, both are rare and both have their appeal. I'd rather have this car than a Type R.

Sorry i thought it was € 80000,00 i stand corrected!

britlude
16-12-2013, 05:48 PM

all that post deleting was worthwhile then!!!! ;)

goldtop
16-12-2013, 09:02 PM
all that post deleting was worthwhile then!!!! ;)

:) He forgot that the Internet never forgets!

The Wayback Machine often helps with this sort of thing: http://web.archive.org/web/20131203134613/http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C400296

TheSebringOne
17-12-2013, 12:26 AM
I had to rub my eyes after seeing the asking price !!

TheSebringOne
22-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Now been re-listed & with 6 offers so far!

Does anyone think it will stay in the UK?

Senna red nsx owner
22-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry i have been away, The Senna Car will never be for sale as you can see my replies for enquiries to senna fans on the "Senna Movie Facebook Page" I wanted to raise the profile of the car and got 36,000 views in four days on ebay, 10,000 views on my blog and 5000 likes on the senna movie facebook page. Then someone tried to hack my ebay account and ebay pulled the listing. The stunt worked and the car is now more know now than ever which is what i wanted. The car is retaining the Portugal number plates and registration and will still be kept some time each year in East Sussex. A photographer has just spent two days doing one official photograph of the car from www.ayphoto.co.uk (http://www.ayphoto.co.uk/) and this will be online shortly as well as a new website. After driving the NSX from Portugal i am even thinking of getting another one to use for everyday use. ANY NSX IS A GREAT CAR. For the record i have had offers when i told purchasers i was not selling, for amounts far exceeding what i was asking for it. I paid more than the asking price when i purchased it as someone else was offered more and i could not risk losing it. Having said that i offered the dealer 18 months ago 150,000 euros for it and was turned down and then last month got it for less than that. Any item is worth what someone will pay for it. For me, a total nutter Senna Fan i would have sold a kidney to buy a car he had owned, for "THE NSX" after his black one i would have sold my legs.
This will be kept in my personal showroom and i have had many requests from people to have there photo taken next to the car. As a Senna fan i would do this for any other Senna fan as i think it is a waste for no one else to see it. Also the car will be loaned out to Honda Dealers both now and when the new NSX comes out i the future to display. We are based at www.iwantfurniture.co.uk.

goldtop
23-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Sorry i have been away, The Senna Car will never be for sale as you can see my replies for enquiries to senna fans on the "Senna Movie Facebook Page" I wanted to raise the profile of the car and got 36,000 views in four days on ebay, 10,000 views on my blog and 5000 likes on the senna movie facebook page. Then someone tried to hack my ebay account and ebay pulled the listing. The stunt worked and the car is now more know now than ever which is what i wanted. The car is retaining the Portugal number plates and registration and will still be kept some time each year in East Sussex. A photographer has just spent two days doing one official photograph of the car from www.ayphoto.co.uk (http://www.ayphoto.co.uk/) and this will be online shortly as well as a new website. After driving the NSX from Portugal i am even thinking of getting another one to use for everyday use. ANY NSX IS A GREAT CAR. For the record i have had offers when i told purchasers i was not selling, for amounts far exceeding what i was asking for it. I paid more than the asking price when i purchased it as someone else was offered more and i could not risk losing it. Having said that i offered the dealer 18 months ago 150,000 euros for it and was turned down and then last month got it for less than that. Any item is worth what someone will pay for it. For me, a total nutter Senna Fan i would have sold a kidney to buy a car he had owned, for "THE NSX" after his black one i would have sold my legs.
This will be kept in my personal showroom and i have had many requests from people to have there photo taken next to the car. As a Senna fan i would do this for any other Senna fan as i think it is a waste for no one else to see it. Also the car will be loaned out to Honda Dealers both now and when the new NSX comes out i the future to display. We are based at www.iwantfurniture.co.uk (http://www.iwantfurniture.co.uk).

With your antics here, and your lies in the Ebay/CaC adverts, I genuinely don't know what to make of you.

nobby
23-12-2013, 08:12 AM
+1

Was going to respond to this last night, but thought I was reading it incorrectly (as it was late) and waited to see if anyone else had the same thoughts
so basically what it boils down to is this
a. you are wasting everyone's time by saying its for sale when its NOT
b. you DO this to get a bit of free advertising or cheaper advertising by throwing the link around of your business address by discussing the car

Do everyone a favour and pull the adverts IF the car is genuinely NOT for sale

IF your going to keep the car then advertise it correctly if its going to be kept and stay as a show-piece. IMHO there are other truthful ways of advertising the car

Im sure a number of us would appreciate that you dont come onto this forum blowing about how much you are 'going to get' for the car etc when the car is NOT 'supposedly' for sale

And I dont think coming on here as its a small forum and dedicated to the car itself and confessing to your actual antics is of any interest; certainly not for me and after all it is a public forum so writing this type of stuff does not do you any favours in terms of trust etc

As a supposed 'Senna nut' IMHO your not doin yourself any favours acting like this with his car and any legacy attached to it. To be honest I'm sorry you came back to this forum :(

With your antics here, and your lies in the Ebay/CaC adverts, I genuinely don't know what to make of you.

britlude
23-12-2013, 09:14 AM
so.... a resume

we have the drama and excitement of the Senna car being found.

the drama of the purchase procedure, can it be wrestled from the owner grasp?

then the HURRAH as the purchase goes through, and the car driven back to the dreary shores of Blighty from the sun of Portugal... with invites to come and view sent far and wide.

this is followed by a whole bunch of posts on this thread being deleted and the car popping up on Ebay for £110k with plausable reasons having to sell as a planning permission unexpectedly approved and so on....

so the original listing used as advertising apparently, linking to your blog and your website but not for sale, and was 'pulled' as the ebay account was 'hacked'.. did that include hacking NSXCB and deleting 11 posts?

I say 'original' ebay listing as it's relisted here... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331091250566 still exactly the same, still giving the same reason for unexpected sale.

so in all, well done for getting the car, well done for managing to annoy pretty much everyone on nsxcb, i'm glad you got the Senna car you so desired, no, i'm really not fussed about seeing it, but thanks for the offer

BTW, I have THE Jonathan NSX, pretty sure it's the only one i'll ever own, so even more exclusive than the Senna ones (from the informative blog, he's owned one, had use of 2, and pretty sure he's sat in a white one for the Suzuka lap video, though that might have been early CGI with stunt loafers.)... technically i've owned as many as Senna, if i sit in another 3 i've caught up! James (Papalazarou) is sooooo far ahead of the game it's embarassing!!!

also mine has unique modifications, mainly as i'm not doing them for anyone else, specifically for me by me, so it's custom tweaked one of a kind too!

and finally mine is classy green! we all know how slow red ones are!

:)

oh, and i don't want furniture, but again, thanks for the offer

merry Christmas everyone :)

(i'd include a disclaimer for any facts that may be incorrect, but i'm past caring now!)

nobby
23-12-2013, 09:42 AM
well said mate! :)

so the original listing used as advertising apparently, linking to your blog and your website but not for sale, and was 'pulled' as the ebay account was 'hacked'.. did that include hacking NSXCB and deleting 11 posts?

so in all, well done for getting the car, well done for managing to annoy pretty much everyone on nsxcb, i'm glad you got the Senna car you so desired, no, i'm really not fussed about seeing it, but thanks for the offer

oh, and i don't want furniture, but again, thanks for the offer

Senninha
23-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Looks like I called it right I post #37 ....

great summary Jonathan ....

Sudesh
23-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Just read this whole thing, missed the deleted posts but got the gist of it lol

Well put too Jonathan.

I think I'll look for the white NSX-R Senna dove, it must be worth £500,000+. at this stage, especially as he wore those sunglasses and loafers in it.

WhyOne?
23-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Nowt so queer as folk......and doesn't the internet give them the most tremendous stage to demonstrate this!

Rob_Fenn
23-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Admittedly i have only skim read the threads and blog, but wasn't this just a loaner to Senna, i.e. not actually owned by him?

Anywho. What a bizarre and narcissistic twist! I suppose now is a great time to have anything vaguely Senna related, but i can't imagine your hero will be too proud of you right now 'Senna red nsx owner'.

mjames75
23-12-2013, 09:22 PM
So its not for sale? Shame...wanted to buy it for twice the amount, oh and I need some bar stools (wooden)

Cheers :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rdevelopments
23-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Special, thats the best word for this..

soddy
23-12-2013, 11:48 PM
it's funny, a mate in my work sent me the link to this car on ebay a wee while back saying get it bought.
anyways, i think you have all said what needed to be said and hopefully there will be no more using the site in this manner or annoying the members.

Papalazarou
24-12-2013, 09:40 AM
My opinion; if you're going to play the provenance game, make sure the link is credible. For me it should be black and white. Did he own the car? No. Did he win or compete in this car? No. Did anything of note happen whilst he was driving this car? No. So where's the provenance? Anyway, just my opinion, but let's make it simple. Otherwise the word 'provenance' ceases to mean anything. It's diluted down to its lowest common denominator.

Cheers.

Papalazarou
24-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Sorry, if I'd known I had a new signature (thanks Paul!;-), I'd have written a more positive post!

Cheers.

Problem Child
24-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Sorry, if I'd known I had a new signature (thanks Paul!;-), I'd have written a more positive post!

Cheers.

I am sure EBay would be interested to know about this time wasting stunt, which was also an abuse of their site

goldtop
24-12-2013, 10:01 AM
The link is credible. The most iconic NSX+Senna photo is of this car.

In vintage car circles, the extra accounts from Senna's friends/etc would be extra evidence required that this car was driven frequently by Senna (even if not personally registered to him).

The car and its history isn't the (my) problem.

TheSebringOne
24-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Papa, Pauls given you a new year's resolution! :D

Paul, I like it.

Papalazarou
25-12-2013, 12:49 PM
The link is credible. The most iconic NSX+Senna photo is of this car.

In vintage car circles, the extra accounts from Senna's friends/etc would be extra evidence required that this car was driven frequently by Senna (even if not personally registered to him).

The car and its history isn't the (my) problem.

It's a personal thing I guess. Personally, the whole provenance thing makes me queasy. In the case of anything Senna, it seems bad taste to consciously make capital out the things he's owned, or in this case borrowed. If you're a Senna enthusiast, and you absolutely have to own something of his, despite how tenuous. I properly don't get it. Just seems like a rather contrived departure from real life.
I have a great regard for a number of famous figures, but nothing would make me want to own any of their stuff. We are bombarded by material things from a very young age. Much of it is a crazy waste of time, liberty and money. Why make it into a more contrived game than it already is. Sure appreciation of talent and/or design is a taken. But surely there must also be perspective.
I strongly suspect that everyone on this site will disagree with me. But before anyone refers to my signature. Know that this is the toned down version.

Cheers.

Senna88
25-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I believe in live and let live. Everyone has their own reasons and desires to own the things we have, why hate on other's choices? I've seen everyone here jump on the bandwagon to slate this guy simply because he's trying to make some money. There's plenty of people on here who are making money out of the NSX community behind the scenes, yet because this guy was more obvious in doing it he's taking flak from the very same people! Who are the hypocrites here?

It's this elitist attitude that makes me want to sell mine.

britlude
25-12-2013, 05:31 PM
but he's not selling it... he's just raising it's profile and deleting posts to make the thread look untidy.

:) merry xmas!

Senninha
25-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Cheers.

Merry Christmas Buddy ...

WhyOne?
25-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I believe in live and let live. Everyone has their own reasons and desires to own the things we have, why hate on other's choices? I've seen everyone here jump on the bandwagon to slate this guy simply because he's trying to make some money. There's plenty of people on here who are making money out of the NSX community behind the scenes, yet because this guy was more obvious in doing it he's taking flak from the very same people! Who are the hypocrites here?

It's this elitist attitude that makes me want to sell mine.

Absolutely no problem with him making some money....live and let live as you say.

However, read his post (no 53) carefully - the car was never for actually for sale, he was simply using the eBay ad. to 'raise its profile'.

There lies the problem for many, myself included.

havoc
01-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh for pity's sake, what an egotist!

Problem Child
20-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Rob,

Congratulations on tracking down this NSX and acheiving what must surely be a very special personal goal.

Welcome to NSXCB and for sharing this news with us all. Like many I look forward to meeting you and this cherished piece of NSX, Ayrton and Honda history.

You mention that it may not be driven much ... I do hope you get to enjoy driving it occasionally.

I found your blog very interesting, again thank you for sharing.

Well done and enjoy your new NSX.

regards, Paul

Must be that time of year again....9 NSX's for sale on pistonheads. I only went to look because a friend told me that Ayrton Sennas NSX was up for sale on Pistonheads. COuldn't see it but I did see another 9 for sale...quite a mix of early NA1's and late NA2's

goldtop
20-01-2014, 01:06 PM
The green manual for £26k is the bargain of the bunch.

manisandher
20-01-2014, 06:05 PM
... 9 NSX's for sale on pistonheads.

Only 8 actually - 1 is a 'wanted' ad. And then, only 3 manuals.

How come the charlotte green hasn't sold yet? High mileage I know, but surely a great car for the price. Is its history documented in any threads here?

Mani.

nobby
20-01-2014, 07:04 PM
i agree ... shocking the green one has NOT sold after all this time.

The owner has stated substantial service history and mileage should not be a factor if looked after

TheSebringOne
20-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong but I think the charlotte green is an ex Jaguar car?

soddy
21-01-2014, 11:12 PM
it looks a nice example. maybe that colour is not so popular. i had considered it myself, but thought maybe better going for something more my colour such as red or blue.

nobby
22-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Was not aware of that, I thought the Jaguar mule car that has been discussed on here was silver.

Soddy dont be put off by the colour the green is nice in them and Shane has one of them over here and it looks well. Majority of cars are red and you have little or no chance of getting blue

Has anyone ever went to view this car ... is there obvious reasons why it may not have sold. surely the mileage is NOT turning people of it?

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think the charlotte green is an ex Jaguar car?

craigdonnelly
22-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes the Jaguar car was mine. It is a silver 3.2 Manual with red leather. The reg was R45 TLF and I changed it too R7 NSX.
You can see it on YouTube being driven by Tiff Needal in Old TopGear GT Cars. I wish I hadn't sold it. I have just bought a E60 M5. 8250rpm V10 507bhp.

nobby
22-01-2014, 11:42 AM
U sold an NSX for a beamer ... how can you stoop so LOW!

:(

Yes the Jaguar car was mine. It is a silver 3.2 Manual with red leather. The reg was R45 TLF and I changed it too R7 NSX.
You can see it on YouTube being driven by Tiff Needal in Old TopGear GT Cars. I wish I hadn't sold it. I have just bought a E60 M5. 8250rpm V10 507bhp.

craigdonnelly
22-01-2014, 11:58 AM
No I sold the NSX in 2008-2009 (can't remember exactly) around the credit crunch. Business was very quiet and it was all about survival. However I am happy to say things are better than ever. I am picking up the M5 at the weekend.

nobby
22-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Ohh, OK ... i just jumped the gun and did not read "just bought"

:)

No I sold the NSX in 2008-2009 (can't remember exactly) around the credit crunch. Business was very quiet and it was all about survival. However I am happy to say things are better than ever. I am picking up the M5 at the weekend.

soddy
22-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Soddy dont be put off by the colour the green is nice in them and Shane has one of them over here and it looks well. Majority of cars are red and you have little or no chance of getting blue

Has anyone ever went to view this car ... is there obvious reasons why it may not have sold. surely the mileage is NOT turning people of it?

it looks good with the black alloys, need to see that colour in the flesh so to speak as its darker in some pics, is the owner not on here?
i think it's a case of little money maybe and a good few nsx's coming up, so people needing to free up funds possibly.

there is the red manual above the green one on pistonheads, 74000 miles at £30000 abouts.

mostly autos though, did the orange one sell then?

havoc
22-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm just renewing my agreed value, and the green NA1 is, history-wise, almost a twin of mine. Condition is hard to judge from pics, so call that a draw too - N5 has a couple of cosmetic bits to touch-up once I've finished the mechanical refresh, but mechanically is as sorted as she's been for a long time. Anyone think I'm selling myself short by asking for £25k?

I'm also surprised that the green car is still for sale...to be honest, 4 or 5 of the cars up there have been for sale since November, although most of the ones sitting there are autos.

WhyOne?
23-01-2014, 04:28 PM
....Anyone think I'm selling myself short by asking for £25k?...

Bit of a conundrum really!

I think the consensus here is that the green car is keenly priced (but then arguably, we would, wouldn't we!), but the car hasn't sold.

As the green car is advertised £5 or £10 short of £26k, I personally think that should be the minimum agreed value you should declare Martin.

lotusolly
23-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Martin,

I believe my car is the same age as yours. When I needed my valuation for the insurance at the end of 2012, I contacted my local Honda dealer who provided a value of £29,500 with 93k miles on the clock. The insurance were happy to accept that. I changed insurance companies when i renewed last year and the new company were also happy to accept that valuation.
The valuation should represent the amount you would expect to pay if you had to replace the car with one of equivalent standard. Given the small amount that are ever for sale at one time do you think you could replace your car and bring its maintenance up to the same level for £25k? I think £25k for an average car, £30K for a good fully maintained car is a reasonable window of cost.

Olly

I'm just renewing my agreed value, and the green NA1 is, history-wise, almost a twin of mine. Condition is hard to judge from pics, so call that a draw too - N5 has a couple of cosmetic bits to touch-up once I've finished the mechanical refresh, but mechanically is as sorted as she's been for a long time. Anyone think I'm selling myself short by asking for £25k?

I'm also surprised that the green car is still for sale...to be honest, 4 or 5 of the cars up there have been for sale since November, although most of the ones sitting there are autos.

craigdonnelly
24-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

WhyOne?
24-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Whilst this is of course true, it is not terribly helpful when considering a valuation for an insurance company for an agreed value policy!

craigdonnelly
24-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I wish all insurance company's agreed the value of a car. I have taken Gap Insurance on my new M5 because it will depreciate like Rangers FC shares.

WhyOne?
25-01-2014, 08:55 AM
That is one of the major problems with BMW M cars. I just cannot (physiologically or financially!) cope with that sort of depreciation.

craigdonnelly
25-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Depreciation can be the biggest cost in owning a car but it depends. The deal on the M5 was £22500 for 507bhp V10, 2007, 37k miles, 2 years Approved BMW warranty, serviced, taxed, MOT until Sept '14 and I will get another years MOT until Sept 2015.

the car might loose £6-10k in 2-3 years but I will have trouble free motoring with no big bills to worry about. I could buy a car that will not depreciate but need to spend thousands of repairs or parts.

NSXGB
30-10-2014, 05:28 PM
So, reviving an old post...

Wasn't the black Senna NSX up for auction at the SSC this year? Did anyone see what it went for?

I saw something on Facebook to suggest that the same guy has bought the black one as well now...

WhyOne?
07-11-2014, 11:40 AM
It's popped up for sale again...this time here:
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/car-advert/honda/nsx/1992/254924/

britlude
07-11-2014, 02:30 PM
i am really sooooo past caring if Senna actually sat in it....... :)

L696ULO
07-11-2014, 07:40 PM
At that price I would expect them to have shelled out for a blanking cap in the scuttle!

Senninha
07-11-2014, 09:06 PM
i am really sooooo past caring if Senna actually sat in it....... :)

I agree, and lets be honest, the only one anyone is truly interested in is the white NA1-R he spanked around Suzuka ... thats the one with heritage, whether he owned it or not IMHO ...

UnhuZ
08-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Hi,

Paul, his portuguese red NSX, that it's over there now, was spanked arround Estoril F1 circuit, and in paddock as well
(this last part is documented in a tribute video)

Nuno

Rob_Fenn
11-11-2014, 10:13 PM
I need to find out more about another car - my race team looks after another racer who says it was 'sat in' by Ayrton and it wasn't driven since. Not sure what age or spec of the car is, but should be seeing it next month so will report back!

Pride
12-11-2014, 07:15 AM
It looks as though my car missed an investment trick then as it was once photographed being looked at by one Monsieur Senna in the public car park at Donnington, 93.
I don't know, hind sight is such a wonderful thing don't you think.
It should have been trailered home immediately and stored from view ever again. Lol:)

Come on guys lets get real about these cars, please.

Mistercorn
12-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I have always thought of my car as an unofficial tribute to Senna, as the chassis number ends in 10 and it is a MY2000 car it seems like a clear reference to the 10th September 2000 when Schumacher matched Senna's number of victories in F1 in Monza. I am very proud to be a keeper of the car and will cherish it for future generations.

MC

britlude
12-11-2014, 12:09 PM
There's a bloke called Dave that walks his dog past my car almost every day. Now his dogs brothers owners ex-husbands new squeezes hairdressers regular 'monday wash and blow dry's cousin watched Senna on tv once.... Probably...

Does that count? :)

I've met David Bellamy.... He had a huge beard and was a giant of a man, but then again I was only 10!!!! :)

I've also met George Lucas.... He was shorter and his beard far less impressive :)

lotusolly
12-11-2014, 11:19 PM
There's a bloke called Dave that walks his dog past my car almost every day. Now his dogs brothers owners ex-husbands new squeezes hairdressers regular 'monday wash and blow dry's cousin watched Senna on tv once.... Probably...

Does that count? :)

I've met David Bellamy.... He had a huge beard and was a giant of a man, but then again I was only 10!!!! :)

I've also met George Lucas.... He was shorter and his beard far less impressive :)

At last, something a little less tenuous!!! lol

I have a picture of Senna sat in my NSX but really don't think it justifies any increase in value, just something personal to have.

Olly

Senninha
13-11-2014, 07:04 PM
I would rather have bought the recently sold and bespoke built E-Type owned by Martin Brundle. He featured (at least once) in his track guides on Sky F1, was built to his spec, has his name on the V5 and millions saw him in it at Spa and other circuits.

As for owning a Senna sat in NSX ... waste of cash and forum time, and annoyed by all the BS around finding, buying, keeping and oh what a surprise, selling on to make money on the back of the great man. I may be a little more sympathetic had these individuals put some of their profit back into the foundation ... but I reckon I will get to the moon before this ever happens.

NZNick
13-11-2014, 09:47 PM
I would rather have bought the recently sold and bespoke built E-Type owned by Martin Brundle. He featured (at least once) in his track guides on Sky F1, was built to his spec, has his name on the V5 and millions saw him in it at Spa and other circuits.

As for owning a Senna sat in NSX ... waste of cash and forum time, and annoyed by all the BS around finding, buying, keeping and oh what a surprise, selling on to make money on the back of the great man. I may be a little more sympathetic had these individuals put some of their profit back into the foundation ... but I reckon I will get to the moon before this ever happens.

Well said !!