PDA

View Full Version : Headlight washer tank

nigel
11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
OK lads, i'm finally having a go at installing my headlight washer system and I have a rookie question for you.

Per the maintenance manual, I need to tear all the bumper bits apart to get to the bumper beam, to get it off, to get to the washer tank. From my past experience with my Prelude 4WS there's no need in all the disassembly just to remove the bumper to get to the front end. A few strategically placed bolts and off it goes.
Is there a shortcut to get the bumper/bumper beam off as a complete assembly or should I follow the manual bit by bit?
I do realize I have to remove the Bumper Cover in order to install the spray nozzles when I can get their exact location to drill for the nozzle/fluid hoses.

I have had the rear bumper off and it was fiddly but not difficult at all. I assume the front will be the same, just want to break apart as little as possible.
Less taken apart, less chance for c*ck ups going together / i'm lazy.

After having a quick look over this shouldn't be a tough job but if I had a copy of the UK Market Service Manual it might help placing the wiring and relay in the correct position.
On Prime there is a link to access the USDM "Acura" Service Manual which I have on my memory stick and i'm wondering if anyone could give me a link for a UKDM "Honda" Service Manual?

Cheers
nigel

Basicly

TheSebringOne
11-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Nigel, good luck on finally getting those elusive headlamp jets!
Its been a very long time coming!

nigel
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the encouragement.
When Sudesh sold me the tank he left the connectors and some wire so i'm off to the scrap yard for the proper wire colours and it should be a straight forward job.
It would be nice to finally have a UK Service Manual.
I'm sure the blokes over here will wonder what "those two black things up on the top of the front bumper skin are"?

Cheers
nigel

Cheers
nigel

unclebob
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Strange why you'd want the washers, ive always found the jdm look without washers to be much better, but then ive always found the faired in headlamps on the 02+ (sorry facelift owners!) just look awful, each to their own eh?

nigel
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I plan on painting the nozzle jets GPW to match the car colour so they won't be quite so noticeable but mainly because i'm trying to create a UK optioned car.

Cheers
nigel