PDA

View Full Version : Help test drive

NicoS
09-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi everybody. I'm wondering is there anybody who lives near Bedford who can take a look at a car for me, and maybe take it for a test drive to compare with their own. I live quite far away so wanna check if it's worth going to have a look in person, and I have no previous experience with nsx's so have nothing to compare with. Thanks guys.

goldtop
09-08-2013, 10:23 AM
If this is the repaired orange 3.2, there are a few threads here that cover the accident, the then-owner's opinion, and the most recent restoratio/respray work.

NicoS
09-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeh it is, I've looked through all of Danny's restoration thread, by all accounts the finished job is fantastic as most people on the thread seem to agree. I'm just wondering can anybody who owns a nsx themselves do a comparison test drive to see if it drives straight and true. Externally I don't really have any big issues with the car. :) Also other than Danny's restoration thread, I don't know of these threads which cover the accident before he bought it. Can somebody direct me? I've tried PM Danny but I'm not sure if he still comes on the board.

NSXGB
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi Nico, your other option is to get an AA or RAC check done on your behalf. A little pricey maybe but maybe worth it for peace of mind?

AR
11-08-2013, 07:34 PM
End of the day as said here many times over, it is worth what it is worth to you.

Is it worth buying a car that's the automotive equivalent of dating a has been glamour model???

WhyOne?
11-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I really don't think that is a terribly accurate or helpful analogy Ary.

AR
12-08-2013, 03:40 AM
I was only referring to that particular NSX.

Senninha
12-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Prior to the original accident I understand that this was a sound NSX with good history. Whilst the original qork was not of a particularly high standard as noted by many, Danny's work and the team that he employed invested much time and energy to putting this NSX back into the best of health.

With these cars becoming harder to find, a well documented refreshed NSX should make a sound investment if you are looking for long term ownership. I would agree with NSXGB, if the distance is an issue for you, then an independent AA\RAC inspection would make sense. I believe you can ask them to look for specifics over and above thier 'standard' assesment.

Best of luck

goldtop
12-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Prior to the original accident I understand that this was a sound NSX with good history. Whilst the original qork was not of a particularly high standard as noted by many, Danny's work and the team that he employed invested much time and energy to putting this NSX back into the best of health.

With these cars becoming harder to find, a well documented refreshed NSX should make a sound investment if you are looking for long term ownership. I would agree with NSXGB, if the distance is an issue for you, then an independent AA\RAC inspection would make sense. I believe you can ask them to look for specifics over and above thier 'standard' assesment.

Best of luck00

Fair enough, but didn't forumite mjames have the red facelift inspected before visiting to buy? IIRC, he said he turned up and within seconds of seeing it could see it was misaligned.

In Danny's thread on the IOP, the one thing I was hoping to see shown (but which wasn't) was some evidence of the actual previous repair quality itself. If that were shown well enough that Kaz/others could look and say "yes, that looks like it was done according to Honda spec" then it would help people be more confident in the car. I popped in to see this IOP a couple of weeks ago, but it was not there.