PDA

View Full Version : NSX gets another wee mention here

Sudesh
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28223

NSX100
08-08-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28223

I am not sure I would want that comparison of the NSX to the Zero to be taken too far - light, maneuverable and fast true. But by late 1942 the US Hellcats, Wildcats et al were shooting down Zeros like grouse in August. Because they were so light hence fast and maneuverable they had no armour and the Americans quickly learned tactics that enabled them to put a couple of rounds into the unprotected cockpit or fuel tanks. Is there a single American car that anyone could even think could take on an NSX? No. Interesting article though about a truly fascinating individual who is, I believe, still alive.

goldtop
08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I am not sure I would want that comparison of the NSX to the Zero to be taken too far - light, maneuverable and fast true. But by late 1942 the US Hellcats, Wildcats et al were shooting down Zeros like grouse in August. Because they were so light hence fast and maneuverable they had no armour

Well, as analogies go it's not bad. We know now that the NSX's famed light weight means that it's so flimsy that it's often written off in relatively minor accidents.

As for what US car could beat for the NSX, I can't think of one (I've no interest in US cars), but for a car from the UK that would, there's the Macca F1/etc.

Sudesh
08-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Is there a single American car that anyone could even think could take on an NSX?

Depends on what you men by take on, but in supercar territory I always fancied one of these, if they RHD and available in the UK, might not have bought the Diablo.

http://fastestlaps.com/photos/_Vector_Wiegert_W8_TwinTurbo.jpg

britlude
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
...words fail me.....

Sudesh
08-08-2013, 07:13 PM
...words fail me.....

lol it's not that bad surely? Apparently build quality wasnp pretty poor, no surprise there I guess.

soddy
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
sudesh you have been watching too many tron type sci fi movies lol.
at least you would have turned heads...

Sudesh
08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
sudesh you have been watching too many tron type sci fi movies lol.
at least you would have turned heads...

Yeah your probably right lol, old TV series Automan comes to mind too.

The vector was actually in an old Movie with Sean Connery called Rising Sun.

nobby
08-08-2013, 07:36 PM
NSX expert and now film buff (albeit taste in movies ???) :)

Yeah your probably right lol, old TV series Automan comes to mind too.

The vector was actually in an old Movie with Sean Connery called Rising Sun.

havoc
08-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Well, as analogies go it's not bad. We know now that the NSX's famed light weight means that it's so flimsy that it's often written off in relatively minor accidents.

NSX not that light, not once you factor the ally body into account. Compare with the (similarly equipped, similarly-practical) Boxster-S. And I think the writing-off is more due to the cost of ally repairs not the flimsyness of the body - it feels more robustly built than any other car I've owned.

If he'd picked a Type-R or a Mitsubishi Evo, then he'd have been a lot closer - they feel more made out of tin-cans than the NSX does.

nobby
08-08-2013, 07:50 PM
stick with the 'bull' in your life when compared to this ... thats a heartbreak waitin to happen ... surely?!

Depends on what you men by take on, but in supercar territory I always fancied one of these, if they RHD and available in the UK, might not have bought the Diablo.

http://fastestlaps.com/photos/_Vector_Wiegert_W8_TwinTurbo.jpg

TheSebringOne
08-08-2013, 07:57 PM
At least you can say these are different & ultra rare compared to the NSX!

As said before, stick to the bull Sudesh.

Sudesh
08-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Ha ha!

Im not the man with a cinema in the house lol

NSX expert and now film buff (albeit taste in movies ???) :)

Sudesh
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
At least you can say these are different & ultra rare compared to the NSX!

As said before, stick to the bull Sudesh.

Its not going anywhere for a long while, already putting my own touches on it.

nobby
08-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I do like the movies and my av ... But when it comes to knowing cars in them, u seem to be the man ;)

Ha ha!

Im not the man with a cinema in the house lol

soddy
09-08-2013, 11:30 PM
automan lol, very good. you'd need a few blue neon lights though.