PDA

View Full Version : Crank Pullet tool needed?

Ian.M
19-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I am going to change the cam belt on my car in the next couple of weeks. Do I need the Honda crank pulley tools - handle and wrench?

I do not have air tools.

If I do need them, can anyone lend or hire me them? OR tell me where to buy them and suggest the cost.

I have read the advice on Prime by Gary Kentosh and I think I have everything I need. I have done cam belt jobs on a range of cars before including 308s (Dino).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Ian

Ian.M
23-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the interest those that have looked at the above post.

I have ordered the Honda tools from Dali, so if anyone else needs them I can help out.

Ian

simonprelude
23-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Ian, I have the tools to remove the crank from the S2000 but would think the part is going to be very different.

Have you completed the order with dali yet, if not shipped do you have the links to the parts on the website, I can have a look then ??

I have tried to find out if the parts are the same with no luck.

NSXGOD
27-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Ian, I have the tools to remove the crank from the S2000 but would think the part is going to be very different.

Have you completed the order with dali yet, if not shipped do you have the links to the parts on the website, I can have a look then ??

I don't have a picture of the special crank tool posted, Ians' is the first I've shipped. When it comes in I will get a pic of it. The local dealer has several nut sizes for different cars that all plug into the same torque handle.

simonprelude
27-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Mine is a bodget and see with a large nut welded on a long pole, well that's what it looks like, apparently the legit Honda tool though ??

I don't have a picture of the special crank tool posted, Ians' is the first I've shipped. When it comes in I will get a pic of it. The local dealer has several nut sizes for different cars that all plug into the same torque handle.

NSXGOD
27-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Mine is a bodget and see with a large nut welded on a long pole, well that's what it looks like, apparently the legit Honda tool though ??

not unless they make more than one version, the USA tool has a universal handle and interchangable nut driver ends that bolt on.

simonprelude
27-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh well as long as it does the job on the S2000 (here's hoping, it's done 3 anyway already)

not unless they make more than one version, the USA tool has a universal handle and interchangable nut driver ends that bolt on.

NSXGOD
27-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh well as long as it does the job on the S2000 (here's hoping, it's done 3 anyway already)

"Whatever Works" :mrgreen: