PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Coil Packs. Full set of 6 brand new!

jaffaz32
01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Guess what? my car is not OBD2!! fail!

These are now for sale, brand new and never fitted.

Please make sure these are the correct coil packs for your car and do not make the same mistake as myself.

These are Honda Coil Packs. Full set of 6 for a OBD2 car which i believe is 1997+ please check for yourself. They are a 3 pin type plug, the earlier versions are only 2 pin as i found out.

These retails for over £130 each in the UK.
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SW051&block_02=E__0500&block_03=21611

Make me a offer.

Chris.

kingsley
02-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Jaffaz32,

Confused..........The link for Lings above shows FR as 30520PR7A03 and RR as 30521PR7A03 NSX 2003 Model . On Lings site these are exactly the same part number for a 1996 model.

I have a full new set with 3 pins which I believed were for 1996 model.....or are they....... the only number I can see on them is TC-22A

Kingsley

NSXGB
02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Lings looks wrong to me. The later coil packs I believe should have a similar part number but ending with -A33. The -A33 ones are also £152.15 each from Lings.

Someone else may be able to confirm but I thought the difference between the coil packs was NA1 & NA2, nothing to do with OBD?

duncan
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
The earlier cars have a 2 pin connector, the later a 3 pin connector, my understanding is that the additional pin provides feed-back to the ECU as to whether the coil pack is working correctly. See 2 attached extracts from the service manual. OBD2 was implemented with US cars prior to the NA2 hence potential confusion.
My question is can you use the later 3 pin coils with only 2 pins connected?

kingsley
02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks NSXGB and Duncan. I have not taken mine off to check . I have a full new set with 3 pin connectors for according to LINGS for a NA1 1996 NSX....... If only 2 pin will work I to have wrong set......
Great..................

Kingsley

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Hope Chris won’t be annoyed for turning his ‘Sale’ thread into slightly off line discussion but
I hope following info will support his sale as well as the potential buyer for the clarification on
which type of IG coil is being used on one’s NSX.

Please note that the information below is based on
UK models and may not be the case for the different country models
especially, if your NSX is US/Canada spec.

-A33 IG coil is 3pin style and as Duncan mentioned, it is part of the misfire detection system.
For UK model, it was introduced around 2000 model.
Best to look at your existing IG coil and check the number of pins.
Or, if you have this misfire detection module inside the engine bay near the ACG,
then you are almost certain to be using the 3pin –A33 version.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-h1y7fypz_GM/UO1ZHTRmepI/AAAAAAAAHd0/IDHebO_giqQ/s640/IMG_0256.JPG

For pre-2000 UK model, you are very likely to be using the 2pin style –A03 version.
Earlier models were using –A02 but it was superseded to –A03.
I think there was minor change in the spring rate inside the tube but not sure.
If you don’t see the above misfire detection module inside your engine bay,
then you are very likely to be using 2pin style -A02 or –A03 version.
Again, best to check your existing IG coil for the number of pin used.

Please note that the misfire detection module was modified over the years for
other country models so once again, the information here is only for the UK model.

Regarding the compatibility of 2pin and 3pin coils.....

I have never looked at the exact specification but I don’t think it is cost effective.
Although you can buy set of 6 x 3pin IG coil + 6 x spark plug at unbelievable price in US
using the part no. 06300-PR7-305,
you need to source the 3pin connector for the adaptor loom.

The 3pin style –A33 coil is taller than the 2pin one so even if you just want to
convert one IG coil into 3pin style, you still need to source the later spec
IG coil cover for that bank (front/rear).

Recently, I purchased the 2pin –A03 IG coil in Japan and it was about GBP60
before leaving there.
It is very unlikely that you need to replace all three IG coils at one bank
(most likely to be at the rear one) or all six at the same time so
I don’t see much benefit in doing this conversion.

Hope the potential buyer will select the correct IG coil based on the above info.

Kaz

duncan
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks again Kaz, my query was indeed prompted by the US plug and coil set price, but if the 3 pin coil won't fit under the earlier covers I have an answer.

jaffaz32
22-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the information.

The link to Lings Honda was purely to show which part is for sale. Don't go by their years quoted.

These are a 3 pin version for the later Nsx as Kaz has shown.

This is the mistake i made and why they are for sale. I need the 2 pin version and not the 3 pin which i had purchased.

jaffaz32
02-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Genuine Honda parts, now one ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Nsx-Coil-Packs-Ignition-Ignitor-Packs-Full-Set-Of-6-Genuine-Brand-New-/111223810539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e574a9eb (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Nsx-Coil-Packs-Ignition-Ignitor-Packs-Full-Set-Of-6-Genuine-Brand-New-/111223810539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e574a9eb)

jaffaz32
31-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Still have these for sale.

Not sure how much to ask.

I bought them in error thinking they were the correct ones for my car. So never fitted.

Just been sitting around for a while, still boxed.

Sensible offers considered.

Actually, i just followed the ebay link above from 2013. Was asking £310 posted within UK for the entire set.

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi, jaffaz32. Don't want to disturb your sell but you may struggle with that price....

You can get 6 x IG coil (3pin spec) + 6 x Spark Plug from Acura dealer on ebay at about GBP205 inc. delivery/tax/duty through ebay's Global shipping program so no extra cost to be paid on delivery in UK....
Obviously, someone may need them urgently so having them already within UK is advantageous.
Good luck with the sell :)

Kaz

jaffaz32
17-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Hi, jaffaz32. Don't want to disturb your sell but you may struggle with that price....

You can get 6 x IG coil (3pin spec) + 6 x Spark Plug from Acura dealer on ebay at about GBP205 inc. delivery/tax/duty through ebay's Global shipping program so no extra cost to be paid on delivery in UK....
Obviously, someone may need them urgently so having them already within UK is advantageous.
Good luck with the sell :)

Kaz

Just checked, your correct $341 all in through ebay.com. which using XE comes to £226 with todays rate, paypal wouldn't give as good rate but to give an idea.

I might even have a set of new oem spark plugs i could throw in but would need to clarify this.

Chris.