PDA

View Full Version : The "last one" for sale

tomski998
12-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

You have probably all seen this already,it is for sale at auction this month.....

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/2005-honda-nsx-targa

Cheers Tom

mjames75
12-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Very nice car, seen it in the flesh, very clean, perhaps a bit too clean...having all the underseal cleaned off may not be a good thing....

Rob_Fenn
24-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes, from what i have heard it is OTT clean! Bet it doesn't make a (high) reserve.

nobby
25-07-2013, 07:15 PM
It might be super duper clean, but as Kaz has stated many times in his health checks and other forum users can testify, unused or low mileage engines and a FHSH cause more problems or need more work than those cars that are used.

if this car is heading into a collection then fair enuff but if perspective new owner wants to drive they may have to spend even more on the car! :(

soddy
25-07-2013, 07:22 PM
not good to let any car sit about is right. they are built to be driven. :)

andy300
26-07-2013, 09:24 AM
hi guys just some info on my car ,this car has been looked after by kaz and i hope if sold will still be taken to him as imo the best person to look after any nsx , and warmed up the right way every week and used and checked weekly not for far, but enough to check all is ok , and yes horrible black underseal is gone and then coated in a clear underseal material so will last and look nice and new looking for a long while , andy

NSXGB
26-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Do you have a 'Buy it Now' price :)

hi guys just some info on my car ,this car has been looked after by kaz and i hope if sold will still be taken to him as imo the best person to look after any nsx , and warmed up the right way every week and used and checked weekly not for far, but enough to check all is ok , and yes horrible black underseal is gone and then coated in a clear underseal material so will last and look nice and new looking for a long while , andy

andy300
26-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Do you have a 'Buy it Now' price :)

yes if someone would like to know please pm me

NSX 2000
26-07-2013, 09:39 PM
yes if someone would like to know please pm me

Hi Andy, we did have someone come upto the NSXCB stand at SSC to ask about your car, if I see them tomorrow, i'll let them know to look on here first.

Paul

Sudesh
28-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Supposedly sold for £80k

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/2005-honda-nsx-targa

britlude
28-07-2013, 08:35 PM
was told it went for a hammer price of £70k plus commission and taxes! Which adds up to the £80.5k

Alpinestars
28-07-2013, 08:58 PM
was told it went for a hammer price of £70k plus commission and taxes! Which adds up to the £80.5k

Ignore my post. Just realised my schoolboy error. 70k net, 80.5 gross.

TheSebringOne
28-07-2013, 11:25 PM
That is pretty impressive in the UK or may be not globally (US aside)?

So it went for the top end of the estimate of between £60K to £70K plus add ons,
which suggest to me, no one wanted to pay more than £70K or its a co-incidence?

NSXGB
29-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Well done Andy, that's an impressive result.

NZNick
29-07-2013, 06:14 AM
This sold for more in pure cash terms than the car cost in 2005, and almost the same as some similar cars are being advertised for now in Japan. Wonder if it will stay in the UK or if it is headed home?
Both Andy and auction house did well with this!!

Papalazarou
29-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Please feel free to shoot me down. But isn't £80K, £80K?

I know there are extra cost associated with auctions. But isn't the end cost the price the purchaser was willing to pay?

Hence, the car sold for £80K.

Cheers.

unclebob
29-07-2013, 11:37 AM
i agree with papalazarou! 80k is 80k!

goldtop
29-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Just goes to show that there's a time and a place to sell, and the SSC was it. Wasn't the car up for £65k before the owner decided on the auction? Well played!

nobby
29-07-2013, 01:16 PM
excellent result for the owner!

Sonic
29-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Stunning car! Congratulations to the owner. Seems quite amusing considering how few were sold in 2005 as they were considered too expensive. Now they are selling for more than they were new!

TheSebringOne
29-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Yep, I agree £80K is £80K! :D

Sudesh
29-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Please feel free to shoot me down. But isn't £80K, £80K?

I know there are extra cost associated with auctions. But isn't the end cost the price the purchaser was willing to pay?

Hence, the car sold for £80K.

Cheers.

Yip! Totally agree

Rob_Fenn
31-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Fascinating. It has been for sale on and off for a long time, and never sold. Yet, at an auction, sells for far more!

I'd love to know more about the purchaser; whether it was a guy on whim who was entranced by the story told by the auctioneers, or simply someone who still uses the Yellow Pages over the internet and therefore hasn't seen an NSX for sale for a good while?!

I'd be interested to know if this sets a precedent for cars in general; does a car normally achieve classic car status just 8 years after production? Surely the first non-hypercar to up in value so quickly.

goldtop
31-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I think you're probably right: whoever bought it doesn't really buy cars in the same way as most of us do by scouring PH/AT/etc.

The SSC auction surely has a LOT of moneyed-up attendees: the independently wealthy, old racers, car collectors, etc. A perfect place to sell something so interesting and hard to find. Would love to have been there to see if the same bidders were also bidding on other things.

Or perhaps some squillionaire's 458 had burned to the ground in the queue on the way in, and he desperately needed something to drive home. ;)

britlude
31-07-2013, 05:01 PM
i'd be very surprised if we see it again!

drmikey
31-07-2013, 08:07 PM
There is a lot of investment interest at the moment with the launch of the new one.

NZNick
31-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I can understand investing in a late facelift 02+ type R or Type S, but not in a standard NSX. Buying to drive, yes, investing for the return, no.

Papalazarou
01-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I can understand investing in a late facelift 02+ type R or Type S, but not in a standard NSX. Buying to drive, yes, investing for the return, no.

Why not? It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Especially when the cars you mention are inaccessible to the majority of owners. From all the signs of late, the standard car is a great investment. Your 'standard' facelift car is worth £20K more than it was three years ago. Older cars have also seen useful gains.
Maybe not so much in the states, but certainly in the RHD markets, where good examples are hard to find and the Yen makes export prohibitive.

mjames75
01-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Why not? It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Especially when the cars you mention are inaccessible to the majority of owners. From all the signs of late, the standard car is a great investment. Your 'standard' facelift car is worth £20K more than it was three years ago. Older cars have also seen useful gains.
Maybe not so much in the states, but certainly in the RHD markets, where good examples are hard to find and the Yen makes export prohibitive.

Tell us Papa....hows the Silver one then? we knew you'd be back!!

Agreed with James here however, Standard late cars are very hard to find....

Papalazarou
01-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Tell us Papa....hows the Silver one then? we knew you'd be back!!

Agreed with James here however, Standard late cars are very hard to find....

Hi Mike,

No, not me. I've currently got a red 03 facelift sat in the garage.

Cheers.

Sonic
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I think it's sad when cars start to be purchased purely for investment reasons. Hopefully this NSX hasn't been bought to be locked away!

mjames75
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi Mike,

No, not me. I've currently got a red 03 facelift sat in the garage.

Cheers.

Nice, didn't know you got another! well done!

havoc
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Sonic - agree in principle, but if this was one of the final ones and it's still minimal-mileage, then it represents the other 'bookend' to the Honda UK car - the first and the last (or nearly so). So in that regard it's got historical and therefore collector's interest. And it might be nice in future to have a properly-preserved one.

Still surprised at the price, but the buyer obviously thought it worthwhile...

andy300
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
the nsx is going to be staying in the uk , it is now with a collector , so hopefully it will be seen again ,, thanks to all on here for the comments on the nsx i owned , it was the 4 nsx i have had and buy far the best one , i was sad to see it go but sometimes needs must , i am glad it seems to be going to a good home and staying in the uk , and i,m sure i will buy another at some point in the near future , , if anyone is interested i have a set of tyres for a nsx , they are 4 years old but look like new , if anyone could use them pm me , thanks andy