PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for servicing

Squirejo
30-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone. I'd like to give my car a full service, fluid change etc but haven't a clue where best to go. I need to check the records to we when cam belt and valve/ tappers or whatnot are next needed but assuming nothing major it would be sensible to have oil, coolant, brake fluid changed. Where do you go with these cars that is recognised as respectable?

Geographically 2 areas work for me- london and outskirts or Cotswolds.
Thanks in advance.

Squirejo
05-07-2013, 09:44 PM
65 views on the main nsx forum and no one can tell me where to get some basic work done that will add and no detract from the service book? Throw me a bone here!

plans Motorsport still know what they are doing?
some honda dealer?

nicjwin
06-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Norton Way Honda Letchworth ,Mine has been serviced there for 11 years . Very good knowledge , just had all water pipes replaced and cv joint repacked and new boots.15 years old so just preventative maintenance.

Squirejo
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you!

markc
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
... assuming nothing major it would be sensible to have oil, coolant, brake fluid changed. Where do you go with these cars that is recognised as respectable?

Any old Halfords Autocentre... how hard can it be :)

Mattdc5
07-07-2013, 09:03 AM
How about TGM?

Squirejo
07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
@mattdc5 - what's TCM? I don't think Halfrauds auto centre sends the right image that a car has been well looked after. Preservation of value as important as a job well done.

Senna88
08-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Norton Way Honda Letchworth ,Mine has been serviced there for 11 years . Very good knowledge , just had all water pipes replaced and cv joint repacked and new boots.15 years old so just preventative maintenance.

How much did they charge for that? Can you check what the labour charge was please?

britlude
08-07-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't think Halfrauds auto centre sends the right image that a car has been well looked after. Preservation of value as important as a job well done.

from previous threads honda service doesn't guarantee 'well looked after' either!

sorepaws
09-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Johnson's Honda Milton Keynes have so far done a good job on my NSX. I think they have one or two other regular NSX owners that use them. One of their technicians is a previously "certified" NSX tech. I have always found them helpful especially given the rather bespoke servicing requirements of an aging car. I usually try and speak to Vic the service manager.

I would add that if Jonathan would let me pay him I would have him service it for me :-)

Mattdc5
09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
@mattdc5 - what's TCM? I don't think Halfrauds auto centre sends the right image that a car has been well looked after. Preservation of value as important as a job well done.

TGM - Tom Gannon Motorsport. I used to take my DC5 there along with most other Type R owners in the South. Very good service and reasonably priced.

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/

Squirejo
09-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Great, thanks all. Indeed honda dealer is not really the plac for a car that resembles nothing else honda make and has been out of production for years.

rkanaga
10-07-2013, 03:37 PM
65 views on the main nsx forum and no one can tell me where to get some basic work done that will add and no detract from the service book? Throw me a bone here!

plans Motorsport still know what they are doing?
some honda dealer?

Plans have looked after my NSX for the past 6 or 7 years and have always provided a good service. Importantly they are creative when bits need refreshing and are happy to refurbish brackets, mounts etc rather than simply suggesting expensive replacements from Honda UK. They also are happy to order bits in from Dali where that makes sense.

Give Graham Horgan a ring and I'm sure they can sort you out.

Nick Graves
10-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Norton Way Honda Letchworth is nearer the Chilterns than the Cotswolds. Or London for that matter.

But the Service Manager, Bryan Smith, is an NSX enthusiast and that counts for a lot.

Kaz is probably a tad busy right now...

Problem Child
10-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Johnson's Honda Milton Keynes have so far done a good job on my NSX. I think they have one or two other regular NSX owners that use them. One of their technicians is a previously "certified" NSX tech. I have always found them helpful especially given the rather bespoke servicing requirements of an aging car. I usually try and speak to Vic the service manager.

I would add that if Jonathan would let me pay him I would have him service it for me :-)

Johnsons Honda Mk "NSX technician" has moved to their Oxford branch...still part of Johnsons though