PDA

View Full Version : CD changer

Trident
13-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi All,

I am nearing the end of my quest to restore the Bose sound system to it's original glory!! The last issue I have is that on my '91 car the connector emerges in the boot on the L/H side whereas all the CD players I have seen are mounted on the R/H side.
As the electric aerial is on the L/H side there is no room for the CD.
Also the mounting lugs on the R/H side don't line up with the brackets on the CD.
Does anyone know what the story is? Is it because the CD was not fitted to early cars or some other reason?

Cheers

Trident

duncan
14-03-2006, 01:50 PM
On purchase, my car came with a retro fitted alpine cd player [S630?], a Honda garage charging a previous lucky owner a grand plus for plonking it without an extension lead in the adjacent semi circular cut out in the boot. So a flat tyre couldn't be carried but the cd player could fill with water when the boot lid opened. If you are going to retro fit a cd using a factory fold down bracket, the Dali site has a pdf of the factory mount instructions. I advertised for a second hand bracket but to no avail. In the end fabricated my own bracket that fixes to the 4 top-hat stand off brackets that are behind the carpet in the os wing, with the cd player being rear hinged such that it swings out to give a clearance to allow the disc cartridge to eject. If you a purchasing an Alpine S634a [plays mp3 format ] the interconnect lead [#KCA-130B] from their Ai-net to M-bus cofiguration suffices as the extension lead.