PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a connector below my seat :(

28-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.....i am trying to find out how i can buy the socket bit of the harness below the seat? It is the harness that controls the electric. It is the grey bit in the picture that i am looking for. Trying to source two of them, one for each seat.

Would any one happen to know a part number for this?

Thanks for any help :)

Cheers,

Andy11807

Sudesh
28-05-2013, 06:58 PM
There is a good chance you could find this plug on other Honda models, worth a trip to a local breakers and snip a couple off, along with a good length of cable.

I remember making a few harnesses up for the 3rd brake light for people, and got the plugs I needed from a civic. Guy at the breakers didnt even want money for them.

28-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks Sudesh,

i will see what I can find. I guess then by the sounds of it that they are not really available to buy of the shelf then?

Cheers,

Andy

Sudesh
28-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks Sudesh,

i will see what I can find. I guess then by the sounds of it that they are not really available to buy of the shelf then?

Cheers,

Andy

Not sure Andy, never looked for them from Honda before.

28-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Sudesh,

I went into Honda and we couldn't find the part or anything related to it. Even if we typed in my chassis number and also generically.

Cheers,

Andy

Sudesh
28-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi Sudesh,

I went into Honda and we couldn't find the part or anything related to it. Even if we typed in my chassis number and also generically.

Cheers,

Andy

If you did find it on the Honda parts system, it would probably come as an empty shell, you then need to order the pins and of course add your own wiring.

Breakers is much simpler lol

Dirk could possibly help you too!

28-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks Sudesh,

How can I contact Dirk?

Cheers,

Andy

Sudesh
28-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks Sudesh,

How can I contact Dirk?

Cheers,

Andy

Go here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10690-02-NSX-seats-and-steering-wheel-for-sale

Send him a PM

Kaz-kzukNA1
28-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi, Andy.

Exactly what do you want to achieve?

If you can clarify your purpose and also exactly what you want (number of terminals, male/female, location, etc) then I may be able to get it from Japan.

Based on your photo, it's the Sumitomo 090 non-WPC HD series 4 pin but not sure whether you are after the plug or the socket or both.
HD series is discontinued so I need to check the availability first.

If you just need to establish the connection, then you have lots of options by using other connectors.
You can find suitable connectors at Maplin or order it through RS, Farnell, Digikey, etc.

Kaz

28-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Go here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10690-02-NSX-seats-and-steering-wheel-for-sale

Send him a PM

Thanks Sudesh

28-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi, Andy.

Exactly what do you want to achieve?

If you can clarify your purpose and also exactly what you want (number of terminals, male/female, location, etc) then I may be able to get it from Japan.

Based on your photo, it's the Sumitomo 090 non-WPC HD series 4 pin but not sure whether you are after the plug or the socket or both.
HD series is discontinued so I need to check the availability first.

If you just need to establish the connection, then you have lots of options by using other connectors.
You can find suitable connectors at Maplin or order it through RS, Farnell, Digikey, etc.

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

I managed to get hold of a pair of pretty much mint condition seats. Unfortunately when I took the old one out at the weekend and put the new ones in, they had the harness end cut.

My intention is to put the new seats in, take my old ones out, which are slightly worn and get these refurbished whilst I have the new seats in temporarily.

So the photo I have put up shows the underside of my seat with the connector I am looking for and would need two of these I guess, one for each seat.

Is the grey piece in the picture a standard socket? SOrry for sounding untechnical.

Cheers Kaz - Hope you and the wife are doing well and it was a shame I couldnt catch up with you at Japfest.

Cheers,

Andy