PDA

View Full Version : PAS Upgrade

Senninha
12-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Advice please.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything with regards to upgrading the early non PAS models to PAS.

Has anyone completed this upgrade? Or can anyone offer any advice as to just how much work would be involved, what components would be needed and any thoughts on the costs involved please?

(Would need to upgrade due to an earlier injury :roll: )

Thanx in advance

Mr_Spanners
13-03-2006, 06:50 PM
The only issue as I can see is whether the EPS ECU works independantly of the Main ECU? If it does, then it'd be a case of 'just' swapping the electric steering rack and EPS ECU\wiring into your car. Not sure if the non-PAS steering column will slot straight into the EPS rack but a quick look through the workshop manual should clarify that!?

~Phil.

Senninha
13-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks Phil,

From what I've found so far it is a rack change plus some elctronic sensors and wiring.

I did manage to find some info on Prime which suggests looking for an auto 'dona' as the ratio's are the same as the 91-94, therefore retaining driving feel/response above the 25mph PAS cut-off.

It sounds do-able but maybe costly depending on where parts are sourced and labour to install.

regards