PDA

View Full Version : Genuine NSX-R?

goldtop
06-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Not sure if this is a regular NSX upgraded with R goodies (like Sudesh's) or a real Type R:

* http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda/nsx/used-honda-nsx-3-0-v6-2dr-coventry-fpa-201304266475719?logcode=p

As far as I can tell from other postings, the seats would give a good idea, but I'm not savvy enough to tell! :)

mjames75
06-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Looks like Sudesh's car to me. same interior, same milage....

definately would not be an R at that price either

goldtop
06-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Sudesh's is an earlier car and doesn't have the bigger rear spoiler, I thought?

mjames75
06-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Sudesh's is an earlier car and doesn't have the bigger rear spoiler, I thought?

Looks like Sudesh's car on OEM rideheight and a new spoiler/ rims maybe? but not sure, I doubt its a different car, if it is I'll be shocked

Problem Child
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Looks like Sudesh's car on OEM rideheight and a new spoiler/ rims maybe? but not sure, I doubt its a different car, if it is I'll be shockedInterior is the same...even the same key ring! but the exterior is different. Sudesh's (on pissedonheads) has std spoiler and the one on autotrader has an NSX R CF spoiler.......and its in Coventry whereas Sudesh's is across the water! ....Hmmmm???

nobby
06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
this is NOT Sudesh's car ... no nsx-r type spoiler on his and the wheels are non OEM.

interesting car ... has all the right bits interior wise, plus i saw his car on saturday evening!

Problem Child
06-05-2013, 08:26 PM
this is NOT Sudesh's car ... no nsx-r type spoiler on his and the wheels are non OEM.

interesting car ... has all the right bits interior wise, plus i saw his car on saturday evening! If that's the case the one in Coventry has an absolutely identical interior: Rev counter reading same, same marks on the drivers seats, same shadows on the drivers seat, same key ring, same lights on the dash, same shadows on the centre console and passenger door.

NSXGB
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Seems slightly fishy. Sideways on pic - looks like the wheels have been photoshopped on. And agree with Geoff - looks like somebody has lifted the interior shots from Sudesh's ad on PH.

Different window sticker on the drivers door between shots too.

nobby
06-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm sure the man himself will be on at some point to explain ... :)

goldtop
07-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I didn't look closely enough - must be the same car. Presume the dealer negotiated a bit and then added on £5k or so for his trouble. Then half-inched a few of Sudesh's photos (with minimal photoshopping).

Senninha
07-05-2013, 11:26 AM
This is NOT Sudesh's NSX ... although it does appear to show interior shots of his car.

Aftermarket sills, 02 valance, DFR spoiler are not parts fitted to Sudesh's NSX.

Wheels dont match from photo to photo so advert is suspicious at best ....

scottg
07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
The car isnt on the dealers web site which shows just a few cars. Not what you expect of a dealer with this type of stock.

Problem Child
07-05-2013, 01:19 PM
The car isnt on the dealers web site which shows just a few cars. Not what you expect of a dealer with this type of stock. Itxt'd him yesterday saying I was interested and asked for the Vehicle ID number on the plate inside the drivers door.....no response

flyingsniffer
07-05-2013, 01:45 PM
There are a lot of scammers out there listing stuff for sale that isn't theirs*. They lift details to make it look genuine and price the object very cheaply. When they get an interested buyer, they ask for a deposit for whatever reason prior to allowing a viewing. Then disappear. There must still be mugs that fall for this sort of stuff and if you do enough advertising, eventually you get lucky.

I recently pursued a scammer that was purporting to sell something of mine and received this email only today:

"Sir,
I know i am a fool sending you this mail but to tell you the truth, i am really a fool. fool in the sense that i know what i have been doing is not right but i am still doing it. I am a thief and a lier, but this is not what i bargained for in my life went school had my Bsc in Banking and finance but no job. i saw my self doing scam for a leaving. am so sorry for all this but i did them just to eat and be able to take care of mum sick and my younger ones. so sorry for every thing regarding to post your xxxxx for sale. i am sorry.
James "

Make of that what you will

*not saying that's what is happening in this case - it doesn't show the classic sign of being priced at bargain basement levels. But 'shopped wheel and lifted pics would have my antennae twitching

214nsx
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
The wall behind the car look very similar to the yellow one on pistonhead.

scottg
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
The wall behind the car look very similar to the yellow one on pistonhead.

Well spotted its the same dealer. The first image does look odd, looks like he has photo shopped the colour and wheels as the paint looks a satin finish in that picture only. It will be interesting to learn the real story behind this ad.

Problem Child
07-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Well spotted its the same dealer. The first image does look odd, looks like he has photo shopped the colour and wheels as the paint looks a satin finish in that picture only. It will be interesting to learn the real story behind this ad.

I called the guy. He said the car has been in the UK for 5 years, and is currently in Ireland (but coming across to mainland tomorrow). When I asked what features it had he read straight from Sudeshs advert on Pistonheads, but didnt seem to know what some of the items were. He claimed it was owned by an NSX owner, and member of this forum called Sudesh.

Sudesh
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Sorry guys, didn't want to start posting about my car yet. Yes the car is provisionally sold to the dealer, I think what he was attempting to do in the autotrader add, was some pre-emptive advertising, So by the looks of it, he just tried to make up his own pics with a mix of mine, until the car reaches him.

Papalazarou
07-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh you guys are sooo busted;-) Love these threads. However, I'm a little worried about putting mine on now!

Cheers,

James.

britlude
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
so do we now have the traditional 'can't sell to traders'/'traders mark ups' discussion?

not to mention the 'advertising before actually got it'/'coming soon' discussion?

:)

Sudesh
07-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Oh you guys are sooo busted;-) Love these threads. However, I'm a little worried about putting mine on now!

Cheers,

James.

Im not busted anything! the car is still mine as far as Im concerned, hasn't been fully paid for yet, and Im the type of person that doesnt like to say vehicles are sold, until all the money has arrived, so that's the reason I didn't say anything.

I also had no idea the dealer was going to advertise the car before he even got it either.

nobby
07-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I think James was referring to the other posts discussing your car Sudesh and not you ;)

I am somewhat surprised at the buyer/dealer listing the car before even obtaining the car and purchasing the car outright from you ... Perhaps a more subtle ad would have been "NSX for sale in NSX-R spec" (pending) and with a description with images coming soon or use of a library photo of google.

hope everything goes to plan re sale ... I for one (as you know) will be gutted to see the car go and leave these shores and one less NSX in the province.

But your still the man for NSX work ... Long may that continue even after potential sale.

as with all these things would prefer to see the car go to a forum member or true enthusiast of the car but a sale is a sale

Senninha
07-05-2013, 07:59 PM

Cheers,

James.

My comments stand true though ... the car advertised is NOT Sudesh's car ... unless he suddenly added a load of heavy parts to a lightwieght NSX .... clearly the only profile shot he had also had after market rims, hence the photoshop OEM wheels

well done Sudesh ... hope it finds a deserving home

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
07-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Sudesh, are you still turning to the raging bull?

Papalazarou
07-05-2013, 08:08 PM
so do we now have the traditional 'can't sell to traders'/'traders mark ups' discussion?

not to mention the 'advertising before actually got it'/'coming soon' discussion?

:)

I know. Personally I'm outraged! However, all is not lost, as my car goes live tomorrow;-)

Cheers.

Sudesh
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I think James was referring to the other posts discussing your car Sudesh and not you ;)

I am somewhat surprised at the buyer/dealer listing the car before even obtaining the car and purchasing the car outright from you ... Perhaps a more subtle ad would have been "NSX for sale in NSX-R spec" (pending) and with a description with images coming soon or use of a library photo of google.

hope everything goes to plan re sale ... I for one (as you know) will be gutted to see the car go and leave these shores and one less NSX in the province.

But your still the man for NSX work ... Long may that continue even after potential sale.

as with all these things would prefer to see the car go to a forum member or true enthusiast of the car but a sale is a sale

Ah right, my bad then lol, apologies to James.

I'll still be continuing the NSX work and other NSX projects, I'll just borrow your car from now on Andrew lol

Problem Child
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Ah right, my bad then lol, apologies to James.

I'll still be continuing the NSX work and other NSX projects, I'll just borrow your car from now on Andrew lol Busted...not quite. Its right that we all look out for each other and on the face of it what this guy did raised suspicions. Thankfully Sudesh put us all right. Hope Sudesh's sale goes through OK and glad to hear we will retain his expertise in NSXCB

gumball
07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
No one does sales analysis like nsxcb! Ho ho.

mjames75
07-05-2013, 10:11 PM
My comments stand true though ... the car advertised is NOT Sudesh's car ... unless he suddenly added a load of heavy parts to a lightwieght NSX .... clearly the only profile shot he had also had after market rims, hence the photoshop OEM wheels

well done Sudesh ... hope it finds a deserving home

regards, Paul

your right, its not Sudesh's car, It's his old car!

Papalazarou
08-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Jesus! Only kidding. I even added a smilie. Comments seemed reasonable. Certainly a departure from the "that car's probably been crashed man! I just know it!" Threads.

Cheers.

markc
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
... Certainly a departure from the "that car's probably been crashed man! I just know it!" Threads.

Another old can of worms to open instead, the new owner describes the car as a 1995... :D

Papalazarou
08-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Another old can of worms to open instead, the new owner describes the car as a 1995... :D

Cat Jesus Christ Mark, that's just inflammatory!

Cheers.

goldtop
08-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Crikey, it's gone up another £1000 in a day. Hurry, hurry, hurry! ;)

Senninha
08-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Crikey, it's gone up another £1000 in a day. Hurry, hurry, hurry! ;)

Excellent, thanks for the update, tedious as they are!

drmikey
09-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Interesting advertising techniques!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Carrera-911-997-C4S-C-4S-Lamborghini-Gallardo-Spyder-Honda-NSX-R-/151036135577?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D7543462869791407838%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D151036135577% 26

NSXGB
17-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Looks really nice with the new wheels.

scottg
17-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks really nice with the new wheels.

I do like the new wheels but not sure I would have changed from the originals as the car was so clean looking. I think the black wheels o the yellow car they sold did work extreamly well.

Senninha
17-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Thumbs up for the new wheels ... And the originals ... Would be great example to own

Problem Child
19-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Excellent, thanks for the update, tedious as they are! What was it with you that night, Mr Senninha,,,,very grumpy!....not like you at all