PDA

View Full Version : NSX on the hunt

josewick
11-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

been browsing this forum for a little while now and about time to say hi ..

I have at last managed to sell my Skyline so now hunting for an NSX for this year's project...

So... I am learning... like everyone else here ... on NSX ;)

I import cars, but prices in Japan i sstupidly High and I might as well buy one in the country.. Is there any re-sale concerns for Manual or Auto??

are all Manual 6 speed??

Still have to do a lot of research so any input is appreciated.

also, what size ratios tyres do people run on 17s and 18s??

Many thanks

Joe

Greybloke
11-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Joe and welcome :D

When I was in the market (last summer) there was certainly a discount for auto's. This presumably is due to the more limited demand?

The early 3.0 man cars (the best :wink: ) are 5 speed, with later 3.2 having the 6 speed.

Plenty of info on this site as well as nsxprime.com

Good luck in your search :)

banzaicars
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome Joe,

I was hunting for quite some time having looked at plenty before I found my '96 NSX-T manual in a Honda dealership.

At the moment I think demand exceeds supply for good early manuals hence the hold on prices.

You will certainly find, as I did, that the people on here are more than willing to share advice and experience; so you have come to the best place prior to buying one of the best cars in the world (I may be biased but I don't think it's an exaggeration :wink: )

Happy hunting mate

Keith

Ian.M
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Welcome

I bought mine over Christams an early 3.0 manual. Where do you live. I would be happy to share my experiences and views with you.

best wishes
Ian