PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic - your input needed urgently

sorepaws
17-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I have been contacted by the organisers of the Silverstone Classic who feel in their opinion the Honda provided marquee is too commercial and if we want this style of "stand" then either Honda or NSXCB should pay the commercial rate of £1,200 or full auto rate of £7,500 for a number of reasons I feel that this is beyond my position within the club to make a decision.

I am asking members -YOU for input. What should we do as a club in this instance?

Options are :
A) try and get SSC to accept the Honda stand without any additional Honda branding.
B) tell Honda that we cannot use their stand

In the first instance we have to work out a plan if SSC are just against a Honda presence.

Comments suggestions please asap I will try to negotiate with SSC but would like your feelings on this situation.

Papalazarou
18-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm not going to this event, so my opinion might not be so valid. However, for what it's worth. I think you should strongly argue the point with them. It seems like another way of making some extra money with at best a tenuous reason.
It's tough enough to get manufacturer support for clubs without event organisers attempting to tax for the privilege.
You may want to liaise with S2Ki UK as they normally have HUK support for this event too and may be suffering a similar obstruction.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
18-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm thinking along the same lines as James ... if you can liaise with S2k and SCC so that the two clubs are located together then SCC may be less inclined to apply the 'tax'

Now if Honda UK could arrange to have the new NSX on the stand this might help the argument(s)

Best of luck

Paul

gumball
18-04-2013, 07:47 AM
It's ludicrous that anyone attending the Silverstone classic would consider buying a Honda anyway.
At least not now, or not yet.

You would have to let Honda know, and ask if they are willing pay for their place, or do without.

But as I said the Hondas on display are not remotely relevant to what Honda are making anyway.

NSX 2000
18-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm not going to this event, so my opinion might not be so valid. However, for what it's worth. I think you should strongly argue the point with them. It seems like another way of making some extra money with at best a tenuous reason.
It's tough enough to get manufacturer support for clubs without event organisers attempting to tax for the privilege.
You may want to liaise with S2Ki UK as they normally have HUK support for this event too and may be suffering a similar obstruction.

Cheers,

James.

Hi Mike, I totaly agree with James. We need to point out the following.

1) There is no Honda personnel presence, only NSXCB members.

2) There is no Honda literature or any Honda merchandise for sale.

3) This is the only contribution Honda give NSXCB (They do not give the club any money) in return for us giving them our cars when they have need for an NSX or two.

IMO they are just trying it on (or another club has got a bit jealous) . The event is really a two way street thing, they are providing the location and staffing but we are providing one of the main attractions (yet we still have to pay!) and now they want more money! Talk about want their cake and it. With car sales down again across Europe we are lucky they give us anything at all.

Paul

sorepaws
18-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Closed

I have agreed with the organisers of SSC that we will keep the Honda branding to a minimum (no Honda flags this year !!) Apparently the reaction is due to the rather extreme Porsche UK presence bringing their marketing machine along, so we were asked to tone down the Honda part. This means that they (SSC ) can be more aggressive to other manufacturers who see this as a free marketing opportunity ie they can tell Porsche where to stick their marquee and new cars :-)

Problem Child
18-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Closed

I have agreed with the organisers of SSC that we will keep the Honda branding to a minimum (no Honda flags this year !!) Apparently the reaction is due to the rather extreme Porsche UK presence bringing their marketing machine along, so we were asked to tone down the Honda part. This means that they (SSC ) can be more aggressive to other manufacturers who see this as a free marketing opportunity ie they can tell Porsche where to stick their marquee and new cars :-)

Well done sorepaws! Not going to the event this year due to family holidays but enjoyed it last year...Have a good one this year

NSX 2000
18-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Closed

IIRC Porsche subsidize the GB Porsche Owners Club by over 1/4 million pounds a year.