PDA

View Full Version : Jolly to Scotland

nobby
17-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi folks

Planning to be in Scotland weekend of 26-29th April. Will be arriving in Stranraer around 5.30am ish and then making the run up to Aberdeenshire, around the National Park area, such as Alton, Ballater, Invururie etc (route still to be planned), no major detours anticpiated (would love to head for Highlands and cut across) as time is limited and need to keep in mind the good lady in the passenger seat as she is in the latter stages of pregnancy (will be our 1st)! :)

So if anyone is about on here and fancies a wee get together, suggest a route or stop off and say hello let me know sure. Also a heads up for anyone keeping the 'spotted' thread updated!!

BTW, obviously taking my NSX on this little jolly (in case this was unclear after reading the above for 2nd time!) :)

regards

andrew

mutley
17-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I would have loved to have joined you for some of the route, but I won't be back in time. There are some fantastic routes to take across the highlands, I'm looking forward to getting home to hit those routes myself.

Cheers
Jim

nobby
17-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Bummer Jim :( , that woulda been cool, would have been nice to follow another NSX round some great roads! :)

Have been up in the Highlands for the past few years on the motorbike and have encountered some amazing roads, but this is the first time in the NSX

Hopefully get a chance again ...

I would have loved to have joined you for some of the route, but I won't be back in time. There are some fantastic routes to take across the highlands, I'm looking forward to getting home to hit those routes myself.

Cheers
Jim

Problem Child
19-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Bummer Jim :( , that woulda been cool, would have been nice to follow another NSX round some great roads! :)

Have been up in the Highlands for the past few years on the motorbike and have encountered some amazing roads, but this is the first time in the NSX

Hopefully get a chance again ...

Great roads and spectacular scenery and some excellent off the beaten track hotels, but loads of midges and it always rains!!!!

nobby
19-04-2013, 10:01 AM
for the past 3 years i have been going on the bike run mid april I have only ever encountered one morning of rain the rest of the time has been brilliant weather ... but no doubt at some point my luck will run out ... hopefully NOT next weekend either

Just a lovely part of the country as you say! :)

NSX100
20-04-2013, 10:11 AM
for the past 3 years i have been going on the bike run mid april I have only ever encountered one morning of rain the rest of the time has been brilliant weather ... but no doubt at some point my luck will run out ... hopefully NOT next weekend either

Just a lovely part of the country as you say! :)

Bad timing. I'm in Banchory with the NSX ready to go and my first trip of the year was to go over the stunning A939 to Tomintoul and back but I am away that weekend. However, make sure you do it - one of the UK's great roads. Lots of lambs about though and it is open moorland so you need to be careful with the sheep. The midges don't come this far east and it is a bit early in the season so you are safe there. But as for the rain - pure hit or miss.

nobby
21-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Ahh bugger,

thats a shame!

Thankyou for the route suggestion, that's great! I'm actually staying in Ballater a night and I see this road is nearby ... Great stuff.

thanks.

andrew

Bad timing. I'm in Banchory with the NSX ready to go and my first trip of the year was to go over the stunning A939 to Tomintoul and back but I am away that weekend. However, make sure you do it - one of the UK's great roads. Lots of lambs about though and it is open moorland so you need to be careful with the sheep. The midges don't come this far east and it is a bit early in the season so you are safe there. But as for the rain - pure hit or miss.

kingsley
21-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Nobby,

In Scotland this week staying Loch Lomond then on to Glen Coe / Fort William / Isle of Skye ? / Inverness / midges are normally still asleep this time. Been to Isle of Mull a few times to stay with friends there and if they are around......OMG

Cheers

Kingsley

soddy
21-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi folks

Planning to be in Scotland weekend of 26-29th April. Will be arriving in Stranraer around 5.30am ish and then making the run up to Aberdeenshire, around the National Park area, such as Alton, Ballater, Invururie etc (route still to be planned), no major detours anticpiated (would love to head for Highlands and cut across) as time is limited and need to keep in mind the good lady in the passenger seat as she is in the latter stages of pregnancy (will be our 1st)! :)

So if anyone is about on here and fancies a wee get together, suggest a route or stop off and say hello let me know sure. Also a heads up for anyone keeping the 'spotted' thread updated!!

BTW, obviously taking my NSX on this little jolly (in case this was unclear after reading the above for 2nd time!) :)

regards

andrew

Congratulations Andrew to you and your wife, hope all is well and you enjoy your trip. Just take it easy on the corners or you'll be driving back with an extra passenger lol ;)

Problem Child
21-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Congratulations Andrew to you and your wife, hope all is well and you enjoy your trip. Just take it easy on the corners or you'll be driving back with an extra passenger lol ;) Loads of cows ands sheep on the loose too. If you do hit one you are allowed to keep it. I hit one just outside Elgin, and went to the police station to report it. By the time I drove past it again (no I wasn't going back for it I was going home) someone had swiped it! Enjoy your tour, lovely place with lovely roads and great people!

nobby
21-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks!

I'll refrain as much as possible as some roads are amazing up there

Congratulations Andrew to you and your wife, hope all is well and you enjoy your trip. Just take it easy on the corners or you'll be driving back with an extra passenger lol ;)

nobby
21-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Yeah, have had deer, sheep dart in front of me a couple of times while m'bike touring round the HLs, so hoping my luck continues without hitting one!

The North of Scotland is beautiful and it's great to tour about and as you say the people are top notch too ... Like us! :)

Loads of cows ands sheep on the loose too. If you do hit one you are allowed to keep it. I hit one just outside Elgin, and went to the police station to report it. By the time I drove past it again (no I wasn't going back for it I was going home) someone had swiped it! Enjoy your tour, lovely place with lovely roads and great people!

nobby
21-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi Kingsley

you are going to some fab places, and there is cracker touring roads around the vicinity your visiting. Just a pity we are not in the similar area; usually I do tend to spend sometime there when over but Aberdeenshire bound this time round.

have a great time, hope we get the weather! :)

Hi Nobby,

In Scotland this week staying Loch Lomond then on to Glen Coe / Fort William / Isle of Skye ? / Inverness / midges are normally still asleep this time. Been to Isle of Mull a few times to stay with friends there and if they are around......OMG

Cheers

Kingsley

Sudesh
27-04-2013, 09:45 PM
He's the trip going? Was a absolutely beautiful day here today, took my own car out for its second run this year.

Problem Child
28-04-2013, 08:42 AM
He's the trip going? Was a absolutely beautiful day here today, took my own car out for its second run this year. Some pictures would be great