PDA

View Full Version : Time to let go

indi pearl
07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
With the 7 year ownership mark coming up in June it is sadly time to say goodbye to P1 NSX, my beautifull yellow manual targa garage queen. Retirement and imminent house move have finally made me think the car needs a new (younger?) owner who will drive it as it was designed for and give it more time out in the summer sunshine.
My thanks to you all on this site who have made ownership and maintenance so easy. I intend to sell the car through this site only in the hope it is bought by someone who will cherish it as I and the previous owners have.

NSX 2000
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
IIRC we both have a friend called Alec who could be intrested your car. Or at least he was.

indi pearl
08-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks NSX2000, but if you mean Alec McQuin from Poole then he has moved on since he thought he wanted one. As it happens I have known Alec for some 37 years.

NSX 2000
09-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Yes, that was Alec I was thinking off. Lets guess he has gone and bought another pin ball machine.

indi pearl
12-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Well after posting this sale 5 days ago I am now a "past owner" of P1 NSX. The new owner picks the car up this weekend and I am sure he will become a valuable member of NSXCB.

Once again thank you all for the help, guidance and support over the last 7 years of ownership.

NSXGB
12-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Congrats. Good ones don't hang around.

scottg
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
A very lucky new owner, your car looked stunning. Is it staying on the South Coast?

Senninha
12-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Congratulations, hope its a sunny day for you all.

Good ones find new homes quickly ...

regards, Paul

Squirejo
16-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone. A quick introduction. I am now the latest custodian of the car. John has kept it in fabulous condition over the last seven years and I think was slightly horrified that the first journey at the hands of the new owner would be completed in the dark with rain threatened. No such drama, the headlights work well and the rain stayed at bay.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an NSX for a while, via this forum and the other usual places. Why? Because I think it's a fantastic example of a usable modern classic but moreover I am increasingly finding modern cars sterile, lacking in emotion, and frankly too fast for their own good. An example of that is the Gallardo, which I was able to own 5 years ago, where to feel exciting and rewarding you had to travel too fast.

The NSX comes to a good home with some interesting stable-mates (more to be revealed in the future) but one thing you can be assured of- it will be kept in the condition I bought it it, but used as the designers intended.

Thank you for running a great forum that has already been the font of much knowledge and ultimately the source of my itch scratching.

Sudesh
16-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Hello everyone. A quick introduction. I am now the latest custodian of the car. John has kept it in fabulous condition over the last seven years and I think was slightly horrified that the first journey at the hands of the new owner would be completed in the dark with rain threatened. No such drama, the headlights work well and the rain stayed at bay.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an NSX for a while, via this forum and the other usual places. Why? Because I think it's a fantastic example of a usable modern classic but moreover I am increasingly finding modern cars sterile, lacking in emotion, and frankly too fast for their own good. An example of that is the Gallardo, an example of which I owned 5 years ago, where to feel exciting you had to travel too fast.

The NSX comes to a good home with some interesting stable-mates (more to be revealed in the future) but one thing you can be assured of- it will be kept in the condition I bought it it, but used as the designers intended.

Thank you for running a great forum that has already been the font of much knowledge and ultimately the source of my itch scratching.

mjames75
16-04-2013, 07:56 PM
welcome :-), not the first previous Gallardo owner........:-)

scottg
16-04-2013, 07:57 PM

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an NSX for a while, via this forum and the other usual places. Why? Because I think it's a fantastic example of a usable modern classic but moreover I am increasingly finding modern cars sterile, lacking in emotion, and frankly too fast for their own good. An example of that is the Gallardo, which I was able to own 5 years ago, where to feel exciting and rewarding you had to travel too fast.

Welcome, has the car gone far or stayed on the south coast?

Squirejo
16-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Hi Scott. Car is currently in London but will spend time between there and the Cotswolds and hibernation in the winter.

TheSebringOne
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome and congrats on your purchase of a great looking example!

nobby
16-04-2013, 09:30 PM
As with all the above comments, glad the car went to a person who is genuinely interested in the car!

the best colour too ; )

Tokyo-Joe
17-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Congrats on your new purchase, they are superb cars. Enjoy.

AR
17-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Congratulations and enjoy it!

Marky
28-04-2013, 01:39 AM
We all know the NSX is a great car, and that a lot of modern cars feel sterile, but the NSX is a little under powered compared to more modern supercars and the chassis could certainly handle more power. I also found the comment about modern cars make you drive too fast odd, as the NSX really only comes alive once you take it up to 7000rpm, by which time you're going pretty fast. My question is.... Is there a modernish supercar that is as good as or better than the NSX? I'm thinking R8, as it also has aluminium body and mid engined layout

AR
28-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Marky NSX with a CT engineering SC is pretty is faster than the R8 V8. The R8 is a much up to date junior supercar than the NSX and interior wise there is no comparison. Shame the R8 looks so odd from some angles, but so does the NSX. IMHO Honda should have moved on from the V6 MR and kept the V10 FR or even V8, and go after the German coupes as the Italians hav moved the goalposts to the next stadium.

AR
28-04-2013, 04:48 AM
BTW l before I get told that is about the handling, if it was all about handling ONLY, there would not be so many FI NSX.

drmikey
28-04-2013, 06:41 AM
I also found the comment about modern cars make you drive too fast odd

No, I totally concur with Suirejo. NSX has the perfect amount of power and driveability to enjoy the UK roads. I also have a 996 Turbo - an awesome feat of engineering and a real supercar but it is too good and capable. Endless grip, endless power - perfect for a race track or autobahn but going for a fun and involving drive, it has to be the NSX, and has to be naturally aspirated!

Silver Surfer
28-04-2013, 08:16 AM
The difference between a SC NSX and a turbocharged NSX is the delivery of power. The SC NSX power is linear! It really feels like NA but with more power and is smooth. Hagasan can confirm with Arys' comment as he has driven them and hopefully another of our long-serving member will also confirm in a couple of weeks.

SS

Squirejo
28-04-2013, 06:36 PM
I dont think modern sports cars HAVE to be driven fast. But they often don't feel enormously exciting until you are in licence losing territory. A 5 second, 2nd gear prod of the loud pedal in an R8 V10? I am guessing time at Her Majesty's pleasure. And I think that's the joy of different cars in different situations. I drove from london to Goodwood last weekend in the NSX. Lovely roads once you peel off the a3 and the nsx felt the perfect companion. Stopped in for a chat at fernhurst tvr. With the wife in the passenger seat and occasionally driving it felt the perfect car for the journey. Would it have been as enjoyable in my 996gt3.2? I don't think so. With a ride much less compliant and a real edge to everything it would have felt like I was being thrown into a verge at every bump on some of the minor roads. Better keep the last tenths for the track, then, in that car.

The NSX never felt under or overpowered. A little soft? Perhaps, but it is a targa and you gain when the journey returns to the mundane. Horses for courses then. And I think the NSX has plenty to be able to enjoy driving, sub 100 leptons. It's a little like the GT86 debate.

AR
09-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I also have a 996 Turbo - an awesome feat of engineering and a real supercar

Ouch!

IMHO the NSX is a real junior supercar, and the GT2 is a real supercar, the 996TT is a sports car.

SC NSX is just like naturally aspirated, really easy to enjoy and drive slowly ( if you can manage it :-) ) or go into hyperdrive!