PDA

View Full Version : North Wales weekend and pancakes!

Dragonlady
26-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Wanted to gauge interest for a weekend away in North Wales, would be a Friday and Saturday night stop over at a nice hotel near the Dutch Pancake House (Conwy)
Arrive on the Friday afternoon or evening, ready for Saturday which would consist of driving some of the best roads North Wales has to offer (same as last year). Pancakes for tea, then back to the hotel. Sunday no fixed plans as yet but I would imagine some people would need to travel home at a reasonable time so options are open for things to do or see.

There are 9 rooms available at a discounted rate if we can fill them all, of £75 per night B&B, breakfast is great! Otherwise it's £90 a room.
Friday 5th and Saturday 6th July decided.
There are other hotels nearby if numbers are more and you could still join us for breakfast at a small cost if you so wished. The Groes Inn is about 5 miles down the road.

Please find hotel link below:

http://www.princes-arms.co.uk/

All rooms have now been either booked or provisionally booked, however if you are interested in coming and have not yet got a room please PM me as I know of other hotels nearby. Looks like it is going tone a great weekend.

Cheers Ian

Hotel now fully booked, rooms secured for people listed below. Anyone wishing to know of alternative accommodation please pm me.

1 x double room with en suite river view - Reserved (Kingsley - NSX) Deposit paid
1 x double room with en suite river view - Reserved (Mike - Supra)
1 x double room with en suite river view - Reserved (Martyn - NSX) Deposit paid
1 x double room with en suite river view - Reserved (Ollie - NSX) Deposit paid
1 x double room en suite at rear very quiet - Reserved (Darren - Supra) Deposit paid
1 x twin room with en suite - Reserved (Geoff and m666 edd - NSXs)
1 x Apartment with double room - Reserved (Ian and Sharon - NSX) Deposits paid
1 x Apartment with double room - Reserved (Mr & Mrs Boote - S2000) Deposit paid Saturday night only
1 x Apartment room with two bedrooms, one double and one with two single beds - Reserved (Paul H - Supra)
1 x doubles with a single bed and en suite - Reserved (Steve Marsh - Plus 8, Morgan) Deposit paid
​1 x Twin Room Reserved (Phill and Kare - NSXs) Deposits paid
1 x double with a single bed and en suite (Ian - Supra) Deposits paid

Problem Child
26-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Wanted to gauge interest for a weekend away in North Wales, would be a Friday and Saturday night stop over at a nice hotel near the Dutch Pancake House (Conwy)
Arrive on the Friday afternoon or evening, ready for Saturday which would consist of driving some of the best roads North Wales has to offer (same as last year). Pancakes for tea, then back to the hotel. Sunday no fixed plans as yet but I would imagine some people would need to travel home at a reasonable time so options are open for things to do or see.

There are 9 rooms available at a discounted rate if we can fill them all, of £75 per night B&B, breakfast is great! Otherwise it's £90 a room.
Two weekends are available at the moment, June 14th and 15th or July 5th and 6th.
There are other hotels nearby if numbers are more and you could still join us for breakfast at a small cost if you so wished. The Groes Inn is about 5 miles down the road.

We need to move fast on this to get the rooms secured so please let me know if you are interested.

Please find hotel link below:

http://www.princes-arms.co.uk/

Cheers Ian

Count me in (either date)

214nsx
26-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Both dates are fine with me.

ollie
27-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi Ian ,

5th and 6th July is good for me

Steve

Dragonlady
27-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Looks like 5th and 6th July then. Anyone else up for a drive round some nice roads in Wales?

Ian

Dragonlady
29-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Anyone else interested, or should we now open this up to the NW Supra enthusiasts to fill up the spaces?

NSX 2000
29-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Anyone else interested, or should we now open this up to the NW Supra enthusiasts to fill up the spaces?

Not yet as I've noticed the 3 people who have said yes are from the SE (would of thought some NW and even Scotland members would join us) plus I'm hoping to come as well and may need 2 rooms.

Dragonlady
29-03-2013, 11:01 AM
No problem Paul. Unfortunately Steve has sent me a text and he can't make it.
Ian

Problem Child
29-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Just had a look at the hotel and surrounding area on Google Maps. Looks a beautiful place, and the hotel looks safe (in the middle of nowhere) with plenty of good parking.

200 mile motorway run to get there, so my Pride and Joy will get a good run out that weekend....cant wait!

Problem Child
29-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Just had a look at the hotel and surrounding area on Google Maps. Looks a beautiful place, and the hotel looks safe (in the middle of nowhere) with plenty of good parking.

200 mile motorway run to get there, so my Pride and Joy will get a good run out that weekend....cant wait!

Hotel also gets good reviews on Tripadvisor........

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1096823-d1070932-Reviews-Princes_Arms_Hotel-Trefriw_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

Silver Surfer
29-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi Ian, Sharon.

I will be able to come and will ask 214NSX (Phill) whether I can join him.

SS

Problem Child
30-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi Ian, Sharon.

I will be able to come and will ask 214NSX (Phill) whether I can join him.

SS

Maybe the southerners could all go in convoy? I will be coming up from Heathrow, so M40 to Birmingham......

Dragonlady
30-03-2013, 12:36 PM
OK people, these are what rooms are available:

4 x double rooms with en suite river view
1 x double room en suite at rear very quite
2 x doubles with a single bed and en suite
2 x twin rooms en suite

There are also 3 apartments with two bedrooms, one double and one with two single beds. these also have their own living room and TV, and a bathroom with bath and shower over the bath.
These are ideal for families (Paul)
Cost for the apartments are £20 a head based upon 4 adults sharing or if there are children are approx 12 or under he will do them for £75 per apartment as per the other rooms.
These are not up to the same standard as the other rooms yet but are very clean and tidy and are still part of the main building.

All prices include full Welsh breakfast!

Please can you list below what your requirements are, we need to let the hotel know in the next 2 weeks as we have currently reserved all rooms in the hotel. Deposit's of £25 will be required before the end of April, with the balance payable on departure, once we know if you are interested we will PM with the payment details.

1) Sharon and Ian - Double Room with River View
2) Ollie + 1 - Double Room with River View
3) Mike and Steph -Double Room with River View
4) Darren +1 - Double Room (exact preference TBC)

Cheers Ian

Silver Surfer
30-03-2013, 03:03 PM
5) SS and 214NSX - Twin room apartment please.

SS

Problem Child
30-03-2013, 03:21 PM

SS

6) Geoff (on my own) Single (or willing to share a twin)

Nytram
30-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Hope you can fit us in as well

7) Martyn and Julie - Double room with a view

m666 edd
30-03-2013, 09:15 PM
I could well be up for this, I'll give it some thought.

Dragonlady
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
8) Steve and Ping - Double room with single with the +8 morgan

Dragonlady
01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
4) Darren +1 - Double Room at rear
6) Geoff (on my own) twin room (willing to share a twin)
9) Fearless +1 - Apartment with double room

Dragonlady
02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
10) Kingsley+1 - Twin room apartment

Problem Child
07-04-2013, 07:51 PM
10) Kingsley+1 - Twin room apartment

Ed and I are sharing

Dragonlady
16-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Please see page 1 for updated accommodation details and confirmation of paid deposits.

Could people let us know what time they think that they will be arriving on the Friday and if they would like food as the hotel does meals up to 9pm. Menus can be found on their website, please find link on first post.

Cheers

Ian

Dragonlady
21-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi,

Just a quick update. All rooms are now booked. We have rung the hotel this morning and secured everyones rooms and deposits have been paid. For anyone who wants to join us, but has missed the boat on securing a room don't panic we have details of other local hotels which currently have rooms available, just drop us a pm for details. However we would recommend that people act fast as the hotels are getting booked up quickly with it being the height of season.

Regards

Sharon

Problem Child
21-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Please see page 1 for updated accommodation details and confirmation of paid deposits.

Could people let us know what time they think that they will be arriving on the Friday and if they would like food as the hotel does meals up to 9pm. Menus can be found on their website, please find link on first post.

Cheers

IanProbably get there for about 8pm

ollie
22-06-2013, 01:37 PM
There was a mention of meeting up and convoying in , anyone still up for this , if so what time and where , maybe 2 or 3 meet ups along the route . Its a long way , approx. 4hrs 40mins from the new services at Cobham on the M25 and its Friday afternoon so traffic will be very heavy .

Steve

Problem Child
22-06-2013, 02:05 PM
There was a mention of meeting up and convoying in , anyone still up for this , if so what time and where , maybe 2 or 3 meet ups along the route . Its a long way , approx. 4hrs 40mins from the new services at Cobham on the M25 and its Friday afternoon so traffic will be very heavy .

SteveI will be starting from Heathrow about 3pm so not far from Cobham....happy to join a convoy.

Dragonlady
22-06-2013, 04:18 PM
The worst part of thr journey would be around Birmingham on a Friday at rush hour.
After that your choice is either A5 straight through Wales or up the M6 onto the M56 and then the A55 Which is duel carrigeway. According to google this is slightly quicker but a would suspect David (Kingsley) would know best as this is his neck of the woods.
If you do decide to go the A5 there is a Shell garage just over the bridge as you turn for Betws-y-Coed, then I would sugest going up the A470 to the bridge on the map I'm sending out so you are coming in from the right side of the hotel to avoid bottoming out.

Cheers Ian

kingsley
23-06-2013, 10:21 AM
As Ian quite righty said Birmingham is a nightmare....try and get past before 5.00pm . Various way you could get to hotel.
M6 and then A5 all the way is good. ( Geoff you went this route when you picked your pride & joy up from Oswestry ) hotel is around 48 miles ish from Oswestry . Just watch speed cameras around Telford area.

You could go M6 , M56, A5117 , A550 Queensferry, A55 to Conwy all good roads and may be more miles but shorter time. Looking forward to seeing you all. Thanks to Ian & Sharon for sorting.......

Kingsley

Problem Child
23-06-2013, 11:56 AM
As Ian quite righty said Birmingham is a nightmare....try and get past before 5.00pm . Various way you could get to hotel.
M6 and then A5 all the way is good. ( Geoff you went this route when you picked your pride & joy up from Oswestry ) hotel is around 48 miles ish from Oswestry . Just watch speed cameras around Telford area.

You could go M6 , M56, A5117 , A550 Queensferry, A55 to Conwy all good roads and may be more miles but shorter time. Looking forward to seeing you all. Thanks to Ian & Sharon for sorting.......

KingsleyYes I was looking at the best route and M25-M^- A% is best from the south and as you say takes me past Oswestry where I bought the car. Looking forward to it and hope to have the new wheels by then too as they were shipped from Japan on Friday!

Senna88
24-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I might join you guys, the last one was great! If I do I'll sort out my accommodation.

kingsley
24-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Sean,

Look forward to seeing you. If you don't make Friday night I think Ian's suggestion was all driving over to the Pondarosa on the Saturday between 11.00 - 11.30 am then going on a run.

Kingsley

Senna88
25-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi David,

Yes it's been a while! Ok I'll most likely join for saturday but need to get back for sunday as I've got a local classic show I'd like to attend.

mjames75
25-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi David,

Yes it's been a while! Ok I'll most likely join for saturday but need to get back for sunday as I've got a local classic show I'd like to attend.

I'll probably tag along with Sean!

Dragonlady
26-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Just a note to all who are coming. Make sure your tanks are full ready for Saturday.
There are Shell garages in Betws-y-Coed just over the bridge and one as you come off the A55 at Conway, no excuse not to fill up with Shell's finest!

Cheers Ian

kingsley
29-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Well folks...If the weatherman has got it right it certainly looks like it is going to be very warm and dry weekend for the Pancake Run. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kingsley

ollie
29-06-2013, 10:50 AM
We will be leaving the M25 Cobham services at 2.30pm , if anyone wants to meet up there , then taking M25 , M40 , M42 , M6 toll , A460 , M54 , A5 , ( unless you know a better route ) happy to meet up on route , if interested add meeting place , time and name to list

1. M25 Cobham Services 2.30pm Ollie

Dragonlady
29-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Well folks...If the weatherman has got it right it certainly looks like it is going to be very warm and dry weekend for the Pancake Run. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kingsley

That's what we like to hear. Shaping up to be a good weekend, can't wait!!

Sharon

Dragonlady
29-06-2013, 11:18 AM
If anyone has a bug to join at the last minute after hearing Kingsley's weather report just send me a pm as we know of other hotels close by that they could try.

sharon

ollie
02-07-2013, 05:54 PM
We will be leaving the M25 Cobham services at 2.30pm , if anyone wants to meet up there , then taking M25 , M40 , M42 , M6 toll , A460 , M54 , A5 , ( unless you know a better route ) happy to meet up on route , if interested add meeting place , time and name to list

2. M40 Junction 2 Beaconsfield services at 3.15pm Geoff

Problem Child
02-07-2013, 07:25 PM

2. M40 Junction 2 Beaconsfield services at 3.15pm GeoffI'll be there....cant wait, as the weather forecast is great! Will be good to see you all again

Problem Child
02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
We still sharing a room, Ed?

Dragonlady
02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Had an email of Ed, he's still coming now that his old clutch is back in.

Ian

Silver Surfer
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I be leaving Basildon around 4pm (hopefully) and will meet with Phill on the M25 and then have a stop at B'ham to meet Andy (328) before arriving late at the Hotel.

SS

214nsx
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I be leaving Basildon around 4pm (hopefully) and will meet with Phill on the M25 and then have a stop at B'ham to meet Andy (328) before arriving late at the Hotel.

SS

And Sean as well.

02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
And Sean as well.

:) drive safe guys and see you soon

Problem Child
03-07-2013, 10:35 AM

2. M40 Junction 2 Beaconsfield services at 3.15pm Geoff

Slight change of plan, as I am having new tyres fitted on Friday morning. Can we meet at Oxford Services at 4pm instead?

Dragonlady
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
If anybody has walkie talkies can they bring them as mobile phone reception can be poor in the mountains.
Cheers Ian

m666 edd
03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I shall add that to my check list.

Talking of check lists, anyone got a general one just to make sure I don't forget something important, apart from the car and myself! :)

Dragonlady
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Petrol,food and drink money.

NSXGB
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
....camera....

214nsx
03-07-2013, 02:41 PM
GoPro...... :D

Problem Child
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
....camera....
Passport....it is Wales after all!

ollie
04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Slight change of plan, as I am having new tyres fitted on Friday morning. Can we meet at Oxford Services at 4pm instead?

No problem Geoff , I take it you are talking about the services at junction 8a on the M40 , see you at 4pm

Steve

Problem Child
04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
No problem Geoff , I take it you are talking about the services at junction 8a on the M40 , see you at 4pm

Steve
That's the one

Nytram
08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
We really enjoyed this weekend we had a great time, big thanks to Ian and Sharon, well done.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon ( Silverstone hopefully )

Cheers Martyn and Julie.

Silver Surfer
08-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Big thanks to Ian (the Leader!) and Sharon for organising a really good weekend...great company, great cars, great roads, top food, fabulous weather, wonderful scenery and a superb mountain to finish off.....epic!!!

SS

Senninha
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Where are the photos ???.?.?.?.?

214nsx
08-07-2013, 09:59 PM
In the Photos gallery matey..

ollie
08-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Big thanks to Ian (the Leader!) and Sharon for organising a really good weekend...great company, great cars, great roads, top food, fabulous weather, wonderful scenery and a superb mountain to finish off.....epic!!!

SS

THIS !

Steve

Senninha
08-07-2013, 10:27 PM
THIS !

Steve

didyou mean this .... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11319-Pancake-Run-Pictures

kingsley
09-07-2013, 07:46 AM
A great big THANK YOU to Ian & Sharon for arranging such a successful weekend. All was fantastic , Silver Surfer comments above convey all. Next time we must ensure Geoff brings a hat....... Looking forward to Silverstone

Many Thanks
Kingsley

Problem Child
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
A great big THANK YOU to Ian & Sharon for arranging such a successful weekend. All was fantastic , Silver Surfer comments above convey all. Next time we must ensure Geoff brings a hat....... Looking forward to Silverstone

Many Thanks
Kingsley

I second that...Great company, great fun. Many thanks to Ian and Sharon

NSXGB
09-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Where's the GoPro footage?

NSX-FAN
10-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I posted some pics i took on my FB page and a member from Banzai magazine made contact with me and would be interested in creating a small feature for the magazine; admin and moderators would you be willing to accept this ?

The message from Banzai mag

"I would be interested in doing some coverage of the meet in our clubs pages, so if you know any of the organisers, would you be able to mention it to them ? my email is abiddle@unitymedia.com if they want to get in touch"

Let me know your thoughts.

Adam.

Dragonlady
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
I could check with the gang if they don't mind their cars being in the magazine, I have no objections.
Can you put a link up to your facebook page.

Cheers Ian

NSX-FAN
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi ian,

Here is my profile,

https://www.facebook.com/adam.melville.98?ref=tn_tnmn

i just posted the one pic of the gathering and a guy I know of who works in the motoring industry who is friends with an editor of the magazine forwarded the pic onto the Banzai magazine Facebook page who then sent me a private message regarding the feature. I have a few more pics of the cars at the Cafe but none of the cars on the Triangle so if anyone has some pics of roads etc.. I will be happy to send them over to the guys from the mag.

britlude
10-07-2013, 04:54 PM
might as well try and get the NSX in the that way as the photo shoot died! maybe we should tell them about silverstone!

Dragonlady
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll pm the guys and let you know ASAP.
Ian

ps Great picture

NSX-FAN
11-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I'll pm the guys and let you know ASAP.
Ian

ps Great picture

Any luck Ian ?

Adam.

Silver Surfer
11-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok with me.

SS

Dragonlady
12-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Any luck Ian ?

Adam.

Hi yeah everyone is ok, I have pm'd you my details.

ian

kingsley
17-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Worth checking out September issue of EVO they were testing the following cars were all at The Groes Inn just down the road from The Pancake House...and were being tested on some of the roads we were on...Ferrari F40, Ferrari F50, Lamborghini Murcielago, McLaren F1, Noble M600, Pangani Zonda, Porsche Carrera GT...

Kingsley